L-Carnitine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-Carnitine

I added L-Carnitine in as workout supplement on the recommendation of Goon.
    One thing I noticed right away was an increase in energy during my workout.

I am older, 61, and based on research L-Carnitine has properties that are beneficial to older people, some specific for older bodybuilders.

I am in a bodybuilding pre-competition prep cycle and it will be interesting to see my results from using this supplement.

More on L-Carnitine here: https://examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/
    Last edited by Daibhí O'Buadain; April 27th, 2018, 10:42 AM.

My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

I thought L-carnitine supplementation results in an increased production of TMA in the body, and an increased risk of heart issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Aliwen View Post
      I thought L-carnitine supplementation results in an increased production of TMA in the body, and an increased risk of heart issues?
      If TMA = timethylamine oxide (TMAO) I would think that the possible increased production of TMA and associated increased risk of heart issues is related to high dosages of L-carnitine supplementation over an extended period of time.
      I will do some follow-up research and see what I can find.

Comment

i use to use it and it worked great for me. i miss usin' it.
        MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

Originally posted by Aliwen View Post
          Based on what I have read to this point, the heart risk you are talking about is related to the findings of one small study using 10 test subjects.
          The finding of that limited study was that carnitine may react with gut bacteria to increase TMAO levels in a small test sample population resulting in an increased risk of heart disease

That study is countered by a Mayo Clinic study using 3600 patients.

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.or...127-4/fulltext

Comment

Working...
          X