Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diet: Warrior's 14-Day CKD for Pre-Cycle Priming :.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warrior, just finished second Gly Dep workout, supposed to carb load tomorrow, pant, pant...wondering...pant...do I start the load tonight, after my postwkot shake, or wait till morning? Eat every couple of hours? Pizza????

Comment

Originally posted by axioma View Post
      Warrior, just finished second Gly Dep workout, supposed to carb load tomorrow, pant, pant...wondering...pant...do I start the load tonight, after my postwkot shake, or wait till morning? Eat every couple of hours? Pizza????
      At the end of the two-week interval, start it immediately after that depletion workout - your whole body will be sensitized for the incoming glycogen availability. Your post workout can finally contain carbs - and it should - a couple scoops of dextrose and creatine will get absorbed like a dry sponge. Start that night and carry it into the next day - for a carb load of about 36 hours.

The first 12 to 24 hours of that carb load (starting right after the full-body depletion workout) is your window for a cheat meal - anything you have been craving during the last two weeks that is high in fat and sugar, that's the time to full fill those urges. The body is much more interested in refilling glycogen than it is storing fat... but this luxury starts to fade as you fill out - so eat the Pop Tarts and cake early After 12-24 hours, once you start to compensate, you must lower your fat intake while you continue to slam carb-rich foods.

Honestly, I get so sick of food that I start want to go back to low carb. For me, the day after the power workout, I feel the best...

Then on the next day, when you do the power workout, your just trying to tap it all off... so still a high-carb macro ratio. By then you should be filled out and hit a peak compensation body weight. The next day, back to cardio and no more carbs into the PM.

You are almost done with one two-week rotation! The next one you should be more prepared for the structure and have training numbers to build upon. Remember, your strength should not do down between corresponding days - especially the power training days.

Enjoy the drunk carb loaded feeling!
      Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

You are right...I am fucking sick of eating and I felt like a slug all day. I am primed though, for the power workout today. I am 199.8lbs, 12%bf, and have gained two pounds of LM in two weeks! I am much better prepared for what is coming. I wish I was big enough to get the Angry Bull moniker, cuz that is what I feel like right now. Oh well, I will continue to toil under the yoke of mortality!

Comment

You are right...I am fucking sick of eating and I felt like a slug all day. I am primed though, for the power workout today. I am 199.8lbs, 12%bf, and have gained two pounds of LM in two weeks! I am much better prepared for what is coming. I wish I was big enough to get the Angry Bull moniker, cuz that is what I feel like right now. Oh well, I will continue to toil under the yoke of mortality!
          What you did was deflate yourself enough to effectively rebound and overcompensate your glycogen levels - your filling up more than ever. Kill them weights tomorrow - move some heavy-ass squats, deads and bench presses - exploit that condition... 'cause after tomorrow, back to depleting

Comment

Warrior, do you have recommendation on c/f/p per lb? How would you set your cals for the prime? Also, would WM post be acceptable?

Great read might i add! its really got me thinking in regards to your priming idea

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked!!! View Post
              Warrior, do you have recommendation on c/f/p per lb? How would you set your cals for the prime? Also, would WM post be acceptable?

Great read might i add! its really got me thinking in regards to your priming idea
              Are you referring to this diet in particular? The one I present in this thread? If so, I broke all that down in the original post... you cycle your macro-nutrient content through a series of 14-day cycles. When glycogen depleting, you need to restrict carbs - you should hit ketosis, which you can test for using Ketostix. Taking waxy maize post workout will interrupt this process and negate the effects of this program. If you never fully deplete yourself, it's likely the carb loads will just make you fat.

How much you can eat while depleting will depend on your metabolism and activity levels (particularly how much cardio you do). You can figure out how much muscle glycogen you can potentially store by guesstimating your lean body mass... the muscles are capable of storing nine to 16 grams of glycogen per kilogram but an average person consuming a mixed diet will generally store below this in the region of 350 grams. At four grams of water per gram of glycogen, this equates to roughly 1,400 grams of water stored within a typical person’s muscles. After properly depleting glycogen, you set the stage for glycogen supercompensation at that upper limit - 16 grams of glycogen per kilogram of lean body mass. A muscular bodybuilder holding 80 kilograms of lean body mass, capable of maximizing super compensation levels of 16 grams per kilogram, can hold 1,280 grams of glycogen. Cellular hydration would increase this to 5,120 grams. After the carb load, total body weight can increase 6,400 grams after reaching the super-compensated state - or 14 pounds - within a couple days!

It can be challenging to find an easy method to gauge body fat loss with all the weight fluctuations. One way is to monitor body weight changes during the same stage, wearing the same clothes, under the same condition; such as monitoring morning bodyweight changes at the end of depletion phases in gym clothes. A 250-pound bodybuilder may shed 14 pounds during a depletion phase and then regain 12 pounds during the carb load - resulting in a two-pound loss.

One to two pounds per week is an acceptable rate to optimally burn fat while maintaining muscle. This may sound slow but the overall picture is most important. This tempo would result in carving off between 12 to 24 pounds of fat during the span of 12 weeks. Most bodybuilders would be very pleased to have up to 24 pounds of excess fat carved off while maintaining their hard-earned muscle!

Comment

Having trouble posting photos. I tried the imageshack, however that just posted a link. How do you post a photo in a reply or thread?

Comment

Having trouble posting photos. I tried the imageshack, however that just posted a link. How do you post a photo in a reply or thread?
                  You can't use the quick reply box... you have to click to reply (Go Advanced). Then, under the text box that you type in, there is a table called Additional Options... look for the Manage Attachments button - then click it. Select the files on your computer and then upload them. You don't need an image hosting account on another Web site... just upload them to this site. You can upload up to eight jpegs per post.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                    You can't use the quick reply box... you have to click to reply (Go Advanced). Then, under the text box that you type in, there is a table called Additional Options... look for the Manage Attachments button - then click it. Select the files on your computer and then upload them. You don't need an image hosting account on another Web site... just upload them to this site. You can upload up to eight jpegs per post.
                    I shot you an inquiry on test/deca thread. RR seems to think I should stick with 14CKD all the way to contest. Should I focus on some key areas, ie, shaping, peaking?

Comment

I shot you an inquiry on test/deca thread. RR seems to think I should stick with 14CKD all the way to contest. Should I focus on some key areas, ie, shaping, peaking?
                      No bro, what I said was what every single competitor from high level to pro would tell you. And that is never switch up training during contest prep. What exercises/weigh built the muscle, will retain the muscle. Possibly switching things up to get cut at 8% BF would be ok, but not when dieting to get into contest condition. It's a VERY different ball game.

~RR

Comment

Originally posted by RazorRipped View Post
                        No bro, what I said was what every single competitor from high level to pro would tell you. And that is never switch up training during contest prep. What exercises/weigh built the muscle, will retain the muscle. Possibly switching things up to get cut at 8% BF would be ok, but not when dieting to get into contest condition. It's a VERY different ball game.

~RR
                        Okay, I am carb depleted so I am a little stupid right now...stick w/the same exercises and rep ranges, I grow best in the 10-12 rep range, w/ occassional CYCLES of 4-6-8. As I am supplementing w/test & deca: 300/300, I am feeling recovered, so should I increase frequency? Double split, whole body in 2 days, then a rest/cardio day, repeat? The 14 CKD allows a broad range of reps, as I have actually gained 2 lbs muscle in the last 6 weeks. I'm not trying to be obtuse. Thanks.

Comment

Okay, I am carb depleted so I am a little stupid right now...stick w/the same exercises and rep ranges, I grow best in the 10-12 rep range, w/ occassional CYCLES of 4-6-8. As I am supplementing w/test & deca: 300/300, I am feeling recovered, so should I increase frequency? Double split, whole body in 2 days, then a rest/cardio day, repeat? The 14 CKD allows a broad range of reps, as I have actually gained 2 lbs muscle in the last 6 weeks. I'm not trying to be obtuse. Thanks.
                          Man, you went into this contest prep with no plan at all. Only thing you had your heart set on as doing drugs. You are making every newbie mistake imaginable. From diet to training.
                          Let me give you a little hint here. Carb cycling is done as the person gets very close to contest when their real diet has failed. No one cycles carbs 10-12 weeks out. Carb cycling is an advanced technique used as a final resort. Early on you should be eating slightly above maintenance letting cardio/training take the fat off. After several caloric reductions, THEN carb cycling comes into play around 5-6 weeks out.

You are 10% BF 8 weeks out. You are way behind. You should be ready to rock the house two weeks out, just doing some fine tuning in preparation for the final week of carb manipulation/ water manipulation. The last week will make or break you bro. You best know what you're doing. No guessing is allowed.

You should have experimented with all this before you decided to do a show. You don't "wing it" and experiement during contest prep. That's a train wreck waiting to happen, and it will.

Good luck

~RR

Comment

Sorry dude, I have been dealing with a few issues lately and didn't get to answer this yesterday.

As a disclaimer, this diet wasn't meant to peak anyone for a contest - but rather a way to help people lose fat and retain muscle while preparing for an AAS cycle - to cycle prime.. I hate repeating the, "you need to lose some fat first" mantra without providing some kinda guidance or solution... this 14-day model was to provide some.

I am not saying that this diet cannot get you into contest condition - but IMO, this is something you should play with prior to going live. The beauty of carb cycling like this: you get to really understand how training, diet, glycogen, water and all the little things affect your appearance. Your constantly practicing carb loading and depleting... the only thing you really can't play with is carb loading dry - since performance is the prime directive during the diet, carbing up dry can cause some serious cramping and impede power output. Exhibition only supersedes performance during a bodybuilding competition... so at that point, you have to know how much carb and water to introduce in order to peak - and not only how much, but how much and at what times.

I don't see any major reason to change the movements - this program already has a lot of variety - mixing power training, tension workouts, and giant sets - the variety is there; no need to complicate it further unless you feel you need a switch for the mental benefit of it.

Also, I am not so sure you should make big changes right before your peak day... you should know what to expect... so any changes you make should have been rehearsed before - in order to do great at your contest. However, some people compete for the practice of it in itself... they don't expect to do really well, just to keep getting better at it.

Comment

Originally posted by RazorRipped View Post
                              Man, you went into this contest prep with no plan at all. Only thing you had your heart set on as doing drugs. You are making every newbie mistake imaginable. From diet to training.
                              Let me give you a little hint here. Carb cycling is done as the person gets very close to contest when their real diet has failed. No one cycles carbs 10-12 weeks out. Carb cycling is an advanced technique used as a final resort. Early on you should be eating slightly above maintenance letting cardio/training take the fat off. After several caloric reductions, THEN carb cycling comes into play around 5-6 weeks out.

You are 10% BF 8 weeks out. You are way behind. You should be ready to rock the house two weeks out, just doing some fine tuning in preparation for the final week of carb manipulation/ water manipulation. The last week will make or break you bro. You best know what you're doing. No guessing is allowed.

You should have experimented with all this before you decided to do a show. You don't "wing it" and experiement during contest prep. That's a train wreck waiting to happen, and it will.

Good luck

~RR
                              First of all, thanks for the concern. Second, having my heart set on doing drugs is a pretty big assumption for a stranger to make. At forty-three w/test below 200, drugs have made a huge difference in the way a feel. I run a gym 16 hrs a day and try to spend quality time with my family. After four weeks of HRT I feel human again. Third, I really should have not jumped threads, as I have been working w/Warrior with great results. I was just interested in a general way, your pre-contest protocol. Now I know. I am doing this show for fun. On May 24th, I will look great. Maybe not the winner, probably will be around 7-8%. I am not planning to kill myself this show, as I want to compete late in August as well. I plan to be at 6% for that show. I do have a plan. I have detailed logs for the last 10 years, whether relating to triathlon training, powerlifting or bodybuilding. Warriors 14 CKD has given me a lab to really look at the impact of carbs on strength and conditioning. I have done three cycles and this week I am focusing completely different moves, hitting one bodypart a day and doing cardio twice daily. I usually do four exercises for major bodypart, I did back yesterday: wide grip chins 3x10, one-arm dumbell rows 3x10, wide-grip pulldowns behind neck 3x20, seated cable rows, narrow palm-up grip 3x20, deadlifts 3x6. I am sore as shit, feels great. I will do this this week and back on the Warrior plan. It's all good. RR, I wonder why, with your very own Q&A, you monitor Warriors thread and jump in? Isn't that what you don't like people doing on yours? I appreciate your concern for this Ethiopian trainwreck, however I will represent just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                                Sorry dude, I have been dealing with a few issues lately and didn't get to answer this yesterday.

As a disclaimer, this diet wasn't meant to peak anyone for a contest - but rather a way to help people lose fat and retain muscle while preparing for an AAS cycle - to cycle prime.. I hate repeating the, "you need to lose some fat first" mantra without providing some kinda guidance or solution... this 14-day model was to provide some.

I am not saying that this diet cannot get you into contest condition - but IMO, this is something you should play with prior to going live. The beauty of carb cycling like this: you get to really understand how training, diet, glycogen, water and all the little things affect your appearance. Your constantly practicing carb loading and depleting... the only thing you really can't play with is carb loading dry - since performance is the prime directive during the diet, carbing up dry can cause some serious cramping and impede power output. Exhibition only supersedes performance during a bodybuilding competition... so at that point, you have to know how much carb and water to introduce in order to peak - and not only how much, but how much and at what times.

I don't see any major reason to change the movements - this program already has a lot of variety - mixing power training, tension workouts, and giant sets - the variety is there; no need to complicate it further unless you feel you need a switch for the mental benefit of it.

Also, I am not so sure you should make big changes right before your peak day... you should know what to expect... so any changes you make should have been rehearsed before - in order to do great at your contest. However, some people compete for the practice of it in itself... they don't expect to do really well, just to keep getting better at it.
                                Thanks, you are right. I am doing a straight sets, single bodypart workout this week, regaining focus and hitting cardio more intently, not intensely. The bottom line is this: I need to focus on my plan, it is not that I don't have one as RR suggests, it just that when you are a one man show, something has to give. So the solution is start telling some needy people to fuck off and get the cardio done. My question come more from last minute jitters than from not knowing what I need to do. Hey, talk is cheap, so I will set myself up for a humilating "told you so" if I look like an Ethiopian pussy at the Palmetto Cup. Warrior, I appreciate your time and input, as I do RR's, however too many chefs in the kitchen is a disaster.

Comment

Working...
                                X