Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diet: Warrior's 14-Day CKD for Pre-Cycle Priming :.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RazorRipped View Post
    Yes they do bro.They add alot of enzymes,and also a mild laxative to ensure you have two bowel movements everyday.You'll loose 3-5 pounds of built up waste on your intestinal tract.
    The kits really cleanse your intestinal lining.Thats' what they are designed to do.After years and years,no matter how good your diet is,you'll get build up on your intestinal walls that will eventually limit nutrient uptake as well as limit the intestines of getting rid of toxic waste.
    Give it a try.You'll be pleased with the results.A little side note : It takes at least 2 weeks to cleanse your intestinal tract.So don't get one of those 7 day kits as they are useless.I use a 30 day colon cleanse kit.It's about 50 bucks,but worth it.Better than having Marcus shove a tube up my colon while he wears that sexy,black leather Nazi outfit.

~RR
    You don't need a ** do you?
    Myth's training blog:

Comment

Originally posted by Palumbo's Advocate View Post
      You don't need a ** do you?
      No,they are OTC.

Actually,Im use two different ones.

The 30 day cleanse pre-cycle : Dual Action Cleanse by Cellular Research formulas

14 day cleanse post cycle : Whole body cleanse www.wbcleanse.com

I feel it's very important to cleanse the colon lining at least twice yearly.People tend to over look the colon.They think thier diet is high in fiber,they are good to go.Not the case.You still get build up.
      Also people on cycle think about their liver kidneys ect.Their intestinal health is extremely important.Alot of things like rashes ect come from poor colon health.

~RR

Comment

Originally posted by RazorRipped View Post
        No,they are OTC.

Actually,Im use two different ones.

The 30 day cleanse pre-cycle : Dual Action Cleanse by Cellular Research formulas

14 day cleanse post cycle : Whole body cleanse www.wbcleanse.com

I feel it's very important to cleanse the colon lining at least twice yearly.People tend to over look the colon.They think thier diet is high in fiber,they are good to go.Not the case.You still get build up.
        Also people on cycle think about their liver kidneys ect.Their intestinal health is extremely important.Alot of things like rashes ect come from poor colon health.

~RR
        Thank you bro
        Myth's training blog:

Comment

What do you guys think of this cleanser? It contains the same ingredients as Dual Action but is half the price. It was recommended to me by Heckman over at IM to use for his famous "Heckman Flush." I've used it and shat about 3 or 4 times a day. I don't know if my intestinal lining was actually cleansed though. Your thoughts?

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/e...jsp?id=SD-1001
          Myth's training blog:

Comment

question about the CKD...

Warrior,
            Thanks for your post here. Regarding the CKD, on "low carb" days, do you count the carbohydrates coming from fibrous veggies as part of the total carbohydrate intake for the day? (i.e. if 1 cup of broccoli has 17g total carbs and 8g fiber, how many of those carbs is my body processing and utilizing, and are you counting those in the 30-50g/day?)

Comment

Originally posted by thedoc07 View Post
              Warrior,
              Thanks for your post here. Regarding the CKD, on "low carb" days, do you count the carbohydrates coming from fibrous veggies as part of the total carbohydrate intake for the day? (i.e. if 1 cup of broccoli has 17g total carbs and 8g fiber, how many of those carbs is my body processing and utilizing, and are you counting those in the 30-50g/day?)
              During low carb, you must deplete glycogen. You should see a drop in bodyweight everyday - indicating the loss of glycogen and water... and the burning of fat. This drop should be consistent through the rotations... but every week you should hit a new low... your progressive weight reductions should be about twp pounds less than the week before.

To properly deplete, you have to keep chippin' away at glycogen... through diet and training. In the diet, common mistakes are dairy and root veggies (carrots, potatos, beets, corn)... these food will interupt your depletion process... and worse, you could never enter ketosis and the carb load becomes quite effective at filling up fat stores. If properly depleted, incoming carbs go to replenish and you still burn fat even in the caloric surplus.

But to answer your question more directly... broccoli is deffinity a good, green, leafy veggie. It's best to learn to love broccoli! The fiber is nondigestable (the carb count does not deter depletion) and it will help maintain some regularity in your bowel movements. You can easily get constipated after a rotation or two - though the carb loads will flush you out, especially if your carb choices are high in fiber (careful!).

A meal for me during a depletion week contains, meats, eggs, broccoli, onions, green perppers, some tomatos... salads contain lemon and olive oil... it's pretty restricted, but the sooner you get past any emotional reason to eat the better, IMO... food is fuel for a purpose. I also eat plenty of mixed nuts, like almonds, cashews, walnuts - high-fat nuts are ketogenic but be careful, they are very dense in calories. Use them to simply fill in caloric gaps... if you are not dropping weight at the same rate you normally do during a rotation, cut back on the nut servings sizes... they are easy to overeat since they are salty and allow some satiety - unfortunately, you do need to be somewhat hungry to be losing fat.
              Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

Warrior, on the tension workout: Do you perform the assigned # reps and hold static tension for time on the last rep? Also, I often workout in am, what would the carb loading protocol be?

Comment

Originally posted by axioma View Post
                  Warrior, on the tension workout: Do you perform the assigned # reps and hold static tension for time on the last rep?
                  Yeah, a predetermined amount of reps; which I selected each with a purpose in mind - some muscle groups need a little more time under tension than others. Remember, this is all continuous tension, no puss - I mean - locking out between reps. Also, keep moving and track how long it takes you to move through each workout - if you finish in 45 minutes, then staying with the same loads means you better finish within 45 minutes next time you do it. When you can easily perform the rep range, go ahead and another 5 percent ot the load... gaining strength is possible, especially if you are not used to this type of training. Increasing the loads and finishing 2 minutes faster is a good sign CJust be mindful of proper form through each movement.

The only static holds are for some abdominal and calve training.

Tension Training
                  This routine divides the body’s muscle systems into two workouts. To monitor changes in limit strength, continue to use the same movements for the duration of the program. The static training should track the amount of time the muscle can hold the load in the fully contracted position.
                  Upper Body
                  (2X10) Barbell Bench Press
                  (2X12) Wide Grip Pull Ups
                  (2X12) Hammer Strength Incline Press
                  (2X12) Hammer Strength Close-Grip Rows
                  (2X15) Machine High-Pulley Crossovers
                  (2X15) Incline Dumbbell Shrugs
                  Rest Interval: Variable

Lower Body
                  (1X10,1X20) Leg Press
                  (2X15) Hammer Strength Leg Extension
                  (2X15) Machine Standing Iso-Lateral Leg Curls

(T sec) Static Hammer Calve Raise
                  (T sec) Static Straight-Leg Raises

Rest Interval: Variable

I often workout in am, what would the carb loading protocol be?
                  If it is at all possible - since you will be a fat burning powerhouse after completing a depletion phase - do cardio-only in the morning and then the full-body depletion workout in the evening. This is the ideal method, since you'll be taking advantage of a prime opportunity to burn fat.

If that is not feasible, then hit about about 30 grams of carb as soon as you wake up (to briefly exist ketosis - to push your body into scraping every bit of glycogen) - then head to the gym and perform cardio and the full-body depletion routine... immediately after, introduce the carbs. From a depleted state, you are pretty safe for the first 24 hours. So the carb meal day should be fine... just keep it somewhat light. The second week, initiate the full carb load but start to taper it off toward the evening of the second day. Get what I am saying?

That 30 grams of carb right before the full-body depletion workout is important - it can actually make you feel hypo... you get cold and shaky during the workout when you do it... even nauseated! Gotta love this shit! Don't worry though, the nauseated feeling gets easier after you do this a few times.

Comment

Thanks, I will try to suck it up and train pm. As I run a gym I have to worry about getting ornery in the evening (I work 5:30am to 8:30pm) when some knucklehead thinks I am his cabana boy by asking when I am in the middle of a depletion routine, "hey, you're outta towels, where they at?" I finish the set, bite my tongue until it bleeds to keep from saying, "behind the "at" you simple mother......" smile and drive on! Off to the cardio! I will post photos this weekend!

Comment

Thanks, I will try to suck it up and train pm. As I run a gym I have to worry about getting ornery in the evening (I work 5:30am to 8:30pm) when some knucklehead thinks I am his cabana boy by asking when I am in the middle of a depletion routine, "hey, you're outta towels, where they at?" I finish the set, bite my tongue until it bleeds to keep from saying, "behind the "at" you simple mother......" smile and drive on! Off to the cardio! I will post photos this weekend!
                      Yeah, it's better if you do. Get your cardio in the morning - go for as long as you can (key fat loss opportunity) - then stay low carb all day and continuing to burn fats. Then hit the full-body depletion workout later in the day and start the carb meal/load immediately afterward. This the ideal way to do this...

I know what you mean by evening workouts. The gym I use gets crowded in the PM and it's easy to bump heads with some schmuck somewhere - even though you are running through every major muscle with only two sets, you are watching the clock on the wall... "No, you cannot work in - I am in a hurry!" , "No, I cannot spot you - I have ten minutes left to finish" Luckily, I have noticed... the look you get on your face when you are totally depleted, sweating, and on the verge of puking - smart people tend to back off and show their respect

Try and find your gym's sweet spot during the evenings you do these full-body depletion routines... a time period where there is as little conjestion as possible.

Comment

This was the first day I actually felt I did the workout exactly as intended and it rocked. I did 40 minutes efx on glute, level 10. I just got Dave's goodies in and did a Carbolyze/Isolyze pre-post workout, did the tension upper routine...very NICE! I may look like an Ethiopian, but I felt like a FUCKIN' PRO baby!

Comment

This was the first day I actually felt I did the workout exactly as intended and it rocked. I did 40 minutes efx on glute, level 10. I just got Dave's goodies in and did a Carbolyze/Isolyze pre-post workout, did the tension upper routine...very NICE! I may look like an Ethiopian, but I felt like a FUCKIN' PRO baby!
                          You're not taking the Carbolyze/Isolyze during the depletion week, are you? You should be maintaining ketosis during that time. After the first week's carb meal, ketosis should resume within 36 hours of returning to low carb/depletion training. After the carb load the second week, about 48 hours or so. The most carbs I have gotten away during the depletion phases is a half a banana added to my glutamine/whey mix post workout... and still pissed ketosis a few hours later.

The 30-grams-of-carb-preworkout trick really should only be used right before a full-body depletion routine, to set the stage for the subsequent incoming surge of carbohydrates after the workouts. But shit, trying it before other workouts while depleting might help you further deflate... just make sure you are able to return to a ketogenic state within a few hours... I am totaly open to any changes you might want to make in this routine... just give it a shot at how I outlined it first.

I know what you mean about feeling emaciated... don't let it concern you too much. Stay focused on meeting or exceeding what you performed dring the same training day in the next phase - your biggest concern should be your training record/log. Now that you are almost finished with one two-week cycle, you have numbers to build from. Again, next rotation - lift more, do more reps or complete the same work in less time. This will help assure you that your muscle is not being wasted while you carve off the fat.

It's easy to drop a lot of weight during the depletion phases... but you will rebound when you carb load. In fact, you'll fill out real nice and be totally preparded for the power routine with a supercompensated level of intramuscular glycogen (glycogen will supercompensate when loaded from a depleted state). You should feel ready to move a house. Out of every workout, the power workout is the best day to track changes in strength.

I think the best day to judge a weight change is the day after the power training day. Step on the scale and you should be 2-4 pounds lighter than 14 days prior - with no change in strength (or an increase), thats 2-4 pounds of fat coming off. If you do not net at that pace, the energy defecit during the depletion phase is not enough. If you exceed this pace - again, just be sure you are staying strong during the power routines. You will find that as you get ligter - you'll need to eat less to keep up the tempo... eat less and/or increase cardio training. Usually I am able to progressively build on cardio while cutting back on how many nuts (almonds, cashews, pistacios) I eat...

Don't forget the pics - you'll want to have some before pics, trust me. You're likely to get into some really good shape sticking to this outline.

Comment

Gotcha, on everything...Q: What kind of load on static holds? 10 rep weight? Describe static straight leg raise. Many thanks. I'm gonna go puke now.

Comment

Gotcha, on everything...Q: What kind of load on static holds? 10 rep weight? Describe static straight leg raise. Many thanks. I'm gonna go puke now.
                              Static holds are typically at least your 1RM - you'll have to play with this a little to hit your target hold time for each exercise... performance can very greatly between two people. When choosing a load, remeber that static failure is more absolute than concentric... that's why you should be able to hold at least your 1RM; you might not be able to push out reps, but you can still hold it in place until static failure is subsequently reached. Eccentric failure is absolute, when you can no longer keep the load from falling. More on this: Understand muscle contractions

The isometric (or static contraction) leg raises apply a constant tension to the abdominals - if you don't normally hurt after an abdominal workout, this is likely to reintroduce some pain to these muscles. These can be quite tricky for some people to execute... especially with a detrained abdominal wall. If possiible, keep your legs straight to add to the resistance. If you cannot do at least a 15-second hold in the contracted position (legs up) with straight legs, then you can build up to this with bent knees.

If you don't have a dedicated equipment for leg raises, you could grab onto a pull up bar or use it with some belts to suspend your upper arms...

Here are some variations:

Comment

Thanks, that is what I thought it was, I was able to pull out 25 seconds, hanging w/legs straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X