Vitamins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitamins

Has anyone ever just used basic vitamins for their energy without spending a fortune on a company's powder mixed to provide that energy?

I am experimenting with B12 at the moment. I took my first gram of it this morning at 4am before work. I felt a flood of serious energy most of the day today and I didn't come crashing down when it went away. I will continue to do this in the mornings to see if this is a true thing or just some kind of placebo.

Bump for update

Comment

I use natural vitality.. it's in liquid form. Tons of minerals and vitamins in them. Also has superfruit and antioxidants. Not to expensive either. 1 month supply is 14 bucks or so
      Training Log

Comment

I use lots of b complex because they are water soluble and must be replaced every day. I think it is probably the most important supplement.

Comment

Originally posted by DEADn View Post
          Has anyone ever just used basic vitamins for their energy without spending a fortune on a company's powder mixed to provide that energy?

I am experimenting with B12 at the moment. I took my first gram of it this morning at 4am before work. I felt a flood of serious energy most of the day today and I didn't come crashing down when it went away. I will continue to do this in the mornings to see if this is a true thing or just some kind of placebo.
          B12 - I haven't noticed a great deal from this vitamin. Is it because I take it before I go to work and my job is primarily a sit down job? Fella at work uses it and can tell when it doesn't take it but he is active at work whereas I am more mentally active than I am physically active. This may skew what B12 does for me.

Comment

Originally posted by scottt View Post
            I use lots of b complex because they are water soluble and must be replaced every day. I think it is probably the most important supplement.
            B complex over B12?

Comment

Vitamin B1 Thiamine Thiamine plays a central role in the generation of energy from carbohydrates. It is involved in RNA and DNA production, as well as nerve function. Its active form is a coenzyme called Thiamine pyrophosphate (TPP), which takes part in the conversion of pyruvate to acetyl Coenzyme A (CoA) in metabolism.[1]
              Vitamin B2 Riboflavin Riboflavin is involved in the energy production for the electron transport chain, the citric acid cycle, as well as the catabolism of fatty acids (beta oxidation)[2]
              Vitamin B3 Niacin
              Niacin is composed of two structures: nicotinic acid and nicotinamide. There are two co-enzyme forms of niacin: nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP). Both play an important role in energy transfer reactions in the metabolism of glucose, fat and alcohol.[3] NAD carries hydrogens and their electrons during metabolic reactions, including the pathway from the citric acid cycle to the electron transport chain. NADP is a coenzyme in lipid and nucleic acid synthesis.[4]
              Vitamin B5 Pantothenic acid Pantothenic acid is involved in the oxidation of fatty acids and carbohydrates. Coenzyme A, which can be synthesised from pantothenic acid, is involved in the synthesis of amino acids, fatty acids, ketones, cholesterol,[5] phospholipids, steroid hormones, neurotransmitters (such as acetylcholine), and antibodies.[6]
              Vitamin B6 Pyridoxine Pyridoxine is usually stored in the body as pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (PLP), which is the co-enzyme form of vitamin B6. Pyridoxine is involved in the metabolism of amino acids and lipids; in the synthesis of neurotransmitters [7] and hemoglobin, as well as in the production of nicotinic acid (vitamin B3).[8] Pyridoxine also plays an important role in gluconeogenesis.
              Vitamin B7 Biotin Biotin plays a key role in the metabolism of lipids, proteins and carbohydrates. It is a critical co-enzyme of four carboxylases: acetyl CoA carboxylase, which is involved in the synthesis of fatty acids from acetate; propionyl CoA carboxylase, involved in gluconeogenesis; β-methylcrotonyl Coa carboxylase, involved in the metabolism of leucin; and pyruvate CoA carboxylase, which is involved in the metabolism of energy, amino acids and cholesterol.[9]
              Vitamin B9 Folic Acid Folic acid acts as a co-enzyme in the form of tetrahydrofolate (THF), which is involved in the transfer of single-carbon units in the metabolism of nucleic acids and amino acids. THF is involved in pyrimidine nucleotide synthesis, so is needed for normal cell division, especially during pregnancy and infancy, which are times of rapid growth. Folate also aids in erythropoiesis, the production of red blood cells.[10]
              Vitamin B12 Cobalamin Vitamin B12 is involved in the cellular metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and lipids. It is essential in the production of blood cells in bone marrow, nerve sheaths and proteins.[11] Vitamin B12 functions as a co-enzyme in intermediary metabolism for the methionine synthase reaction with methylcobalamin, and the methylmalonyl CoA mutase reaction with adenosylcobalamin

Comment

I had a deficiency and the doctor prescribed me b-12 injections. I stopped taking them because they raise hematocrit levels and instead use b complex. I noticed after taking them for awhile my blood pressure lowered.

Comment

I had a deficiency and the doctor prescribed me b-12 injections. I stopped taking them because they raise hematocrit levels and instead use b complex. I noticed after taking them for awhile my blood pressure lowered.
                  Might be a good thing for me. I am on bp medicine.

Comment

Do you use a certain brand of B complex?

Comment

No I buy them at Sam's or Walmart nothing special. I take two to four time's the dosage.

Comment

Vitamins will not and cannot give you the energy compared to a pre-workout.

Comment

Personally, I also take B12. Along with the other B vitamins, vitamin B12 helps transform the food you eat into energy that your cells can use. It also keeps your body’s nerves and blood cells healthy and helps prevent a type of anemia. He is found naturally in a variety of animal proteins, such as meat, fish and dairy products. It is not always possible to get it from food, so I take supplements. I order at the Canadian Pharmacy.
                          Last edited by Vanter12; November 4th, 2020, 04:32 AM.

Comment

https://www.herbdoc.com/superfood-plus

This will give you quick energy.

Comment

Working...
                            X