Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Layne Norton

    I was just thinking that it would be a great idea to have Layne or someone with similar knowlegde/accomplishments have a thread, so that those of us that are natural have people to ask ?'s to. Layne if you would be willing to have a thread here, and if a mod would make this a sticky that would be great... Thanks.

    -Jeff
    DC advocate

    CSCS
    B.S. in Exercise Science

  • #2
    i'm more than happy to answer questions, don't know if I deserve a sticky. Let's just see how much interest there is.
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

    Comment


    • #3
      Layne that would be awesome...you have a accomplished so much in such a short time in Natural Bodybuilding definitly worthy of a sticky

      Comment


      • #4
        LAYNE! LAYNE! LAYNE! LAYNE!
        CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
        NGA
        PRO BODYBUILDER
        PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

        Comment


        • #5
          I have a couple questions for Layne:

          1. What brand of glutamine do you recommend?

          2. Are squats better than deadlifts?

          3. What supplement will help me build muscle and lose fat?

          4. Can I use all protein shakes instead of eating real food?

          5. How many sit ups does it take to get a six pack?

          Thank you in advance!

          -D
          Heretic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Deserusan View Post
            I have a couple questions for Layne:

            1. What brand of glutamine do you recommend?

            2. Are squats better than deadlifts?

            3. What supplement will help me build muscle and lose fat?

            4. Can I use all protein shakes instead of eating real food?

            5. How many sit ups does it take to get a six pack?

            Thank you in advance!

            -D
            LOL
            CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
            NGA
            PRO BODYBUILDER
            PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

            Comment


            • #7
              Alright... well i'll start up with some serious questions Layne.

              I'm currently 6 weeks out from my contest... at about 2050 calories with roughly 50% being protein, and 25% from fat, and 25% from carbs. Should I just keep chipping away equally from fat and carbs... or cut back on one more than the other? And if I should... what meals should i cut the carbs out from (currently ingesting w/breakfast, pre&post workout).

              Thanks in advance.

              -Jeff
              DC advocate

              CSCS
              B.S. in Exercise Science

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Deserusan View Post
                I have a couple questions for Layne:

                1. What brand of glutamine do you recommend?

                2. Are squats better than deadlifts?

                3. What supplement will help me build muscle and lose fat?

                4. Can I use all protein shakes instead of eating real food?

                5. How many sit ups does it take to get a six pack?

                Thank you in advance!

                -D
                same , i really wanna know what type of glutamine he uses also , we all know layne is a super huggeeee fan of glutamine , i hear sometimes when hes alone he has meals of just glutamine powder and water in a big bowl. imtalking like 100 grams a pop.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The guy knows his stuff...

                  One of the top dogs in Natural Bodybuilding...

                  chris
                  SPONSORED BY MUSCLECHEMISTRY.COM

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Timski also should have a thread. He has more natural BBing trophies on his mantel than Adonis has weird thoughts in his head! And THAT is saying something!
                    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
                    NGA
                    PRO BODYBUILDER
                    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post
                      Alright... well i'll start up with some serious questions Layne.

                      I'm currently 6 weeks out from my contest... at about 2050 calories with roughly 50% being protein, and 25% from fat, and 25% from carbs. Should I just keep chipping away equally from fat and carbs... or cut back on one more than the other? And if I should... what meals should i cut the carbs out from (currently ingesting w/breakfast, pre&post workout).

                      Thanks in advance.

                      -Jeff
                      Jeff,
                      what is your weight right now. What is your bodyfat (approx)? How often are you doing cardio? How many weeks left til the show and how much weight loss have you been averaging/week?
                      BioLayne LLC
                      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by chris250 View Post
                        The guy knows his stuff...

                        One of the top dogs in Natural Bodybuilding...

                        chris
                        thanks chris, extremely nice of you to say that. But right now i'm not a top dog; more like a lil' puppy in the world of pro natural bodybuilding. Hopefully I'll make it to the top one day, right now i'm taking it day by day workout by workout trying to improve to get there.

                        When does your contest season start this year?
                        BioLayne LLC
                        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Layne,

                          Well Im considering you a top dawg, because you get in better conditioning than most guys in the NPC top level shows...My season, will start in June...At the Jr.Nationals...

                          chris
                          SPONSORED BY MUSCLECHEMISTRY.COM

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Why have you decided to stay a "natural" and NOT join the big league with "AAS" experimentation over your career thus far, Layne?

                            Did you feel like you couldn't cut it with the "big boys" no matter what AAS you took or was it something else?

                            How do you feel about those who take AAS and are at present rolling in four, five or six figure supplement contracts, when that could quite possibly have been you?

                            Finally, what feeling of displeasure and/or indignation, if any at all, do you hold against other bodybuilders who have elected to NOT pursue the route you chosen?

                            An honest detailed answer would be appreciated.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                              Jeff,
                              what is your weight right now. What is your bodyfat (approx)? How often are you doing cardio? How many weeks left til the show and how much weight loss have you been averaging/week?
                              5 weeks 6 days out
                              200lbs-current started at 225lbs
                              averaging 2lbs per week
                              I would say my bodyfat is in the 6-8% range
                              Cardio is 40 min low intensity 4 days per week, and 15 min low intensity the reamainging 3 days ( i've tried to keep the cardio down this year... and so far it has helped me hold on to more muscle than ever before).

                              Thanks again man.

                              P.S. You gonna be at the Arnold expo at the primaforce booth?

                              -Jeff
                              DC advocate

                              CSCS
                              B.S. in Exercise Science

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X