Announcement

Collapse

Registration Suspended

Due to abuse of the email regisration system by spammers, email registertion will be suspended indefinitely.
New Members to the forum must be made by invitation only, and the invitation must come from existing forum members of No Bull of 1 Year or more.

Thanks for your time,

Jen the Admin
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yo Layne. Somebody asked you this question a while back and I never saw you answer it. So here it is again.

    What carb do you suggest mixing with your between meal bcaa drink? table sugar, dextrose, waxy...?
    trueprotein.com discount code- JNG800

    Comment


    • Layne,

      I was recently at an OCB show and your team had great color. Can you describe what you do to get such great color for a Saturday show?

      Comment


      • Is 3 grams leucine most likely enough or should you lean towards the .05g/kg bodyweight (as those do make a slight difference in money spent on protein)?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GrayBull View Post
          Yo Layne. Somebody asked you this question a while back and I never saw you answer it. So here it is again.

          What carb do you suggest mixing with your between meal bcaa drink? table sugar, dextrose, waxy...?
          i just have some baked lays
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Shulk View Post
            Layne,

            I was recently at an OCB show and your team had great color. Can you describe what you do to get such great color for a Saturday show?
            1 coat dream tan red bronze the night before, let it dry for 2 hours then sleep in it. then 1 coat 1.5 hours before the show
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

            Comment


            • Hi layne

              What to eat after the emty stomach cardio session in the morning then you diet for a show include carbs and fats at that meal or not? and when to eat right after ending of cardio or w8 some time.
              If we don't include carbs(insulin rise) the fat burning proses from cardio will continue for some hours or it will be too catabolic because we slep for 8hours +do some cardio and we must ad some carbs .
              What's the best choice?

              Comment


              • read my stuff on precontest prep... i do not recommend fasted cardio EVER
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

                Comment


                • hi layne,

                  i've been working hard to cut my bodyfat for the last 6 months and have gotten it down from 21% to 10% @175lbs. the only problem is that i'm finding it really hard to get it any lower than that. at the moment my daily protein intake is around 200g and i'm cycling my carbs with 3 days low (less than 30g a day) and then a high day (250g), my fats are at a constant of 40g a day. i'm also doing two 45 mins sessions of low intensity cardio (110 bpm) everyday. i've stopping drinking alcohol, eating junk food etc. any ideas on what to do next???

                  thanks,

                  ray.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wakingmalice View Post
                    hey layne, I have seen you say in a couple places that you drank consistantly every weekend through undergrad school in college. As far as my knowledge about you goes, you were bodybuilding at this point. Do you think this drinking provided a significant hindering of progress towards your physique goals?

                    just bumping this.. i'm pretty curious, but if you dont wanna answer it for some personal reason i understand.
                    Teen NPC competitor.

                    Writer/promoter
                    JackedWithoutJuice.com

                    Comment


                    • hi layne, im not going to read thru all these posts to get an answer (sorry lol)

                      I live in the UK and would like your DVD, shipping from your site makes the DVD cost almost 60 dollars.
                      too much for me

                      are there other ways i can get the DVD? for example a site where i can download it like on STEAM.
                      or if there are any UK suppliers of your DVD?
                      let me know, thanks.

                      Comment


                      • hey not to sure if u talked about this before but, i plain on durring the cut and bulk cycle like you.
                        \
                        now my questions is will it do me any good if i do 2 weeks cutting and 4 weeks bulking or do the cutting cycle actually have to be a little longer to work at its best
                        http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ygbodybuilder10/

                        Comment


                        • I just wanted to take the time off to say that Layne Norton is a icon to the natural bodybuilders like us all here. Do realize you are thankful to have a chance to speak to him. I by anymeans don't know him personally or know him to an extent level to say that you guys should worship him, but he's a very great and educated person!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by HydroMaf View Post
                            hi layne, im not going to read thru all these posts to get an answer (sorry lol)

                            I live in the UK and would like your DVD, shipping from your site makes the DVD cost almost 60 dollars.
                            too much for me

                            are there other ways i can get the DVD? for example a site where i can download it like on STEAM.
                            or if there are any UK suppliers of your DVD?
                            let me know, thanks.
                            probably could have just left the first part out man..
                            Teen NPC competitor.

                            Writer/promoter
                            JackedWithoutJuice.com

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by HydroMaf View Post
                              hi layne, im not going to read thru all these posts to get an answer (sorry lol)

                              I live in the UK and would like your DVD, shipping from your site makes the DVD cost almost 60 dollars.
                              too much for me

                              are there other ways i can get the DVD? for example a site where i can download it like on STEAM.
                              or if there are any UK suppliers of your DVD?
                              let me know, thanks.
                              you can just email me directly [email protected] and i can send it to you if you make payment to me directly


                              guys I am going to try to get to all these questions when I can. I'm simply overwhelmed right now. my wife is competing, my graduate work is crazy and I am absolutely stacked with clients. I've had to start up a waiting list this past week because things are so crazy.

                              i'm averaging over 200 emails per day and I simply cannot get to all these questions on here everyday. I'm going to do my best but right now i feel like i'm losing my mind and I had to drop out of a powerlifting contest I wanted to do in june because I just don't have time. I've never had to do that before and it really pissed me off.

                              so please be patient with me, I'm going to try to get to everyone's questions, but please make sure you do some searching around to make sure I haven't answered them somewhere else
                              BioLayne LLC
                              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                you can just email me directly [email protected] and i can send it to you if you make payment to me directly


                                guys I am going to try to get to all these questions when I can. I'm simply overwhelmed right now. my wife is competing, my graduate work is crazy and I am absolutely stacked with clients. I've had to start up a waiting list this past week because things are so crazy.

                                i'm averaging over 200 emails per day and I simply cannot get to all these questions on here everyday. I'm going to do my best but right now i feel like i'm losing my mind and I had to drop out of a powerlifting contest I wanted to do in june because I just don't have time. I've never had to do that before and it really pissed me off.

                                so please be patient with me, I'm going to try to get to everyone's questions, but please make sure you do some searching around to make sure I haven't answered them somewhere else

                                hey layne just take ur time, we understand
                                http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ygbodybuilder10/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X