weight loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weight loss

just wondering im a soccer player and my ideal weight would be 65-70kg. I currently weigh 78kg so i need to cut down about 10kg in 1-2months. what sort of supplements do people recommend. I have looked up this 7day hydroxy phase crash diet on the Max's website. What other supplements do people recommend for stripping body fat and shedding pounds?

the hydroxy phase diet is that of starvation. It will strip you of all youre muscle, and youll feel like shit all day everday.

set a more moderate goal and ease into a SENSIBLE cardio, weights and diet program

Comment

and stop worrying so much about supplements, they will not make up for a lack of cardio, diet and intense training.

get that right first!
      hope that helps

Comment

i do understand the ideals of losing but that wasn't the question it was in ading weight loss so helping it

Comment

let me rephrase that. i do understand the ideals for losing weight. i currently undergo intense training. i do cardio 7+ days a week and i also do 4-5 weight sessions a week. it's just a matter of taking the right stuff in ading the weight loss not necessarily being dependent on supplements to make me lose weight if that made any sense

Comment

so you do 7 days of cardio and pay attention to youre nutrition, and youre not losing weight already???

Comment

pretty much. i find it hard for some reason. i was originally 84kg but i've managed to drop down to 78 in a few months with lots of hard work. it's just i have a short timespan in which to lose the last few kg's and i've been on a plateu for a month or 2

Comment

are you an endomorph?
                Last edited by Gpr; June 24th, 2008, 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

more short stocky physique not fat, so not really endo.

Comment

"more short stocky physique not fat, so not really endo."
                    "I currently weigh 78kg so i need to cut down about 10kg in 1-2months."

okkkk.... so youre 10 kgs over ure ideal weight, but youre not fat???

Comment

i think ure an endomorph. Alot(not all) of endomorphic types benefit from reduced carb diets,Try manipulating or limiting youre carbohydrate intake

personal opinion. and best of luck

Comment

yehh i eat limited carbs mainly just 1 piece of wholemeal bread for breakfast and thats it. i MAY occasionaly have a chicken salad wrap but usually steer clear of high carb foods and breads

Comment

What does your cardio consist of? if its just going on the cross trainer or treadmill for an hour then it will not do anything except exercise your lungs, try fartlek training (its sweedish) or interval training!

If you can go to your local athletic track and do 100 meter sprints, then drop down to jogging, just above a fast walking pace, for about another 100 meters, do this for 800 meters (being a soccer (FOOTBALL) player) you should find this quite moderate, just reduce the jog distance to drive up the intensity!

Also, you need some carbs for you glycogen supply, otherwise you'll eat into your muscle as well as your fat!

and supplements are marketed towards fatties, unless your a pro stripping down to the bare muscle and bone, don't bother, otherwise everyoen and thier dog would be on thermo pills!

Comment

well i train 4 days+a game, cardio most mornings weather it be on a stationary bike or walk on treadmill with a few intense sessions of interval training on the treadmill with plyometrics in between sprints weather it be jump squats, berpees or pushups.

Comment

Shit, thats alot of cardio, and if you say your diet is in check, then you might have to face facts, its genetic, myself i find that i struggle to drop weight, i weigh 129kg's, at about 16% bodyfat, my ideal weight is meant to be 81 kg's, i won't be trying to get to anything like that though, if you look good then don't worry about what your 'ideal weight' should be, be warned though, supplements that promote fat loss are normally a con!

i can't run long distances and just do intense cardio, maybe 20 minutes a day,

Comment

Working...
                              X