Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motivation...What motivates you to keep going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motivation...What motivates you to keep going?

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"
    - ProfessionalSoldiers.com
    Dustin
    "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
    John Ruskin

WTF bro, what you talking about

Comment

What do you use to motivate you through the tough times in your training? We all have those times when we just don't necessarily want to train - be it our professional military training, PT, or our own workout regimens. What motivates you at those times to keep going? The above quote, that thought keeps me going.

What else keeps me going? The thought that someday, someone's life on my sub is going to depend on mt ability to pick them up and carry them from the scene of a fire while wearing SCBA and a firefighting ensemble is hellishly hot, inhospitable conditions and I won't let them down.
      Dustin
      "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
      John Ruskin

Comment

Hate and frustration

edit: didnt notice this was in military muscle. just clicked on the thread from the forum index. thought this was about just training in general
        Last edited by PA Viking; February 21st, 2009, 12:23 PM. Reason: cuz i needed to

Comment

Im a competitive person so for me its easy. I just think that there is someone out there who is better and doing more so I got to go twice as hard.

Comment

haha, I think the fact that about 80% of todays military are shit bags is motivation enough for the other 20% to have to carry their weight just to survive.

Comment

80%....thats a high number

Comment

What motivates me is hearing the war stories of guys of have been through it. Also, hearing and seeing the horrible things the enemy is willing to do just for one kill of an American. I love seeing officers and guys with experience in their class a or whatever dress, it makes me want to push above the average and be something great.
                "I think Arnold had the sexiest body of all time... Arnold had that charming boy look and a body of a stallion"-google&pubmed

Comment

Safeguarding my beautiful country and the Judeo-Christian principles upon which it was founded. I don't do it for the 90% who don't appreciate it, but for the 10% who do. If I must suffer at the hands of my enemy to protect my country, then so be it.

S/F
                  Myth's training blog:

Comment

Originally posted by trickyone View Post
                    80%....thats a high number
                    TRUTH HURTS DOESN'T IT!!!

Comment

The really sad part is that, Yoked is exactly right. The majority is pathetic and the rest have to carry them.

Comment

Originally posted by BigandAngry View Post
                        The really sad part is that, Yoked is exactly right. The majority is pathetic and the rest have to carry them.
                        Then you are in the wrong part of the military. In the sub force if you don't carry your own weight, then we shit right back to the surface fleet. We don't have time for the weak willed, the unambitious, the lazy, ot the stupid.
                        Dustin
                        John Ruskin

Comment

Unfortuately in the army sometimes you have to deal with the retards and pos guys. We cant get rid of them unless there is a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by TGC View Post
                            What motivates me is hearing the war stories of guys of have been through it. Also, hearing and seeing the horrible things the enemy is willing to do just for one kill of an American. I love seeing officers and guys with experience in their class a or whatever dress, it makes me want to push above the average and be something great.
                            fuck yeah!!! thats real talk mother fuckers!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X