Navy SEAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy SEAL

Im really considering a profession as a Navy SEAL after I graduate college. I have researched sites on the net about training regiments to prepare, but I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience that would be willing to share some tips or routines that worked for them. Thank you for any information.

as with all the special ops you need to be doing some kind of cross fit style training. as well as swimming. you are going to need a really high level of functional fitness for buds. no one is going to care how much you deadlift or bench. i know on the seal site they have a work out of the day. i would suggest following that. there is a book called special ops workout. i recommend taking a look at that to see the kinds of workouts they want you to do and then build your own program off of it. lots of interval training. get really good at combat side stroke. when you are in the gym do total body excersises. overhead squats, clean and jerks etc. you are going want to be able to smoke your past test. if you are just passing you probably wont make it. pj indoc is not buds. the water con is way harder than buds and most of the day is at the pool. i dont know much about what you will be doing on land but i cant imagine its too different.
    Envy is ignorance, Imitation is suicide.
    -RWE

Comment

I would luv to try those workouts (not thinkin about join NAVY seal)...thx pghiron for posting.
      JOIN my health transformation challenge
      www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Comment

Originally posted by pghiron View Post
        as with all the special ops you need to be doing some kind of cross fit style training. as well as swimming. you are going to need a really high level of functional fitness for buds. no one is going to care how much you deadlift or bench. i know on the seal site they have a work out of the day. i would suggest following that. there is a book called special ops workout. i recommend taking a look at that to see the kinds of workouts they want you to do and then build your own program off of it. lots of interval training. get really good at combat side stroke. when you are in the gym do total body excersises. overhead squats, clean and jerks etc. you are going want to be able to smoke your past test. if you are just passing you probably wont make it. pj indoc is not buds. the water con is way harder than buds and most of the day is at the pool. i dont know much about what you will be doing on land but i cant imagine its too different.
        Thanks man for the info. I pretty much train as you describe now. I also do alot of pool work. I test myself every other week, and try to progress each time. I weigh solid 235 right now and blow by the required pullups (No kip), situps, pushups. I plan on bringing my weight down slowly to 185 to 195 while maintaining my strength and increasing my run time and swim.

Comment

No sweat man. good luck. the lighter you are when you get there the easier it will be. i was like 215 during indoc and even though it didnt effect me much, when your team mates are carrying you they will appreciate you not being a meathead since they will pair you up with the smallest guy for sure.
          -RWE

Comment

Cardio Cardio Cardio!!!!

Comment

Triathlons and ironmans. Excess muscle will just weigh you down.

Comment

cardio,swim, more cardio, train to do hard core full body workouts on LESS calories than you are used to...Strong back and shoulders, good solid core...and then run/cardio again...train with periods of little or no sleep, and don't be afraid of the weather to train

Comment

See This Website. They have new workouts daily, and most of the guys are previous spec ops guys.

Really. This isn't a scam.
                  Dustin
                  "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
                  John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                    Triathlons and ironmans. Excess muscle will just weigh you down.
                    absolutely the last thing i would do to train for this. when you have a 100+ lb pack on your back youll be real fucking glad you did all those long runs and swims and shed all that excess muscle.

edit:: i had guys on my team that did lots of triathlons and could run for days but couldnt hang with the team any other time. needless to say they did not make it. sealfit is real good.
                    -RWE

Comment

Working...
                    X