Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

Blood pressure medicine LISINOPRIL almost killed me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood pressure medicine LISINOPRIL almost killed me...

I'm a bodybuilder and yes I use AAS. My endo. perscribed me LISINOPRIL for my high blood pressure. After being on for 2 years, it was reasponsible for increasing my insulin output to dangerous levels. No matter how much sugar or glucose I ate,my body would produce so much insulin it kept me in a hypogliecemia state much of the day. I could eat 50 to 70 grams of sugar and 30 min. later my blood sugar would be 50. I was hospitalized for low blood sugar and loss of conciousness. I stopped the medicine and things have gotten better but still not normal yet. I have never messed with insulin. This medicine has a small percent that can do this to you. It has sucked bad..

I had similiar situation with low blood sugar the last two years. But this year has been much better. I went to two different endos and had many tests run and found out nothing as to what was causing it. I would eat breakfast 20 min. later on my way to work I would feel weird check my glucose it would be 40-70 I would eat crackers it would go up and be ok for a little while but if I drink juice it will go up quick and get low again. I wasn't on any meds and this was before I started using steroids I was hospitalized 3 times because it got so low I was incoherent. To this day I don't know what made it get so bad. What I did that really helped was I began studying it on my own and I experimented with different foods to see what did what to my glucose and tryed to pay attention to how my body would feel. I am so used to it now that I rarely check my glucose unless I am unsure of what it is doing (maybe once every 3 weeks) . I was afraid to try AAS because I didn't know how it would react in my body but it actually had little effect if anything I think it actually helped. It is weird though I can be doing heavy lifting and work and be fine but if I am doing moderate work that is on the easier side it will sometimes drop on me (my glucose). I learned to carry glucose tabs, peanut butter crackers, and eat well balanced meals every 2-3 hours. I always carry food with me gatorade thoughout the day helped too. I know your situation may be due to you meds but I dealt with the same thing but I am not sure why. If you find out it was not the medicine I would be interested in staying in touch to see if you find out what is causing it because I know how terrible it can make you feel and since I dealt with it I have tryed to learn as much as I can about it. Keep us posted

Comment

Thanks bro.. Interesting. I eat regular small meals all day. One thing I have learned is I use to use glucose tabs to boost blood sugar but it takes me a minumum of 40 to 50 carbs to get me up and stay up. Your body will become less responsive to certain foods the more you use to boost sugar levels. Since I switched to peanut butter and orange juice the combo works really well. Hey did you notice it happening at the same time of day?? I usually go hypo at night between 7 pm and 11 pm... Also happens in my sleep??? Blood looks good what the hell is wrong with us??

Comment

I noticed that it would happen to me more in the mornings. Once I get moving and eat a couple of smaller meals I start to go back to normal. I peanut butter helps because the fats slow down the carb breakdown. Another thing that bothers me is protein. The doctor told me to eat protein in the morning which I always did anyway but it seems like protein alone lowers the glucose but if I eat some carbs with it I wont be as bad. Very strange. I never had it happen to me in my sleep that is scary. I was told that I might have pre diabetes which could cause the fluctuating insulin levels and glucose. They said sometimes before your pancrease shuts down it goes haywire. Luckily it has gotten easier for me recently.

Comment

It's getting better but still happening way to much. All my blood work showed no signs of pre diabetes. Did all fasting blood work and glucose tolerance test. Body is producing to much insulin on daily basis. Yes the night time ones are the worst Im just lucky I wake up. I make sure before I go to bed my blood sugar before bed is 120 to 90. That range usually I'm good to go.

Comment

My tests showed nothing as well I had lots of blood work. I even had a moniter that I had to wear under my skin to keep track of my levels all day. The doctors I went to acted like it was nothing but I was miserable it made me depressed I thought I was going to not be able to anything about it for the rest of my life. Stay positive and try to keep track of what works for you. I hope you get it under control. Being into bodybuilding helps because you already know a lot about nutrition.

Comment

thanks for the info! The Dr had me on this a couple years ago and at 20 mgs and I ended up just monitoring my BP on my own through foods and cardio because i didnt like the way it made me feel. Keep your head up!

Comment

I have reactive hypoglycemia. I don't think it is all bad because I can eat a meal post workout and 30-40 min later I will have to eat another because of low blood glucose I think it might be beneficial to building muscle. There is a site you might want to check out www.livestrong.com type in hypoglycemia in non diabetics it will give you a lot of information.

Comment

How do you buy medicine with such prices? For example, I cannot afford everything, I endure terrible pain
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Money is very difficult these days due to quarantine. So people are depressed. Treatment for someone can be expensive. But maybe I can help you. I found a site where I could get a Paxil coupon .go here on the site. It helped buy The cure for depression is much cheaper for me. The course of treatment went well, life improved and I no longer need antidepressants.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                    X