About 100 grams
    19.05%
    100-150 grams
    19.05%
    150-200 grams
    18.85%
    AM, this poll sucked!
    6.94%

<60g of carb during the depletion week... re-feeds I eat mostly carb with protein and little fat... the day after is still high carb but at maintance calories... then a zone-type day at slightly below maintenance ending carb intake in the PM - then back into keto and depletion...
    Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

My carb intake varies from day to day................I do keep them very low though as a rule.
      Strictly Business

Comment

I prefer low carbs like 50 - 80 grams a day.
        MOVE ON!!!! - BlueDevil

Comment

Anssi,

Where does it state that "less than 60 grams" is classified as "a ketogenic diet?"

BTW, I voted the last option.

Comment

Originally posted by Grubrunner View Post
            Anssi,

Where does it state that "less than 60 grams" is classified as "a ketogenic diet?"

BTW, I voted the last option.
            Perhaps should read "less than 50 grams" or something..

Comment

Originally posted by Anssi Manninen View Post
              Perhaps should read "less than 50 grams" or something..
              I only asked because I heard that a true keto diet was less than 30 total grams of carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Grubrunner View Post
                I only asked because I heard that a true keto diet was less than 30 total grams of carbs.

I'd say 30 grams for sedentary people... as 30 grams really is a minimum for proper brain function. Athletes can raise the bar a bit higher than 30 grams... anyway, it's pretty hard to stay under 30 grams when eating to support a lot of LBM and fat loss...
                Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

i dont like to go too low, i keep it 150-200 until i absolutely have to bring them down..id rather increase cardio in short intense sessions..

Comment

The 30-50g a day carb thing is fine for 2-3 weeks but after that I have to eat 200+ a day or I will lose too much muscle mass.

Comment

When I'm knuckling down to a hard diet, It's always below 50g, with sundays off to carb-up works for me, monday evening I always feel crappy, but after that it just gets easier

Comment

Question for anyone: I've read in a past issue, to maximize fat loss, do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I definitely agree with that and have had much success, my question is now that I'm starting my free weight training, in order to maximize fat loss should I lift weights first thing in the morning on an empty stomach as well? If not when is the best time to lift. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by beastie boy View Post
                          Question for anyone: I've read in a past issue, to maximize fat loss, do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I definitely agree with that and have had much success, my question is now that I'm starting my free weight training, in order to maximize fat loss should I lift weights first thing in the morning on an empty stomach as well? If not when is the best time to lift. Thanks
                          No, lift after at least one meal. U need fuel to lift and the point of lifintg weights is not to burn fat but to add muscle.
                          5% off at Trueprotein.com: RNM120

Comment

Lo-Carb days currently 145 grams and twice per week re-feed days are now 295 grams. BTW, I am currently 5.2% BF. My calipers are putting out a reading of 3.6-3.8%, and I am rounding up 1.5% generously.

Comment

This poll sucks AM.. You probably do all your "research" via these polls.

Comment

Working...
                              X