Question from sunni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question from sunni

I have a question about HGH boosters or IGF-1 supplements. I am a 43 yr old female recreational bodybuilder and I love to work out hard with heavy weights. I am getting older and feel I need more help with recovery, I eat good foods, protein, whey, glutamine and BCAA's and get plenty of sleep. I have been looking around for a good HGH booster and am finding they are expensive so I don't want to waste my money on garbage. Do you know of any brands good for bodybuilding specifically or stacks that work?

Thanks, sunni

Low GI carbs will boost natural HGH levels because insulin spikes cease its production.
    Are you looking for natural enhancers or supplements?
    Death by Snoo Snoo!

Comment

For now yes I am looking for natural HGH enhancers but.....I am also considering not natural. I am looking for ways to put on more muscle, help recovery and lower fat without doing steroids.

Comment

Speaking as a 45 yr old, let me also give a hyuge promo for spending more time stretching / warming up. You will find you can't muscle through a lot of the stuff that you could when you were younger. Particularly the joints and tendonitis become your weak points. I don't know how you train, but bodybuilders tend to lift "per muscle group" - this can tend to aggravate your natural push / pull imbalances, over time, resulting in those joint and tendonitis issues that never really go away and make you feel fragile or brittle sometimes. I'd suggest looking at some things that fall more under "functionally correct" stuff and some pilates / yoga type stuff to support more of your overall frame (again paying attention to training 'smarter' instead of 'harder').

I can tell you, shit just starts falling apart after a while. Its hard for me to change my view of training from balls to the wall to things like making time for a pilates class or maybe sucking it up and doing some circuit / plyo training instead of a muscle group training. Here's an example of a problem I've been dealing lately - I dieted for nearly 2 yrs to do 2 shows in 2009 and 1 in 2010. Then a week before my 2010 show I decided to do Arnold presses a little too heavy for a week left of contest depleting. I jacked my shoulder (which had surgery in 2008) - in fact, I'm still having problems w/ it 5 months later. I always seem to be aware of a dull ache and some days I've got to the gym w/ my shoulder literally begging me to not lift anything. This is just one example of things that didn't bother me in 2009 but now bother me. So ... just a word of advice from someone starting to experience some tangible effects of my many years of lifting and my age.

Another thought - make sure you're getting enough fish oils. This is a very simple thing you can do to help support joints.

If you do this already, nevermindkthxbye.. Otherwise, I recommend starting to look at things like this as a maintenance framework to allow your body to continue lifting like you want and reducing the annoyance of joint aches & pains.

Comment

Your right I am guilty of not stretching enough but I did join a yoga class for the past 8 wks and found it made my body feel really good. My joints all feel healthy but I do have crappy shoulder and have to be very careful with them. I went white water rafting 8 mo ago, tweaked my shoulder and I can still feel it. Fish oil is somethings I am trying right now but I constantly burp up that horrible taste all day so I'm going to try smaller doses more often.

Thanks for the advice, more stretching...your right...your right...I know your right!

Comment

I have the same problem with my fish oil supps. Three tips I have for you to take care of the fishy aftertaste....1- Freeze your capsules until you are ready to ingest. Lowering the temperature of the fish oil before taking it makes it break down more slowly in the stomach and reduces the chances of tasting fish after you ingestion. 2- Don't skimp on the brand. The better quality oils are less likely to taste awful. 3- Take your pill right before a meal.

I am 30 and I find I cannot do a damn thing without spending a good 20-30 minutes stretching first. And I do not even train for hypertrophy. I also have arthritis in my hands and my knuckles are the size of gold balls.

Another thing you mentioned that has me confused is..you mentioned wanting to stick to natural gh enhancers, but are considering non natural means as well. Enhanced recovery, lower bodyfat and more muscle mass without steroids...i'm assuming you are open to taking the peptide route then?
            Death by Snoo Snoo!

Comment

Originally posted by sunni1967 View Post
              Your right I am guilty of not stretching enough but I did join a yoga class for the past 8 wks and found it made my body feel really good. My joints all feel healthy but I do have crappy shoulder and have to be very careful with them. I went white water rafting 8 mo ago, tweaked my shoulder and I can still feel it. Fish oil is somethings I am trying right now but I constantly burp up that horrible taste all day so I'm going to try smaller doses more often.

Thanks for the advice, more stretching...your right...your right...I know your right!
              Its either preventative maintenance or go invest in bullk amounts of duct tape!

Comment

I want to try a natural gh enhancer to start and see if it works at all and how I react to it. I've been looking around and have read alot about how people say they don't notice much difference. Thats why I was asking for advice on any brands that actually do work. I've seen some on the market for $80-100 bucks for one bottle and that is alot of money for something that may not do anything.

I don't know what a peptide route is but I will read up on that, any good articles I should read? I am not against non natural means, I just have no education on whats available and what the side affect might be. I want to be careful and not hurt myself .....but I also want big muscles!

Comment

I use domestically produced clinical grade Ipamorelin and Modified GRF (1-29) at 100mcg each, twice daily. Ipamorelin is not the most powerful GH releaser, but it is the most selective in that it triggers essentially zero prolactin and cortisol release and modified GRF induces a very naturalistic GH pulse.

As we grow older GH levels naturally decline, so I would guess that a person in her mid 40's would definitely notice an improvement on a quality GHRP/GHRH combination.

Do not take either within 15-20 minutes of consumption of any food at all other than protein as both fats and carbs blunt GH release. The PWO and bedtime dosing are the times of day to dose for best effect.

Comment

Thanks for the advise, I'll check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by sunni1967 View Post
                      I want to try a natural gh enhancer to start and see if it works at all and how I react to it. I've been looking around and have read alot about how people say they don't notice much difference. Thats why I was asking for advice on any brands that actually do work. I've seen some on the market for $80-100 bucks for one bottle and that is alot of money for something that may not do anything.

I don't know what a peptide route is but I will read up on that, any good articles I should read? I am not against non natural means, I just have no education on whats available and what the side affect might be. I want to be careful and not hurt myself .....but I also want big muscles!
                      Then my advice to you is steer clear of peptides. You don't need to complicate your life by delving into a subject that very few women can offer you any useful advice on. Peptides are great because they do not shut you down but they will cost you a king's ransom. If you want big muscles and you got all other factors in check and are not opposed to taking the "non natural route" then I suggest you get yourself some good quality gear and call it a day.
                      Death by Snoo Snoo!

Comment

Gamma Animo Butric Acid (commonly known as GABA) is a neurotrasmiter/amino acid contained in many supplements that has been shown to significantly increase natural growth hormone production. Phenibut, a GABA derivative, is also contained in many popular otc supplements and has a much stronger GH boosting effect, however I hate this stuff as it can be highly addictive and coming off can be nasty.

D Aspartic Acid is also believed to increase GH output, although I don't know of any credible studies that show this.

Comment

There are studies showing stretching cold can lead to ligament tears. I am 43, been through 2 rotator cuff tears. I have learnt to have a warm-up set of 30-40 reps, with 15 % of my regular starting set weight, before every exercise. Stretching is best done after the weight session. It will also stretch the myofibrils and induce hypertrophy. Give it a try. I swear by it and have my students do the same.

Comment

Stacking supplements has many benefits. For one, there are many ways to gain muscle or lose fat, so by combining supplements that help you do either one through different pathways is very important.
                            There are many brands
                            good for bodybuilding specifically
                            Best Protein Powder : 100% ON Whey Protein
                            Best Natural Test Booster : Optimum ZMA
                            Weight gainers will help you to get more calories in addition to your diet - the single most important part of gaining muscle. Without calories and extra protein, there will be no muscle growth.
                            These supplements are very important to maintaining health and building muscle in the absence of other, more-specific goal-oriented supplements. These are the basics and will help you get good gains in the weight room.

You know Some info good brands for bodybuilding visit this site www.vigourfuel.com

Comment

Working...
                            X