This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vargasty View Post
    I've grown on high protein moderate fat and virtually no carbs so you are mistaken. I definitly believe in carbs for bulking around 2 g per body weight bt protein and essential fats are what build muscle.

POST PICS!!! CHOP CHOP!!! Unless its drug induced
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

Currently:

Leg day 435
      Upper Body 375
      Off/Cardio day 275

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
        POST PICS!!! CHOP CHOP!!! Unless its drug induced
        I do not own a digital camera, sorry.

Comment

wel varg you can afford juice so you should be able to shell out for one, they're a great tool for assessing your physique and progress over the years

Comment

I eat 125g of very low GI carbs daily.My healthy fat in take is high.By healthy fats I mean omega 3 fats from fish oil ONLY.None of that Dave Polumbo BS nut oil nonsense.Most of those oils are burned for energy and don't make the conversions well.Since I switched soley to Omegas from fish oil I've made tremedous muscular gains..even while "OFF". Wish I tried this much sooner..that's for sure!!!

~RR

Comment

Originally posted by PECS View Post
              I can only stay on that carb load for about 4 maybe 5 weeks at a time though, then I seem to become Hypo... so I lower down for a week or two, and then back up.
              if i ate like that i would become a sumo wrestler.

i eat 20-30 carbs per day.

Comment

normally 90-200, right now, 50-65
                TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                www.fitcorps.net

Comment

AROUND 2 GRAMS PER POUND OF BODY WEIGHT

Comment

Anybody care to talk about insulin sensitivity?

Comment

What about it?

Comment

Originally posted by PECS View Post
                        Almost all (unless I just HAVE to have a 3muskateer bar, crabings suck) come from Rice, Oats or whatever. But I have no delusions of being single digit BF%'s... I prefer to eat, and be stronger and be bigger. Although I am not fat, around 13-15% at the most.
                        Structureally i'm not a big guy, or naturally strong, my joints are almost the same size as my wifes, so if I do not eat high carbs my strength sucks.
                        But by doing so I have managed over the years to go from 6-2 160 pounds, to around 235-240 pounds currently and have been as heavy as 270 pounds no more than 15%BF. Still have abs, just not etched and seperated.

I have been a 5-10 and under to often zero a day COMPLEX carber for years. I have most often had amazing abs that besides a serious ab-specific training program, I attibute mainly to having and maintaining such a clean digestive tract troughout as much of my 24 hr day as i can.
                        I have never competed in Bodybuliding nor have i ever wanted prior to the past 8 mths on any solid decision, to gain massive amounts of muscle, so much as just be dense and functional.. so i'm still pretty tiny and I am fml.

I am just about to come into a new program where I plan to cycle 4 weeks of as many days of as close to 600 grams ( at this stage) of which atm i plan to make up with various chain WM & Barley products/ yams/ a medium chain carb formular ( with reasonable fat content) and then whatever fruit and veg i do on top of that.. plenty of watermelon / additional fibre supplement varied fluids of varied ph and temperature + maybe 4 x / day bcaa sup to buffer the insulin along wih my regular whey protein and milk and juices ..
                        and then 4 weeks of nooo complex carbs and no fat but plenty of fruictose to rip back down and cleanse my tract with so i'm still able to work my abdominals deep enough and from ranges lengths and directions that will still give me my privatelty fabulous abdominals.. which if I thought i would loose.. I would abort on.

I think the key to that many carbs and still being able to rip and work deep enough through the abs .. and for everything that means to the rest of my other body part training , is the types of carb chains that you do it on.

I have no idea if I can pull this off, but if i do,.. i am winning each of those that damming competitions i have my eye on and at this stage I am feeling okay to go ahead.

Particularly after Layne's article, I dont think i will maintain that for more than a few years before i let myself shrink again and resume my regular program and lighter denser frame and maybe find a new challenge. So much fun. I wish me 'luck' and same to you. 1000 is just crazy. I hope it works out for you .

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

im on 135 carbs and only 100 grams of protein......i know wtf. Im a 155 pound woman...im thinking this guy who wrote my diet doesn't know what hes doing....shouldn't my protein be a little higher????? im scared im going to lose muscle!

p.s all my carbs come from whole wheat toast....... and one red bliss potato??? does that sound like a recipe for disaster?

Comment

Originally posted by PowerMania View Post
                            im on 135 carbs and only 100 grams of protein......i know wtf. Im a 155 pound woman...im thinking this guy who wrote my diet doesn't know what hes doing....shouldn't my protein be a little higher????? im scared im going to lose muscle!

p.s all my carbs come from whole wheat toast....... and one red bliss potato??? does that sound like a recipe for disaster?

Protein should be at 1.25 to 1.75 grams per lb of LBM for women. Carbs should be at 2.35 grams per lb of LBM minus 50 to 150. ALL macros divided evenly except for PWO. Carbs should be 1.5 of each meal and last meal .5

Comment

I've made CONSIDERABLE gains this past year keeping carbs at 75-180 grams durign my balk phase and not allowing them to go over 64 during my current prep.
                              TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                              www.fitcorps.net

Comment

Originally posted by hossjob View Post
                                I've made CONSIDERABLE gains this past year keeping carbs at 75-180 grams durign my balk phase and not allowing them to go over 64 during my current prep.

May I ask one question? If so, do you or have you used anabolics ever?

Plain and simple they change body structure and chemistry forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X