This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Hey Legend now that there is this new thread is there a way you can repost the diet for the 200 pound man along with recommended supplements? I had it bookmarked on my page, however with the changes I can no longer access it.
    Here is an example Palumbo style diet for a 200lb male. The diet is based on the generic 1.5g pro, and about .5g fat per lb of body weight. I agree with Myth in saying that you should have a meal every 2.5-3 hours you are awake. So, if you are awake longer than normal, you may need to add a meal.

MEAL #1
    4 whole omega-3 eggs + 7 large eggs whites (For the whole eggs, make sure to go with mostly Omega-3 eggs.)

MEAL #2
    "Lean-Pro Meal": 6oz chicken (cooked weight) with 1 Tbs Macadamia nut oil or extra virgin olive oil, and cup green beans.

MEAL #3
    “Pre-Workout”: 50g whey protein isolate + 2 tbs. natural peanut butter or almond butter

MEAL #4
    “Post-Workout”: 50g whey protein isolate + 2 tbs. natural peanut butter or almond butter

MEAL #5
    "Fatty Protein Meal": 6oz of lean ground sirloin (cooked weight) or 7oz salmon (cooked weight), a small green salad. (No tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) w/ tablespoon of extra virgin Olive Oil.

MEAL #6
    4 whole omega-3 eggs + 7 large eggs
    Twinlab Athlete

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post

sucralose by itself is fine. its when companies combine it with fillers like maltodextrin that it becomes unacceptable. always check labels bro. seriously, become an expert at reading them. I have OCD and even double-check every single diet soda label i drink just to make sure they aren't trying to pull the wool over my eyes! lol
      Thanks!!!

Yeah I've become totally anal about checking food/drink/supp labels myself! My girl and I have actually stopped going out to eat(besides our cheat meal), because we want to be sure whats going into our food!

Comment

how many almonds=12g of fat?

Comment

I'm glad this thread is up and running.

Myth and Legend, you guys Rock.

Originally posted by NATURAL PLAT View Post
          20 gms almonds = 12 gms fat

Comment

Originally posted by NATURAL PLAT View Post
            Almonds are .5g fat/g. C'mon bro, stop being lazy and weigh your damn food!
            Myth's training blog:

Comment

Originally posted by diehardlifts View Post
              Thanks!!!

Yeah I've become totally anal about checking food/drink/supp labels myself! My girl and I have actually stopped going out to eat(besides our cheat meal), because we want to be sure whats going into our food!
              Precisely the reason why I go out to eat all of twice a year. If I do go out, I bring my own chicken and nuts in a ziplock bag under my jacket, order a plain green salad, put the food on, and thrown on some salt with maybe some mustard, LOL.

Oh yeah, I do eat at a buffet after my contest, in which case I eat whatever i want, including pizza : ). I eat full fat pizza once every 1.5 years.
              Myth's training blog:

Comment

This is what one of Myth's Whey Slurpees looks like. This is about 50oz, and I have 3 a day, so I'm eating over a gallon of my slurpees a day!
                Attached Files
                Myth's training blog:

Comment

bro those slurpees are crazy!!! i think i have the recepe saveed on my other computer because if not ill be pretty upset lol
                  Primordial Performance Forum Representative

Comment

Originally posted by Legend View Post
                    The Diet:

The premise of the diet is high protein, moderate fat, and very low carbs (no direct sources of carbs). During this diet, the brain goes into ketosis, and uses ketone bodies (fats) for energy. The energy requirements by the body can virtually be completely supplied by fats (which you'll be taking in plenty of). The only activity that uses carbs will be the weight workout which may use 40-50g per workout. You will get this 40-50g indirectly through the foods you eat. As a backup, the re-feed meal, or re-feed day you'll be having once per week will provide a storehouse of glycogen (glucose) in case of emergency. So, very little gluconeogenesis in the liver will be occurring. Remember, it takes 3-6 days to get into a strong ketosis where your brain is using ketone bodies (fats), instead of carbs, for energy. Be patient.

Re-feed:

After you complete 2 solid weeks (at least 14 days) on the diet, start having a re-feed meal, or re-feed day once per week. Its up to you to figure out which one works best for you. HAVE YOUR RE-FEED ON THE SAME DAY EVERY WEEK, and if you choose a one meal re-feed, make it the last meal of the day. Eat what you are craving, but try to avoid trans fats. (hydrogenated oil)

What wouold you think about the same exact diet and training but instead of 40-50 carbs a person would run 70-90 but with no re-feed days at all.

Goal weight loss but just at a slower pace and with some more eating options. I did keto and loved it, lost 25lbs in 4 weeks, 20 after re-hydration so it works but I just can't run the 40g of carb thing again. I am just looking to be 10% BF so this is not for BB comp.

Comment

I got a supply of PlasmaJet for my bday recently and just wanted to check if it was ok to take on the diet

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post
                        This is what one of Myth's Whey Slurpees looks like. This is about 50oz, and I have 3 a day, so I'm eating over a gallon of my slurpees a day!
                        Do you hold you nose when you eat it or what!?

Comment

Originally posted by pYUNEit View Post
                          Do you hold you nose when you eat it or what!?
                          why would I do that? sorry, I didn't catch the joke....
                          Myth's training blog:

Comment

Originally posted by pYUNEit View Post
                            I got a supply of PlasmaJet for my bday recently and just wanted to check if it was ok to take on the diet
                            It only has 1.2 carbs per serving, so that is fine. : )
                            Myth's training blog:

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
                              What wouold you think about the same exact diet and training but instead of 40-50 carbs a person would run 70-90 but with no re-feed days at all.

Goal weight loss but just at a slower pace and with some more eating options. I did keto and loved it, lost 25lbs in 4 weeks, 20 after re-hydration so it works but I just can't run the 40g of carb thing again. I am just looking to be 10% BF so this is not for BB comp.
                              There are no direct sources of carbs eaten, so, its not that you shoot for a certain number of carbs, (40-50g) some just end up taking in that many from indirect carb sources like All natural PB, veggies, fiber supps, etc. A lot of people end up with about 20-30g for the day.

40-50g is usually the recommended max number of carbs that can be taken in and still remain in ketosis. However, there are some people who can take in 85-100g and stll stay in ketosis.

Usually, when 85-100g of carbs a taken in, the brain will shift in and out of ketosis, and you'll feel like shit. If the no direct carb source protocol is followed, the brain will use ketones as fuel, blood sugar remains stable, and you'll feel great all the time.

During ketosis, the re-feed meal, or meals are necessary, even if you discover you can take in 85-100g carbs and still be in ketosis.

Why do you feel you can't run the 40g carbs again? What did you feel like?
                              Twinlab Athlete

Comment

Myth....dont post a slurpee pic without re posting the recipe bro.

Legend...is theuse of GDA's ever recommended? Supposedly if you want to do KETO and you use GDA in conjunction with carbs around your workout...you will be back in ketosis with 2 hrs...

I am specifically talking about metformin aka glucophage.

Comment

Working...
                                X