Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbs and fat loss

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Carbs and fat loss

    Just another poll..
    504
    Less than 60 grams (a ketogenic diet)
    36.11%
    182
    About 100 grams
    19.05%
    96
    100-150 grams
    19.05%
    96
    150-200 grams
    18.85%
    95
    AM, this poll sucked!
    6.94%
    35

  • #2
    <60g of carb during the depletion week... re-feeds I eat mostly carb with protein and little fat... the day after is still high carb but at maintance calories... then a zone-type day at slightly below maintenance ending carb intake in the PM - then back into keto and depletion...
    Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

    Comment


    • #3
      My carb intake varies from day to day................I do keep them very low though as a rule.
      Strictly Business

      Comment


      • #4
        I prefer low carbs like 50 - 80 grams a day.
        MOVE ON!!!! - BlueDevil

        Comment


        • #5
          Anssi,

          Where does it state that "less than 60 grams" is classified as "a ketogenic diet?"

          BTW, I voted the last option.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Grubrunner View Post
            Anssi,

            Where does it state that "less than 60 grams" is classified as "a ketogenic diet?"

            BTW, I voted the last option.
            Perhaps should read "less than 50 grams" or something..

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Anssi Manninen View Post
              Perhaps should read "less than 50 grams" or something..
              I only asked because I heard that a true keto diet was less than 30 total grams of carbs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Grubrunner View Post
                I only asked because I heard that a true keto diet was less than 30 total grams of carbs.

                I'd say 30 grams for sedentary people... as 30 grams really is a minimum for proper brain function. Athletes can raise the bar a bit higher than 30 grams... anyway, it's pretty hard to stay under 30 grams when eating to support a lot of LBM and fat loss...
                Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

                Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i dont like to go too low, i keep it 150-200 until i absolutely have to bring them down..id rather increase cardio in short intense sessions..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The 30-50g a day carb thing is fine for 2-3 weeks but after that I have to eat 200+ a day or I will lose too much muscle mass.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      When I'm knuckling down to a hard diet, It's always below 50g, with sundays off to carb-up works for me, monday evening I always feel crappy, but after that it just gets easier

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Question for anyone: I've read in a past issue, to maximize fat loss, do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I definitely agree with that and have had much success, my question is now that I'm starting my free weight training, in order to maximize fat loss should I lift weights first thing in the morning on an empty stomach as well? If not when is the best time to lift. Thanks

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by beastie boy View Post
                          Question for anyone: I've read in a past issue, to maximize fat loss, do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I definitely agree with that and have had much success, my question is now that I'm starting my free weight training, in order to maximize fat loss should I lift weights first thing in the morning on an empty stomach as well? If not when is the best time to lift. Thanks
                          No, lift after at least one meal. U need fuel to lift and the point of lifintg weights is not to burn fat but to add muscle.
                          5% off at Trueprotein.com: RNM120

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Lo-Carb days currently 145 grams and twice per week re-feed days are now 295 grams. BTW, I am currently 5.2% BF. My calipers are putting out a reading of 3.6-3.8%, and I am rounding up 1.5% generously.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This poll sucks AM.. You probably do all your "research" via these polls.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X