Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diet: Warrior's 14-Day CKD for Pre-Cycle Priming :.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by axioma View Post
    RR, I wonder why, with your very own Q&A, you monitor Warriors thread and jump in? Isn't that what you don't like people doing on yours? I appreciate your concern for this Ethiopian trainwreck, however I will represent just fine.
    Did realize this was a Q & A thread, otherwise I'd stay out,as I do all others.

Not monitoring any threads at all. You asked me questions, and before I posted a reply, I wanted to see what you said here. I'm glad I did too. My time is too valuable to be typing for no reason at all.

Good luck, and you know not to ask me anything else in the future, right? I tried to be cool with you with in my thread. Answering your questions, deleting your spam.All to be given an attitude when I was just giving you a dose a reality in a friendly,but straight forward manor?

~RR

Comment

Originally posted by RazorRipped View Post
      Did realize this was a Q & A thread, otherwise I'd stay out,as I do all others.

Not monitoring any threads at all. You asked me questions, and before I posted a reply, I wanted to see what you said here. I'm glad I did too. My time is too valuable to be typing for no reason at all.

Good luck, and you know not to ask me anything else in the future, right? I tried to be cool with you with in my thread. Answering your questions, deleting your spam.All to be given an attitude when I was just giving you a dose a reality in a friendly,but straight forward manor?

~RR
      1. I guess the difference between you and Warrior based on a Q&A basis is the fact that Warrior will answer w/out the flippancy or making assumption about what a person wants out of something. Take the fact that you have your own thread and a person thinks enough of your knowledge to ask and just answer the question w/out the hyperbole.
      2. Your assertion that you lift the weight that got you where you are, don't change! is really a little ridiculous. Example: Most people do not do cable laterals, incline cable flyes, sissy squats throughout much of the year as they are not mass builders and do not lend themselves consistent progressive weight increases. They are, however, excellent pre-contest exercises as they help refine particular areas. I agree that one should never drop all basic movement, or drop weight completely, however I don't see guys doing the same weight on a squat 8 weeks out that they did eight month out. Pushing heavy weight is relative. If you just glance through a MD you will see adjustments: off-season, pre-contest in terms of movement choices and set range: Maybe three sets off season and 4 sets pre-contest. THIS is what I was asking you in the first place, do you advocate any changes heading into a contest. Instead you decide to bestow the gift of the lifting GODS as a smartass.
      3. I respect your knowledge, as do hundreds who monitor your thread. I will respect your request and not ask your opinion in the future. Best of everything.

Comment

Feeling Great

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
        Sorry dude, I have been dealing with a few issues lately and didn't get to answer this yesterday.

As a disclaimer, this diet wasn't meant to peak anyone for a contest - but rather a way to help people lose fat and retain muscle while preparing for an AAS cycle - to cycle prime.. I hate repeating the, "you need to lose some fat first" mantra without providing some kinda guidance or solution... this 14-day model was to provide some.

I am not saying that this diet cannot get you into contest condition - but IMO, this is something you should play with prior to going live. The beauty of carb cycling like this: you get to really understand how training, diet, glycogen, water and all the little things affect your appearance. Your constantly practicing carb loading and depleting... the only thing you really can't play with is carb loading dry - since performance is the prime directive during the diet, carbing up dry can cause some serious cramping and impede power output. Exhibition only supersedes performance during a bodybuilding competition... so at that point, you have to know how much carb and water to introduce in order to peak - and not only how much, but how much and at what times.

I don't see any major reason to change the movements - this program already has a lot of variety - mixing power training, tension workouts, and giant sets - the variety is there; no need to complicate it further unless you feel you need a switch for the mental benefit of it.

Also, I am not so sure you should make big changes right before your peak day... you should know what to expect... so any changes you make should have been rehearsed before - in order to do great at your contest. However, some people compete for the practice of it in itself... they don't expect to do really well, just to keep getting better at it.
        Warrior, I am going to ride the 14 day up to contest. Within the context of this workout, what would be a day/way to emphasize some weak point stimulation? Hams/Glutes, particularly seperation between v.l.and hams and upper traps. Got checked, tear of the biceps brachii tendon. I doing most back movements with reverse grip, very frustrating. Thanks.

Comment

Warrior, I am going to ride the 14 day up to contest. Within the context of this workout, what would be a day/way to emphasize some weak point stimulation? Hams/Glutes, particularly seperation between v.l.and hams and upper traps. Got checked, tear of the biceps brachii tendon. I doing most back movements with reverse grip, very frustrating. Thanks.
          Well - good luck, it's an honor to see this program taking someone to the stage. I would use the second week's tension training as a variable for weak point training... mix up those exercises a little to really focus on keeping a constant tension and focus on those areas. The tension training week can also be a time to focus on flexing while exercising the muscles. For instance, if you use cable flyes, don't just perform the movement - do it as if you are posing against the resistance.

You could play with some of the movements during the first week - but I would rather leave them as they are and just really focus on proper execution. I picked those movements and sequence with a lot of method in mind... for instance, the hamstring workout has you giant setting curls with stiff-leg deads and then back extensions. This has you working the hamstring with a heavy and explosive-type movement first, using low reps (leg curls)... then hitting it with a heavy resistance in a full-range position (stiff-leg deads), using a few more reps... then polishing it off by getting a nice full stretch of the agonist muscles, supportive muscles and the surrounding fascia (back extensions), with more time under tension.

Play with the second week - organize that to focus on your weak points as well as practice posing. Mentally, you are more there during the second week as well... the first week can be quite brutal as you first restrict and deplete your body of glycogen.

I have been away so I didn't read until today. Many, many thanks. I just went under 8%bf and I have gained two lbs muscle in three weeks on 14CKD. I have changed exercised to 1. accomodate injury 2. emphasize weak areas/peaking. I am doing the P90X program for my cardio/abs.
          Pre: 50 grams Isolyze, 30 grams Carbolyze, Ecdybolic Stack (ecdysterone, methoxyisoflavones, bcaa's).
          Gly Dep Routine:
          Squats: 255 x 15
          Leg Curls: 130 x 10
          Leg Ext: 160 x 15
          Seated Calf: 100 x 20
          Incline Bench: 225 x 12
          Reverse grip Bar Row: 205 x 12 (I'm gonna puke!) <- perfect!
          Machine shoulder press: 180 x 12
          Wide-grip reverse grip pulldowns: 180 x 15
          Incline tri ext: 115 x 10 e-z bar
          E-Z bar curls (close grip): 100 x 10
          Hypers: x 20 hands behind head (no, really, I am gonna puke!)
          Rope crunch: 160 x 20
          Rest: 10 seconds between exercises 5 minutes between 1-2 circuit (The rest between circuits is to allow my wife to complete her circuit.)
          Post: 50 grams Isolyze, 35 grams Carbolyze, 30 grams AfterGlow (contains BCAA, KreAlkalyn, Glut, etc.) I felt completely recovered in an hour!
          Warrior, I truly hope to be a great advert for your training regimen and advice in June 14th. I would like to post a log, giving you your due of course, however I will wait until after the contest, then I will have either put up or I will shut up. Thanks again!
          That's awesome - it's not unreasonable to gain lean weight with this training since it's working your body in such a holistic fasion. Your exercise selection and order looks good...

Before the full-body glycogen depletion routine, the routine right before initiating another carb up - reintroduce only about 30-50 grams of carbs about an hour before training. Take in just enough to switch you out of ketosis and promote some last-minute scavenging for glycogen. By the end of the workout, or during it, you should feel nauseated, shaky and perhaps even get the cold sweats... this is normal and suggestive that you did in fact completely deplete yourself for the carb up.

A trick: don't stop, keep moving. You probably already noticed this but if you start to drag ass, the feeling like your going to puke only gets worse - get through the routine and then let it hit you. It seems that as long as you keep your adrenelin pumpin' you'll keep your stomach contents where they belong

BTW - I just started this again. I am on my first rotation moving into my second week - I love this shit! I am using an ECA stack this time (I haven't used ephedrine in a long time!) and it has helped a lot with hunger during depletion.
          Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

How are you finding the ECA stack this time around? any benefits/sides?
            marcus

Comment

Originally posted by marcus300 View Post
              How are you finding the ECA stack this time around? any benefits/sides?
              It's deffinitly helping to keep appetite down. It's enough to be glycogen depleted but to also be constantly feeling the hunger pangs just sucks... so it's helpful there... the effect seems to carry on into the evening when my last dose is taken at about 1400-1500 ish...

I do notice that I dry out quicker while training... I have to keep pounding water. Obviously it's hard to retain water without carbs but the ephedrine intensifies this...

By the way, I am taking Zenalean, it's a knock off of the ol' Xenedrine (the one with ephedrine; before the bans).

Comment

It's deffinitly helping to keep appetite down. It's enough to be glycogen depleted but to also be constantly feeling the hunger pangs just sucks... so it's helpful there... the effect seems to carry on into the evening when my last dose is taken at about 1400-1500 ish...

I do notice that I dry out quicker while training... I have to keep pounding water. Obviously it's hard to retain water without carbs but the ephedrine intensifies this...

By the way, I am taking Zenalean, it's a knock off of the ol' Xenedrine (the one with ephedrine; before the bans).
                No spamming intended here, just sharing info: I have been using Lipolyze/Somalyze stack and add TricutsIII (bump the guggles, + 7keto) for the kick. I know DP doesn't advocate stims, however I HAVE to have an espresso and a stim occassionally! The almond butter has really helped with the cravings, however I am still a MFer around workout time. No offense if you bump post.

Comment

Well - good luck, it's an honor to see this program taking someone to the stage. I would use the second week's tension training as a variable for weak point training... mix up those exercises a little to really focus on keeping a constant tension and focus on those areas. The tension training week can also be a time to focus on flexing while exercising the muscles. For instance, if you use cable flyes, don't just perform the movement - do it as if you are posing against the resistance.

You could play with some of the movements during the first week - but I would rather leave them as they are and just really focus on proper execution. I picked those movements and sequence with a lot of method in mind... for instance, the hamstring workout has you giant setting curls with stiff-leg deads and then back extensions. This has you working the hamstring with a heavy and explosive-type movement first, using low reps (leg curls)... then hitting it with a heavy resistance in a full-range position (stiff-leg deads), using a few more reps... then polishing it off by getting a nice full stretch of the agonist muscles, supportive muscles and the surrounding fascia (back extensions), with more time under tension.

Play with the second week - organize that to focus on your weak points as well as practice posing. Mentally, you are more there during the second week as well... the first week can be quite brutal as you first restrict and deplete your body of glycogen.

That's awesome - it's not unreasonable to gain lean weight with this training since it's working your body in such a holistic fasion. Your exercise selection and order looks good...

Before the full-body glycogen depletion routine, the routine right before initiating another carb up - reintroduce only about 30-50 grams of carbs about an hour before training. Take in just enough to switch you out of ketosis and promote some last-minute scavenging for glycogen. By the end of the workout, or during it, you should feel nauseated, shaky and perhaps even get the cold sweats...Oh, yes,I am doing as you directed...my wife looks worried and I am laying on the floor gasping and giggling uncontrollably.. . this is normal and suggestive that you did in fact completely deplete yourself for the carb up.

A trick: don't stop, keep moving. You probably already noticed this but if you start to drag ass, the feeling like your going to puke only gets worse - get through the routine and then let it hit you. It seems that as long as you keep your adrenelin pumpin' you'll keep your stomach contents where they belong

BTW - I just started this again. I am on my first rotation moving into my second week - I love this shit! I am using an ECA stack this time (I haven't used ephedrine in a long time!) and it has helped a lot with hunger during depletion.
                  Many thanks.

Comment

No spamming intended here, just sharing info: I have been using Lipolyze/Somalyze stack and add TricutsIII (bump the guggles, + 7keto) for the kick. I know DP doesn't advocate stims, however I HAVE to have an espresso and a stim occassionally! The almond butter has really helped with the cravings, however I am still a MFer around workout time. No offense if you bump post.
                    I need them stims. For one, I can do a helluva lot more cardio with them - which means more fats get released and burned up. Without 'em, I am more prone to dragging ass and being far less productive... even a glass of tea (no sweetener!) while your depleted does wonders. I usually have a few of those Crystal Light and Lipton packets lying around - one is for something other than water, the other is to get my ass moving Although, I do not use any stimulants on the carb load day... I don't want anything to interfere with hitting full glycogen super compensation with adequate hydration within that 36-hour window.

Comment

I need them stims. For one, I can do a helluva lot more cardio with them - which means more fats get released and burned up. Without 'em, I am more prone to dragging ass and being far less productive... even a glass of tea (no sweetener!) while your depleted does wonders. I usually have a few of those Crystal Light and Lipton packets lying around - one is for something other than water, the other is to get my ass moving Although, I do not use any stimulants on the carb load day... I don't want anything to interfere with hitting full glycogen super compensation with adequate hydration within that 36-hour window.
                      Small setback I had domestic duty yesterday, weedeating for three hours and bouncing on a mower for 3 acres. Came in motivated as hell, did a nice warm-up set and felt a pop in the left q.l. while doing a 315 set of deads. Went straight to the floor. Luckily, I had an employee put some pressure on the muscle, she could plainly see the bulge, iced it and took 800 mg advil. I have taken another 800 and will follow with that protocol for a couple of days. Any suggestions? Right now I am in pain, but the disgust with myself for not recognizing the potential to do this is even greater.

Comment

Small setback I had domestic duty yesterday, weedeating for three hours and bouncing on a mower for 3 acres. Came in motivated as hell, did a nice warm-up set and felt a pop in the left q.l. while doing a 315 set of deads. Went straight to the floor. Luckily, I had an employee put some pressure on the muscle, she could plainly see the bulge, iced it and took 800 mg advil. I have taken another 800 and will follow with that protocol for a couple of days. Any suggestions? Right now I am in pain, but the disgust with myself for not recognizing the potential to do this is even greater.
                        At what point did this injury occur - during depletion, while carbing up?

Sounds like it was on a power day after carbing up, since you were doing deads... which would be typical of a dry carb load. If you carb load from a depleted state without enough water, the incoming glycogen (which your body grabs at readily) will suck you dry - glycogen needs water to get into the muscle. Carbing up dry causes painful cramps. It's something you have to do once to never let it happen again... during a carb load - pound water or you will regret it during the power routine. Your domestic duties while carb loading could easily increase your body's demands for water... since you're being more active. I am betting you simply expeirience a dry carb load - which I can totally identify with the pain associated with it.

Comment

At what point did this injury occur - during depletion, while carbing up?

Sounds like it was on a power day after carbing up, since you were doing deads... which would be typical of a dry carb load. If you carb load from a depleted state without enough water, the incoming glycogen (which your body grabs at readily) will suck you dry - glycogen needs water to get into the muscle. Carbing up dry causes painful cramps. It's something you have to do once to never let it happen again... during a carb load - pound water or you will regret it during the power routine. Your domestic duties while carb loading could easily increase your body's demands for water... since you're being more active. I am betting you simply expeirience a dry carb load - which I can totally identify with the pain associated with it.
                          Makes sense, however I think the situation was put into play because of the repetitive nature of the weedeating, mostly turning to the left and the jarring of the mower. I got distracted (member needed something) between sets, got pissed off and lost my form for a split second. I am pounding the ibuprofen, 800mg every four hours. Continue this protocol for three days? I am trying to keep up with the cardio and just pumping whatever I can for a couple of days? I will say this, the last time this happened (low test count era) it would take weeks to return to normal. However, I feel I can see the light just 24 hours after. Is the test/deca that good?

Comment

Warrior, recovering. Got acupuncture on Wed for back and arm, helped both. Did all rows braced and pulldown instead of chins. 8%bf, 201 lbs at exactly 8 weeks out. Hope you are doing well.

Comment

I am doing the ud 2.0 and after the preload carb day on thursday after the tension workout, is it fine to do cardio the next morning? or no workout period since it is an off day from training to carb load.

Comment

Originally posted by gnew70 View Post
                                I am doing the ud 2.0 and after the preload carb day on thursday after the tension workout, is it fine to do cardio the next morning? or no workout period since it is an off day from training to carb load.
                                No, no.no - NO! Seriously, doing cardio while trying to carb up will inhibit the effect... there is absolutely no need to do it anyway. From a depleted state, your body will partition calories toward replenishment before storage. In fact, some can eat obscene amounts of food during a carb load and still burn fat... assuming they were actually completely depleted before the refeed. Using UD2, or this 14-day variant, your goal is to super compensate glycogen within about 36 hours during the carb loads... this is hard to do, and performing endurance/cardio work concurrently will make it impossible. Carb up and stay out of the gym... be inactive for the most part. Drink lots of water to avoid cramping during the following power training day.

Comment

Working...
                                X