Rocky's TCD Journal (Offseason)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky's TCD Journal (Offseason)

So today was my first official day working with Blackdog, the "Dante Trudel" of Germany. Met the guy almost a year ago through another board and we immdiately hit it off (no homo).
    He knows very well about my struggles with food. Yes i have made some serious improvements,finally breaking the 200lbs barrier for good,and getting up to my all time heaviest (andr elatively lean) 220lbs. Now sitting at a stable 210lbs.
    He has been working on his TCD for over a year now,and has perfected it to the point where the system is pretty much "bulletproof". No matter what bodytype,natty or enhanced, slow or fast metabolism, this shit seems to be working.
    I will post updaed pics every now and then to show how TCD is affecting my body. Here is how i look now at 210lbs...
    sep12back.jpgsept12side.jpgIMG00056-20110912-1835.jpg
    Last edited by RockyIII; September 19th, 2011, 09:32 PM.
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Posting the exact diet that i am following will be useless as we all have different bodyweights and requirements. However, here are some general guidelines for TCD:

-The only time you can mix fats and carbs in a meal is in your pre-workout meal (see TCD for more details on specific ingredients)

-Breakfast is carb-free unless you train after your first meal of the day

-Intraworkout shake (carbs/pro) should be drank halfway through workout and be done by end of workout

-Postworkout meal should be consumed no later than 90 mins after intraworkout shake. This meal is made up of specific ratios of whey,casein,and fructose

-Carbs on non-workout days are limited to one meal (not at breakfast!!!) and one "all-carb" small snack in beteen meals....For this purpose, things like rice cakes are ideal for carb snacks

-Last meal/snack of the day on both WO days and NWO days is a small amount of casein protein (about 25-30g protein for the average bodybuilder...again,refer to TCD blueprint to calculate how much per pound of LBM)

-All casein consumption comes from lowfat milk (pre-workout), lowfat greek yogurt (post-workout), and lowfat cottage cheese (bedtime). Lactose-intolerant folks MUST use lactaid tabs when consuming those foods!
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

So what do you gain or what is the goal of people who do TCD?

Originally posted by RockyIII View Post
      Posting the exact diet that i am following will be useless as we all have different bodyweights and requirements. However, here are some general guidelines for TCD:

-The only time you can mix fats and carbs in a meal is in your pre-workout meal (see TCD for more details on specific ingredients)

-Breakfast is carb-free unless you train after your first meal of the day

-Intraworkout shake (carbs/pro) should be drank halfway through workout and be done by end of workout

-Postworkout meal should be consumed no later than 90 mins after intraworkout shake. This meal is made up of specific ratios of whey,casein,and fructose

-Carbs on non-workout days are limited to one meal (not at breakfast!!!) and one "all-carb" small snack in beteen meals....For this purpose, things like rice cakes are ideal for carb snacks

-Last meal/snack of the day on both WO days and NWO days is a small amount of casein protein (about 25-30g protein for the average bodybuilder...again,refer to TCD blueprint to calculate how much per pound of LBM)

-All casein consumption comes from lowfat milk (pre-workout), lowfat greek yogurt (post-workout), and lowfat cottage cheese (bedtime). Lactose-intolerant folks MUST use lactaid tabs when consuming those foods!

Comment

Originally posted by cstrong10 View Post
        So what do you gain or what is the goal of people who do TCD?
        TCD can be customized for either burn bodyfat while keeping size, or gaining size while staying lean.
        The real intersting thing is that a lot of Blackdog´s clients are actually gaining muscle while burning bodyfat,whereas the clients who are in a mass gain phase are often burning bodyfat as they pack on pounds of LBM.
        Whatever the goal,the general guidelines stay more or less the same. Calories will be set up either above or below maintenace caloric intake depending on the individual's goal
        JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

interesting thanks man

TCD can be customized for either burn bodyfat while keeping size, or gaining size while staying lean.
          The real intersting thing is that a lot of Blackdog´s clients are actually gaining muscle while burning bodyfat,whereas the clients who are in a mass gain phase are often burning bodyfat as they pack on pounds of LBM.
          Whatever the goal,the general guidelines stay more or less the same. Calories will be set up either above or below maintenace caloric intake depending on the individual's goal

Comment

Originally posted by cstrong10 View Post
            interesting thanks man
            you got it. keep in mind that figuring out overall caloric intake requires knowing your LBM, not just your total bodyweight. SO you need to know your bodyfat% first in order to estimate how many pounds of LBM you carry. then you can calculate your total calories based on that (more cals if you are trying to gain and less cals if you are trying to get lean). The protein/carb/fat ratios are included in the TCD thread.
            Regardless of your specific goal,the main rules do not change.
            JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

here is a sample workout day vs non-workout day eating schedule (obviously the amounts change depending on the individual and his goals):

Workout day
              Meal 1. egg omelette with mushrooms,cheese,and olive oil
              Meal 2. (pre-workout) pancake, egg/s,lowfat milk (or almond milk), whey
              Meal 3. (during workout) whey and carb drink
              Meal 4. (post-workout) lowfat greek yogurt, lowfat milk (or almond milk), banana, whey
              Meal 5. chiken breast, rice, lowfat tomato sauce
              Meal 6. steak, beans
              Meal 7. lowfat cottage cheese

Non-workout day
              Meal 1. egg omelette with mushrooms,cheese,and olive oil
              Meal 2. (carb-only snack) rice cakes
              Meal 3. whey with natural peanut butter
              Meal 4. chicken breast, rice, beans
              Meal 5. whey with natural peanut butter
              Meal 6. steak,steamed veggies
              Meal 7. lowfat cottage cheese
              JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Awesome rocky, never heard of this diet but I'm very very interested. Is there a go-to website for this? When I google it I don't find anything concrete apart from people asking questions about it.. Definitly interested in trying since I'm an endo and when I bulk I put on fat really easy and obviously losing weight is a bitch too.
                Last edited by Iwanttobebig; September 21st, 2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwanttobebig View Post
                  Awesome rocky, never heard of this diet but I'm very very interested. Is there a go-to website for this? When I google it I don't find anything concrete apart from people asking questions about it.. Definitly interested in trying since I'm an endo and when I bulk I put on fat really easy and obviously losing weight is a bitch too.
                  i have the link to the german site, but it s all in German
                  JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

On another note, TCD also takes into account pH level,making the body less acidic. This can be very strategic in turning the body in a more efficient machine to utilize cals and nutrients to burn bodyfat and build muscle.
                    I used pH urine strips on day 1 (monday) and day 3 (today) and my ph level has already gone from 5.5 to 6.5 (less acidic)
                    JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

i have the link to the german site, but it s all in German
                      Ah, so you basically got all your info from that guy then? I could use google translation.. I wanna see that TCD blueprint you were talking about for ratios and such.

Comment

Ah, so you basically got all your info from that guy then? I could use google translation.. I wanna see that TCD blueprint you were talking about for ratios and such.
                        i met Blackdog on another (american) message board. We started exchanging notes on anything from nutrition to gear and he told me about this thing he had been working on for over a year. he is a student of Lyle Mconald by the way,only he was able to use some of McDonald's principles taking into account the special needs that bodybuilders have to not only burn bodyfat,but also to maintain and/or gain muscle
                        Last edited by RockyIII; September 21st, 2011, 07:38 PM.
                        JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

I see, any way you can find that blueprint? I'm Dutch so German isn't very hard for me anyway.. Also, what are your goals if I missed them, you're bulking right?

Comment

I see, any way you can find that blueprint? I'm Dutch so German isn't very hard for me anyway.. Also, what are your goals if I missed them, you're bulking right?
                            lean bulk, yes.
                            i am trying to get Blackdog himself to register and start posting in here. He is already part of our group of experts on my board
                            JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Here I am, will watch you...
                              To go to TCD blueprint in German language, just google:
                              "Timed Carb diet" blackdog
                              Owner of the German board doesn't want links of the board on other boards because of spam, etc.
                              The English blueprint is here:
                              http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...dog?highlight=

Comment

Working...
                              X