Potential College Punter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential College Punter

Currently training twice a week punting and kicking.
    However im looking at increasing leg power whilst maintaining flexibility.

I do alot of lunges to increase my flexibility, however havent found a good mix of both.

Any ideas?

yep your bored!
    TRAIN, EAT, SLEEP SO ON AND SO FORTH

Comment

Originally posted by melbournemuscle View Post
      Currently training twice a week punting and kicking.
      However im looking at increasing leg power whilst maintaining flexibility.

I do alot of lunges to increase my flexibility, however havent found a good mix of both.

Any ideas?
      Are you incorporating any plyometrics? Explosive jump drills? Leg extensions? Intense stretching at least once a week? Pilates?

Comment

plyoboxes, yoga, stretching different, mix it up surprise your body
        Starting a new chapter...

Comment

yeah cos ive got a pretty bad knee, but thats all hush at the moment til i get my scholarship...

im mainly working on getting the flexibility back in my hamstrings first...
          i dont need to have 36" thighs, just nice quick explosive legs with a massive range of motion

Comment

jsut make sure your stretching like you are and slowly work your knee back into its normal movements

Comment

Front squats, power cleans, extensions, regular squats should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by melbournemuscle View Post
                yeah cos ive got a pretty bad knee, but thats all hush at the moment til i get my scholarship...

im mainly working on getting the flexibility back in my hamstrings first...
                i dont need to have 36" thighs, just nice quick explosive legs with a massive range of motion
                if only it were that easy...lol

Comment

hahaha true true i wish it was true to, im in high school and ive only got another 5 to get to 36........wow

Comment

whats your average kicking distance? and puntin

Comment

You will see alot of girls in the gym attach a cable to their ankle and go through "kick backs" and "side raises"... this is something that has worked very well for track athletes due to the recruitment of muscle fiber needed to control the cable moving forward and backwards, also it seems to increase flexibility. It was something I did 3x a week before every track season (I ran sub 50 second 400's in high school) Give it a shot!

Comment

Working...
                      X