Everything on Acne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything on Acne

Acne is an inflammatory skin dissorder characterized by pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. Acne often arises during puberty, when the body dramatically increases its production of androgens(male sex hormones). These hormones stimulate the production of keratin(type of protein) and sebum(an oily skin lubricant). If sebum is secreted faster than it can move through the pores, and blemish arises. The excess oil makes the pores sticky, allowing bacteria to become trapped inside. Blackheads form when sebum combines with skin pigments and plugs the pores. If scales below the surface of the skin become filled with sebum, then whiteheads appear. In severe cases, whiteheads build up, spread under the skin, and rupture, which eventually spreads the inflammation. Although proper skin care is important in the treatment of acne, it is not caused by uncleanliness, but is more likely caused by overactive oil glands.
    Factors that can contribute to acne include heredity, oily skin, hormonal inbalance, monthly menstrual cycles, candidiasis, allergies, stress, steroids, lithium, oral contraceptives, and some anti-epileptic drugs. Nutritional deficiences, diets high in saturated fats, hydrogenated fats, and animal products can also play a role. Exposure to industrial pollutants such as machine oils, coal tar derivatives, and cholorinated hydrocarbons are some factors aswell.
    The skin is the largest organ in the body. Its main function is to eliminate a portion of the body's toxic waste through sweating. If your body has more toxins than the kidneys and liver can effectively discharge, then the skin takes over.

Natural remedies to prevent acne beginning with most important

1)Acidophilus: Replenishes essential bacteria to reduce outbreaks

2)Chromium Picolinate: Aids in reducing infections of the skin

3)EFA's: To supply essential gamma linolenic acid. Nedded to keep the skin smooth and soft, repairs tissue, and dossolves fatty deposits that block pores

4)Potassium: 99mg/day Deficience linked with acne

5)Vit A: 25,000iu daily until heale. Then reduce to 5000iu. To strengthen the protective epithelial tissue.

6)Vit B complex(extra B3):100mg 3times daily. B3 100mg 3Xdaily
    Important for healthy skin tone. Anti stress vit. Deficiences of B6 associated with acne. B3 improves blood flow to the surface of skin

7)Vit C w/bioflavanoids: 1000-1600mg/3Xdaily. Promoted immune function and reduces inflammation. Needed for collagen repair.

8)Vit D3:400iu/day. Promotes healing of tissue

9)Vit E(natural):400iu/daily. Inhances healing and tissue repair.

10)Zinc:30-80mg/daily. Prevents scarring.

Worst case get some accutane gel.
    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Experience with gear acne...

Im predisposed to acne. Had it when I was teen and early twenties. By my early thirties is went away. Then came the gear. I broke out real bad on just 500mg of Test E starting about week 5-6 of a 12 week cycle.

So I did a lot of research via the web and these forums and found a very good solution for me. Thanks in part to some recommendations by Derek Anthony I now take two showers a day.

I get up in the morning and look at my shoulders in the mirror, if they are shiny I jump in the shower for a quick rinse off, no soap.

I rinse my face with WATER ONLY a few times a day to get some of the oil off my face.

Immediately after my lifting at night I go right home and take a shower( dont do anything else you have to get the oil and crap off your skin before it clogs up ). I use dove soap and one of those bristled scrub brushes for your back and scrub the acne prone areas. Then use Aveeno lotion after getting out so I dont dry out.

I also take Finasteride 2.5 mg per day to slow the sebaceous glands...its not like Accutane but it is helping.

This all, I have had only a few white heads this time and nothing more YEAHHHHHHH!

Comment

The sun.
      -Hendog

Comment

ahh yes The Importance of Hygene
        Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

I have had acne problems from.. guess what.... AAS use! I have spread out my injections to keep hormone levels more consistent. Swimming in a chlornated pool, sun and showering regularly helps. I recently picked up a Nutrogena wash product with salycylic acid which has REALLY helped alot.

Comment

I have had acne on my back since i was 16 and now im 30 it has come and gone in serverity. but people always say im on the juice and im not. It has got bad in the last few months since i turned thirty dont want to take my shirt off. My skin scars in black dots what should i do, is there any chemicals that work.

Comment

Originally posted by UkrainianGuy View Post
              ahh yes The Importance of Hygene
              Being 39 my skin is usually dry so I wasnt use to the high oil production. Gear makes the skin soft at first, which I liked..... then weeks later its like a badly broken concrete road on my back DOH!

Comment

Things that really help.

1. Tanning once or twice per week
                2. Shower twice or three times per day
                3. Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) 4-10g daily will really reduce oil production and acne...get the timed release stuff...and gradually increase dosage...take about 1-2 weeks to really start working
                3. Use an antibiotic which doesn't affect protein synthesis ie Augmentin
                4. Dont touch your face or skin while training or in the gym...bacteria everywhere
                5. Keep hydrated

P
                Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
                Top Three-Canadian Nationals-Montreal 2008!

Comment

Originally posted by fynn View Post
                  I have had acne on my back since i was 16 and now im 30 it has come and gone in serverity. but people always say im on the juice and im not. It has got bad in the last few months since i turned thirty dont want to take my shirt off. My skin scars in black dots what should i do, is there any chemicals that work.
                  Mines not that bad...no deep scarring. Best thing Ive seen on TV was laser peels. Looks expensive but wow it does seem to work. I wouldnt do anything without a Dermatologists help.

There are people peddling all kinds of crap out there, just waiting to prey on people like you.

Comment

tanning destroys acne. jump in a chlorinated pool after laying out and let the sanitizer kill that bacteria.
                    by the way west i have been tanning 25 years now. i eat barbequed meat and take aas. i will probably get cancer some day but it will be from my toothpaste or something.
                    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

Comment

Originally posted by heavyiron1 View Post
                      tanning destroys acne. jump in a chlorinated pool after laying out and let the sanitizer kill that bacteria.
                      by the way west i have been tanning 25 years now. i eat barbequed meat and take aas. i will probably get cancer some day but it will be from my toothpaste or something.
                      LOL!

I can tell you that for me, tanning does the trick. If it has been a week or 2 I can start to see acne on my arms/back/chest (when on cycle) and then I tan and 2-3 days later it is all almost totaly gone.

On your face is a different story. You need a wash with 10% benzoil perixide (sp?).
                      -Hendog

Comment

Originally posted by Praetorian View Post
                        Things that really help.

1. Tanning once or twice per week
                        2. Shower twice or three times per day
                        3. Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) 4-10g daily will really reduce oil production and acne...get the timed release stuff...and gradually increase dosage...take about 1-2 weeks to really start working
                        3. Use an antibiotic which doesn't affect protein synthesis ie Augmentin
                        4. Dont touch your face or skin while training or in the gym...bacteria everywhere
                        5. Keep hydrated

P
                        Hey Praetorian,

I've got a question on that note. When I went for my physical last month
                        the doctor prescribed me 3 months of tetracycline, which I have yet to take for the reason above, and that I'm also trying to enjoy the summer sun. Any idea if the tetracycline would significantly impact protein synthesis?

He gave me the 3 months worth to see if we could use that to clear up my oily skin, which I've inherited from my Dad. If this doesn't work, he wants to get me on Accutane. I've considered not taking this crap, and just going back in 3 months and saying it didn't work...

Matt

Comment

I took accutane when I was younger to get rid of acne and it got rid of at least 80% of it. I heard acne never returns after accutane so would the same be true on or after an aas cycle?

Out of all the natural remedies would B vitamins be the best?

Comment

Originally posted by mysterywriterny View Post
                            I heard acne never returns after accutane
                            That's the hope, but it's not always the way for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by west
                              There is a certain point at which the idea that 'everything causes cancer' and 'you may be run over tomorrow' becomes utterly ridiculous.
                              A little common sense tends to go a long way.
                              P
                              Do or Do Not, there is no Try!
                              Top Three-Canadian Nationals-Montreal 2008!

Comment

Working...
                              X