Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diet: Warrior's 14-Day CKD for Pre-Cycle Priming :.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacenty View Post
    Warrior, as far as cardio, do you think that it is necessery to go higher than 120 bpm if your goal is to get to a lean 8 % bf? I know diet is key here. But with a low caloric, low carb, wouldn't just walking be enough to get as lean as possible?
    That's into the realm of extreme fat loss for already athletic body types. What I was mostly concerned about in my last post was getting people down to sub 10 percent levels. Sad but true, a lot of bodybuilders begin AAS cycles at well over 18 percent - which is incredibly too high. In an otherwise well-intentioned effort to cut fat, many people get caught up in real low intensity cardio and gain nothing from it - or worse, their body adapts in a way that it becomes more efficient in hording fat... ever heard of Poliquin's Chunky Aerobic Instructor Syndrome? Basically, it's a metabolic explanation on why aerobic instructors can do repetitive cardio sessions throughout the day, but still look flabby. Resistance training helps, but there also needs to be more of a push for a performance inroad that stimulates an adaptive response from the training. Otherwise, the body is doing what it’s already capable of doing… so all it needs to do is slow down metabolism to fuel the low-intensity exercise.

On the flip side…

If your holding a lot of muscle and dropping below 8-10 percent, then I would suggest being very methodical about maintaining strength levels while balancing the energy in versus energy out equation. Endurance intensities experienced at over 15 percent body fat is going to pale in comparison when you are 8 percent. This is because you are streamlined for performance – any excess baggage is gone and your aerobic energy systems are much more efficient. At this point, it’s highly likely you don’t need to endure very exhausting cardio sessions anymore - since your fitness level is higher. Furthermore, it could easily become detrimental to maintaining muscle at low body fats - depending on other training and diet variables. By and large, for the under 8 percent crew, really pushing hard at long cardio sessions becomes far less recommended. Sprinters are muscular - fast long distance runners are not.

Kinda get what I am suggesting?
    Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

Great to have you back. I am currently holding 210 @ 9%BF doing 2-3 full body HIT workouts weekly. In two weeks I will do 2 cycles of 14CKD preparing for a 4 week bulk cycle. I am going to try RR's 4 week burst cycles, then back on HRT for weeks, repeat. During the 4 week HRT, I will do the CKD workouts to prepare for the next burst. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Comment

thanks warrior for the explanation. I hear you on fat chubby areobic instructors. I ve always wondered why they look so bad when they do hours of cardio a day.

Anyway I wish it wasn't so complicated.

I have one more question tho. Is there some formula on how to calculate how many calories you burn if you know you bpm, weight, duration and all that? Becasue I have always wondered whether you burn more calories lets say cycling for 40 min at 120 bm or 20 min at 140 bpm.

Comment

forgot to ask on more thing. So your are saying that in order to maintain my curent conditioning, I am at around 9% bf, I d be better off doing 15- 20 minutes of high intensity cardio a couplke of times a week , rather than gruelling 60 min of low intensity sessions? My goal is to maintain my current conditioning, as far as fat pecentage. I just want to intoduce more carbs into my diet but I don;t want to get that bloated look I get when I don't do any cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by axioma View Post
            Great to have you back. I am currently holding 210 @ 9%BF doing 2-3 full body HIT workouts weekly. In two weeks I will do 2 cycles of 14CKD preparing for a 4 week bulk cycle. I am going to try RR's 4 week burst cycles, then back on HRT for weeks, repeat. During the 4 week HRT, I will do the CKD workouts to prepare for the next burst. I will keep you posted on how it goes.
            Excellent!

Comment

thanks warrior for the explanation. I hear you on fat chubby areobic instructors. I ve always wondered why they look so bad when they do hours of cardio a day.

Anyway I wish it wasn't so complicated.

I have one more question tho. Is there some formula on how to calculate how many calories you burn if you know you bpm, weight, duration and all that? Becasue I have always wondered whether you burn more calories lets say cycling for 40 min at 120 bm or 20 min at 140 bpm.
              Not really... this kinda goes inline with people complaining about a scale being off a couple pounds... or a body fat measurement being inaccurate by a couple percent. Find a trustworthy and consistent method of measurement and go with that... if a scale is off by five pounds, it should always be off by five. If someone uses body fat calipers with a 3 percent margin for error - they should always be pinching the same way...

Many cardio machines have ways to measure your body fat, heart rate, intensity and duration to come up with a round-about answer... some even ask for age - the more information you plug in the better. You can find these counters on Life cycles, Stair masters and Elliptical machines. They will tell you how much calories you expend per workout - but when trying to compare results, do so using the same apparatus - with the same internal mechanism for generating the guess (what it basically is).

It's really hard to base it on one simple equation though.... there can be a lot of variation found in the substrates used to fuel the specific training session (lipids, glycogen, proteins), environmental temperatures at the time... your last meal... your fitness level at that moment - even how stressed you are and your hormonal balance...

I could give you an equation to find out this mystical number, but I'd be full of shit... the body's energy systems are too complicated for that. Just use a method that takes into account as many variables as possible - and stick to it as a reporting method... such as the plug-and-play displays on today's cardio equipment...

Comment

forgot to ask on more thing. So your are saying that in order to maintain my curent conditioning, I am at around 9% bf, I d be better off doing 15- 20 minutes of high intensity cardio a couplke of times a week , rather than gruelling 60 min of low intensity sessions? My goal is to maintain my current conditioning, as far as fat pecentage. I just want to intoduce more carbs into my diet but I don;t want to get that bloated look I get when I don't do any cardio.
                Some occasional long-distance endurance training can help keep pushing fats into the blood and burned up, but keep your heart rate reasonable since you are no longer trying to improve your cardio respiratory fitness - your simply trying to keep your activity levels elevated in an effort to reach very low body fat levels.

Other than that, some low volume, high-intensity, cardio can be a good way to inject some variety in your training... just keep it brief and intense.

Comment

thanks for the previous responses....

Warrior since your a strong believer in short cycles I was thinking you could help me out with this.

I was planning on doing a 6-7 weeker (test only). I d like to go first 4-5 weeks with omnadren and finish off with prop.

Since omnadren is a mix I am having hard time trying to figure out how to frontload it since it has prop in it.. I'd like to run it around 500mg/week so I was thinking I could go 750mg the first week and then go 500mg for the remaining weeks and switch over to prop for the last 3 weeks ang go into pct.
                  I hear opinions that omnadren is not the best way to go, as far as short cycles. what do you think? I still have a lot of omnas laying around so I figured I could give them a shot. I'd appreciate you opinion on this.

Comment

thanks for the previous responses....

Warrior since your a strong believer in short cycles I was thinking you could help me out with this.

I was planning on doing a 6-7 weeker (test only). I d like to go first 4-5 weeks with omnadren and finish off with prop.

Since omnadren is a mix I am having hard time trying to figure out how to frontload it since it has prop in it.. I'd like to run it around 500mg/week so I was thinking I could go 750mg the first week and then go 500mg for the remaining weeks and switch over to prop for the last 3 weeks ang go into pct.
                    I hear opinions that omnadren is not the best way to go, as far as short cycles. what do you think? I still have a lot of omnas laying around so I figured I could give them a shot. I'd appreciate you opinion on this.
                    Yeah, that's fine... the front load just isn't as much since there is propionate and phenylpropinate in the oil... but most importantly, Sustanon and Omnadren should be taken every other day during a cycle because of these short esters - to maintain even blood levels. Taking it twice a week would cause a lot of ups and downs. I don't know your stats but if you are going for a short cycle, would 250mg EOD be unreasonable? That works out to ~875mg/wk. If that's too much, consider enanthate or cypionate for your cycle.

Remember, if you cut back your usual duration, dose can be increased... most unwanted side effects come at the tail end of a cycle. Short blast cycle theories often preach twice the normal weekly intake for 4-5 weeks. If you usually do ~500mg per week for 8-10 weeks... then 875mg for 6-7 weeks is not totally out of the realm of possibility.

What's will your starting height, weight and body fat be... and how long have you been training?

Comment

I am 5'8, 175 lbs at around 9-10 %. I am planning to stay there for the next 3 months and start the short cycle. I have been training for 6 years. I have run 4 mild-doses cycles so far (250-600mg of oil per week) 12-14 th weekers. So those were pretty long cycles.

Just finished a 12 week cycle of 250mg omnandren + 300mg EQ. It was a lean bulker then cutter and I sort of all messed it up, but managed to got down from 12%bf to about 8% though. Even tho I injhected omnas once a week I did not really experience any side effects.

There is laso one more thing that concerns me, since it takes about 3-4 weeks for omnadren to clear the system, is it possible to run a short cycle using omnadren?

After reading your response I think I could run it 750mg for the first 4 weeks, then swith to prop and run it say 100mg eod for the remaining 3 weeks, which would give me solid 7 weeks on a cycle. What do you think?

Comment

gbc question

14 ckd-gbc routines 2 giants or 3?

Comment

Originally posted by axioma View Post
                          14 ckd-gbc routines 2 giants or 3?
                          Depends on how much gas you got. I have done three but found that the third one pretty pointless... so I cut off at two at full force. If you need the volume, do the third... I don't In general, bigger guys won't need three due to greater motor control and workout intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                            Depends on how much gas you got. I have done three but found that the third one pretty pointless... so I cut off at two at full force. If you need the volume, do the third... I don't In general, bigger guys won't need three due to greater motor control and workout intensity.
                            Whooow! Thank you...bless you....

Comment

With the Zenalean Pro, I noticed it only has 10mg of Ephedra and they recommend only 1 a day. This is not the same ratios/amounts they were using back in the day pre-ban.

Did you take more than the recommend dose to get the fat burning effects ?

Comment

Warrior, on the tension training, what is rep cadence? I notice you don't have any static (DC) types of holds for upper body, should you add in a weighted hang or heavy fly stretch?

Comment

Working...
                                X