Substitution for eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Substitution for eggs

Hey I'm in college and I'm finding it to be real hard to cook eggs every day because I don't have kitchen access in my fraternity. I was wondering if there is an alternative route to either cooking the eggs or getting some sort of the same nutritional value from another source. Any help is appreciated.

-Nsharp

im in college too and i just microwave them, they taste like a buttcheek but u gotta get em down, melt some fat free cheese on them too for some extra taste if u need it, i also use sugar free ketchup to get it down

Comment

Try some liquid egg whites and add it to a shake..... Egg Whites International or Lana's Eggwhites. These are pasteurized and ready to drink.

Comment

Liquid eggs whites are a good solution to your problem. You can get liquid egg whites at any supermarket. Half of a large carton will provide just under 50 grams of protein. Make sure you get the "100% liquid egg whites"... the yellow ones like Egg Beaters are full of dyes, garlic salt, and onion powder.... and they are tough to gag down!!

Comment

The packages of pre-cooked chicken breasts are another alternative. They're not the tastiest things in the world, but you can throw a little salt, pepper, of Mrs. Dash on them before microwaving and make them quite palatable.

You can also dip them in some low cal, low carb Bachelor Sauce. Want the recipe?

*A few gobs of Ketchup
          *A couple spoonfuls of Mustard
          *a dash or two of your favorite hot sauce.
          - a spoonful of light Mayo if you're daring, or bulking

Mix ingredients in something that can hold it, prefereably a small bowl. Use the index finger to save time and water since it's also a measuring device AND a pre-taste tester. Stir until it all becomes one color.

Take one chicken breast, dip in Bachelor Sauce about 1/4 of the way up, insert in mouth, chew, swallow. Repeat until chicken is gone. You may get another if desired.
          "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Comment

What's the difference between eggs and these Omega 3 eggs I'm reading about on here. I just bought a carton of them but havent made any yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobsterbukket View Post
              im in college too and i just microwave them, they taste like a buttcheek but u gotta get em down, melt some fat free cheese on them too for some extra taste if u need it, i also use sugar free ketchup to get it down
              X2. I just use a little bit of sea salt, or a fat free butter/cheese flavoring.

Comment

just drink the bastards raw.Plug your nose and chase it with something

Comment

Originally posted by skinny View Post
                  just drink the bastards raw.Plug your nose and chase it with something

No, do not listen to this idiotic advise.

And btw, My mom's friend showed me a trick..

Get as many eggs as you want, crack them into a baggy add whatever type of meat you like in with the egg's.
                  Freeze the baggy with egg's and misc overnight, then when you wake up take the baggy put it in a bowl of water and warm it up in the microwave it works well. Or you can boil them.
                  Obey.

Comment

why is that idiotic?I gained 60 lbs in my first year with raw egg whites as my staple protein.You spelled advice wrong too.People use raw egg whites in shakes all the time mayng,whats the difference if you drink them by themselves?
                    Last edited by skinny; September 9th, 2008, 12:01 AM.

Comment

you're probably gonna tell me that they will make a person sick,just make sure they are always cold,next to freezing.4 degrees celcius or less actually

Comment

If you get the pasteurized egg whites, there's nothing wrong with consuming them raw. But if you're going for just plain ol' eggs raw, I wouldn't do it. Salmonella? No thanks.

Comment

Raw eggs are anabolic. WHOLE eggs....1 dozen or more a day is good for gaining mass. No, you're not gonna get sick. The odds are slim...you're much more likely to get sick at a fast food place or restaurant. Blend up with some vanilla or chocolate protein powder and maybe a little bit of cream for a tasty low carb, very high protein shake

Comment

mabey i was wrong to say it is idiotic, but my friend pulled that and got massive sick.

And all i've heard from people is never eat egg's raw, i still dont think i'd do it.
                            Obey.

Comment

When I was in college I had this thing called the Egg Wave, don't know if they still make it or not, but it was to microwave eggs. Made pretty good eggs too. You could also buy a small griddle for your room or get one of those rubberized omelet makers you can use in the microwave.

If none of those substitutes suit you, realize, you don't HAVE to eat eggs bro. You can eat anything you want for breakfast. For example, I had chicken adn sweet potatos today.
                              TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                              www.fitcorps.net

Comment

Working...
                              X