• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by emazur24 View Post
    high carb/ high protein/ lowwww fat on lifting days
    high protein/moderate-high fat/ lowwww (35 g) carbs on off days
    1 cheat meal per week

Someone done lied to you!!! Fat is THE most anabolic of all 3 macros yet on your most demanding days you have ,as you say, lowwww fat.....

Fat should be 20 to 25% of total calories.....Keep in mind a nobel prize in medicine was awarded on a diet based on 30% fat intake and that was due to fat LOSS issues... So I think you might be offbeat a bit with the need for fats....
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

• Hey everyone - my first post here.

I never really count my carbs at all although there will be days/times when I'm slightly "carb conscious". If I had to guess I'd say between 300-400 but I really don't know.

I'm a fitness instructor and PT so the volume of exercise I do through my lifting and classes means I can keep the fat off reasonably well

Comment

• I eat between 100-150 carbs per day more no.

Comment

• I generally stay below 50g/day off-season (not counting fibrous carbs) during the week, and don't count carbs on the weekend. Pre-contest, I get about 4-8g/day from my protein powder, and that's it (again, not counting fibrous carbs)...no rice, no potatoes, no nothin'.

For me, carbs are the enemy. I look at a potato and gain 10lbs...even if I'm doing 2 hours of cardio per day.
          Somewhere between Occam's Razor & Murphy's Law

Comment

• 350g carbs @ 185lbs

Comment

• i was having around 150g of carbs a day at 180lb bw but i noticed that since upping my carbs to around 200-250g ive gained some strength and a bit of muscle mass it seems like my body likes carbohydrates but i mostly eat barrels of oatmeal and then not counting vegtables like spinach, tomatoes ect. pw ill have oats but throw a few spoons of brown sugar or syrup on it.

Comment

• 200 on non workout days about 300 on workout days. 5-7" 202lbs 10% b.F. I keep carbs low, this way when I'm gaining some fat, I can just do hard cardio and drop it while bulking.

Comment

• Originally posted by oklahomeskillet View Post
                  I generally stay below 50g/day off-season (not counting fibrous carbs) during the week, and don't count carbs on the weekend. Pre-contest, I get about 4-8g/day from my protein powder, and that's it (again, not counting fibrous carbs)...no rice, no potatoes, no nothin'.

For me, carbs are the enemy. I look at a potato and gain 10lbs...even if I'm doing 2 hours of cardio per day.

TIPSTA what are your thoughts on this.. im on around 100-150 a day ..

i will carb up once a week 400.. i can gain on this the same as 500g ....
                  but i get fat off 500g .... i depends on your body type !
                  you know why you are training, if you dont get out !

Comment

• Probably 650-750 grams of carbs per day!
                    Speed Kills, Strength Punishes

Comment

• Originally posted by BGOO101 View Post
                      TIPSTA what are your thoughts on this.. im on around 100-150 a day ..

i will carb up once a week 400.. i can gain on this the same as 500g ....
                      but i get fat off 500g .... i depends on your body type !

What are my thoughts on what? Having to starve yourselves of carbs? I hate it for you and it sucks to be you. You need to eat the MAXIMUM amount that keeps you 100% saturated with glycogen but doesnt spill you over MUCH or cause fat gain..... Like I said a million times....Its not the carbs making you fat its the fact the overall protein at that meal is too high from the proteins within those carbs....I'm right 99.9% of the time with this when guys PM their diets over...

Have you any idea how hard it is to fill a leaky bucket and thats what your muscles are.....Constantly depleting....Hence why its not the carbs...Assuming your workouts match your carb intake...Thats also usually a culprit....

Comment

• Tipsta, did you listen to No Bull Radio with Scott Connelly. He basically says that carbs do nothing but promote fat storage and we can build the most amount of muscle possible in a ketogenic diet with just high protein and adequate essential fats. What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by philborg View Post
                          Tipsta, did you listen to No Bull Radio with Scott Connelly. He basically says that carbs do nothing but promote fat storage and we can build the most amount of muscle possible in a ketogenic diet with just high protein and adequate essential fats. What do you think?
                          Try it and when you look like you went through a vaccuum cleaner dont come asking me for help....Steroids are osmotic!!!! Carbs store in the muscle as air does in a balloon and I want to be SWOLE 24/7. Drug free bodybuilding is an entirely different animal....

So now its Keto for weight gain...........Trying to learn all this is tough but I'll get it......

Why even bothering carbing up for a show it wont make you any bigger looking......

Secret......Bodybuilders are COSMETIC athletes.....Carbs = SIZE.......
                          Last edited by Tipsta; December 3rd, 2008, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
                            Try it and when you look like you went through a vaccuum cleaner dont come asking me for help....Steroids are osmotic!!!! Carbs store in the muscle as air does in a balloon and I want to be SWOLE 24/7. Drug free bodybuilding is an entirely different animal....

So now its Keto for weight gain...........Trying to learn all this is tough but I'll get it......

Why even bothering carbing up for a show it wont make you any bigger looking......

Secret......Bodybuilders are COSMETIC athletes.....Carbs = SIZE.......

hey Tipsta just wondering I know you bulk on as many carbs as possible while using gdas and that's cool, I think more people should try that, cause it does a great job of keeping you hard while minimizing bf... so I was just wondering, what is your approach for a cut? do you drop carbs somewhat, what about protein and fat?

Comment

• Originally posted by SG_90 View Post
                              hey Tipsta just wondering I know you bulk on as many carbs as possible while using gdas and that's cool, I think more people should try that, cause it does a great job of keeping you hard while minimizing bf... so I was just wondering, what is your approach for a cut? do you drop carbs somewhat, what about protein and fat?

Same as anybody elses approach. Carbs and fats are lowered slightly and cardio is added. Protein never ever changes its total # . Sometimes theres less direct protein and more indirect from the carbs but the total # is the same.

Crazy question but if something aids in storing glycogen into the muscle at a higher rate while creating less spillover why wouldnt it be a staple in anyones supplement plan?

I just like that grainy, dry look. Call me crazy I guess.....

Comment

• Hey Tipsta,

I sent you a PM. Thanks.
                                "Don't wish for a lighter load, wish for broader shoulders." ~Michael J. Fox

Comment

Working...
                                X