Injections: Irritations, infections and procedures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brundel View Post
    Even a little movement can chop up precious muscle.
    Or it could be high BA or high hormone concentration.
    Could just be a new site and your not used to the irritation there.

UNless there is redness, heat, abnormal swelling, fever, I wouldnt start to worry.
    That is what I figured. It should be said to everyone pinning for the first time that if you are nervous and your hands are shanking then expect soreness. Try to calm down a little so you don't jiggle the needle so much.

Comment

I think I pinned the same spot to many times, was doing every other day I'm shots in my delta and the one I pinned on Tuesday a lot of the oil leaked out and now it's 4 days later and there's a hard lump there, it's not hot or red or painful. It's just a hard lump. Should I be worried and will it go away?

Comment

Originally posted by goodguy19064 View Post
        I think I pinned the same spot to many times, was doing every other day I'm shots in my delta and the one I pinned on Tuesday a lot of the oil leaked out and now it's 4 days later and there's a hard lump there, it's not hot or red or painful. It's just a hard lump. Should I be worried and will it go away?
        If you press down on it with a finger and it leaves an indent it's an abscess.

It could also just be a hematoma that formed from going through a vein. I've gotten plenty of those, though typically the bump goes away fairly quickly with those.

It could also just be oil collected at the top of the skin, in which case you'll just want to wait it out and maybe apply a hot pad to it every now and again to accelerate the dissipation of the oil.

You definitely want to rotate sites as often as possible to avoid issues like this.
        My Enhanced Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by Elf View Post
          If you press down on it with a finger and it leaves an indent it's an abscess.

It could also just be a hematoma that formed from going through a vein. I've gotten plenty of those, though typically the bump goes away fairly quickly with those.

It could also just be oil collected at the top of the skin, in which case you'll just want to wait it out and maybe apply a hot pad to it every now and again to accelerate the dissipation of the oil.

You definitely want to rotate sites as often as possible to avoid issues like this.
          Sorry, but that's false. Pressing down on the red/sore/warm-to-the-touch site and leaving an indent is not always an abcess. Actually, in that guy's case, it's more than likely pitted edemus. Pitted edemus is just a build up of fluid in the muscle. Regardless it's more than likely an intramuscular infection and he needs antibiotics.

Comment

After several years of injection, i have now each time inflammation for 3/4 days !
            shoulder or tights, ... everywhere
            even with 1CC
            That's painful but without serious consequence !
            I have to deal with...

Comment

Working...
            X