NAVY TO AIR FORCE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAVY TO AIR FORCE?

Is it possible to switch from Navy to Air force? I am an MA in the Navy, which is military police and was interested in switching over to Air Force Secuirty Forces when my contract is up. I will also have my bachleros so is there an option to come in as an officer?

Nope.
    Nope.

Lots of good chances to go Blue to Green and join the Army machine as an officer though.

USAF is shedding enlisted, and from what Ive seen its a lot tougher to go from E to O there than in the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by DCSpartan View Post
      Nope.
      Nope.

Lots of good chances to go Blue to Green and join the Army machine as an officer though.

USAF is shedding enlisted, and from what Ive seen its a lot tougher to go from E to O there than in the Navy.
      Ya I've been hearing the same thing. I should have gone ROTC from the beginning, I already had my Associates. I'm not interested in army, their standard of living sucks. I'm probaly getting out when my time is up but I don't know what else to do at the moment. They try and scare you to think theres no other job out there lol and it's kind of worked....

Comment

Originally posted by vargasty View Post
        Ya I've been hearing the same thing. I should have gone ROTC from the beginning, I already had my Associates. I'm not interested in army, their standard of living sucks. I'm probaly getting out when my time is up but I don't know what else to do at the moment. They try and scare you to think theres no other job out there lol and it's kind of worked....

lol at army standard of living ...........because it is true.... the airforce has it made as far as living standards go. navy / coast guard come in second..

the army and marines live in dirt holes.....................
        CHECK OUT MY TRAINING LOG ! IN THE MEMBERS TRAINING JOURNALS

Comment

I don't know if you can switch, but I was security forces in the Air Force and loved it. Did riot control at an EPW camp in Iraq and loved it too!
          At least i am not a animal RAPIST like your self, keep to the human's. -aarons

Comment

Originally posted by Elephantbattlezone View Post
            lol at army standard of living ...........because it is true.... the airforce has it made as far as living standards go. navy / coast guard come in second..

the army and marines live in dirt holes.....................
            Bro my A-School was at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. They have weekends off in bootcamp lmao and get to eat at restaurants. The Air Force bootcamp barracks are all brand new and like living in a hotel room. I can only imagine what their real barracks are like lol. They prolly get BAH at E-1?

Comment

Bro my A-School was at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. They have weekends off in bootcamp lmao and get to eat at restaurants. The Air Force bootcamp barracks are all brand new and like living in a hotel room. I can only imagine what their real barracks are like lol. They prolly get BAH at E-1?
              Not one word of that is true. Weekends off in basic? If you believed that then I've got a pill that will add 20lbs of muscle and 4 inches to your dick today!

Comment

Originally posted by Toosmall21 View Post
                Not one word of that is true. Weekends off in basic? If you believed that then I've got a pill that will add 20lbs of muscle and 4 inches to your dick today!
                Bro I was just there February. They have weekends off. Maybe not allowed to rome San Antonio but they were walking free on the base. In Great Lakes, you are lucky to go to Church on SUndays. Atleast in my division... Not hating... The Air Force is where I should have gone.

Comment

I went through it dude and we definetely didn't have weekends off. We were allowed to go to church on Sunday and the TI's weren't allowed in church with us, but that's it. And we didn't eat in restaraunts. I will say that our chow halls are a lot better than the Army's because I was stationed in Iraq with the Army and had to eat at their DFAC.

Comment

I went through it dude and we definetely didn't have weekends off. We were allowed to go to church on Sunday and the TI's weren't allowed in church with us, but that's it. And we didn't eat in restaraunts. I will say that our chow halls are a lot better than the Army's because I was stationed in Iraq with the Army and had to eat at their DFAC.
                    ok maybe you weren't, but the new recruits are. Theres a little min BX right behind MEsquite in where they would all go. And YES, you guys have the best food PERIOD. The omlets were off the hook in the morning, along with all the other breakfast food. You could actually do ok bodybuilding wise with the food there if you weren't recieving food allowance.

Comment

you can because security forces has a super low retention rate but this is the worst job in the AF between dick head troops u supervise and dickhead leadership im tempted to try and suck start my m-4

Comment

ok maybe you weren't, but the new recruits are. Theres a little min BX right behind MEsquite in where they would all go. And YES, you guys have the best food PERIOD. The omlets were off the hook in the morning, along with all the other breakfast food. You could actually do ok bodybuilding wise with the food there if you weren't recieving food allowance.
                        I was thinking about it dude and you're probably thinking about the tech schoolers. Some of the tech schools, such as security forces, are at Lackland and we did get weekend off for that. The Security Forces dorms are right behind that mini BX and they were pretty new because the old ones were filled with black mold and everybody was getting sick.

Comment

I was thinking about it dude and you're probably thinking about the tech schoolers. Some of the tech schools, such as security forces, are at Lackland and we did get weekend off for that. The Security Forces dorms are right behind that mini BX and they were pretty new because the old ones were filled with black mold and everybody was getting sick.
                          I think you're right. We had class right next to them in the same building. It was only for people in the Security school so they couldn't have been in bootcamp. I loved that base bro. Warhawk was a great gym....

Comment

Yeah it was, I hate that base but just because it was bootcamp for me

Comment

Im stationed at Lackland, your right about the Warhawk its the best gym on base. The chapperel gym sucks too many smelly ass towel heads there and the medina gym is ok when its not busy.

Comment

Working...
                              X