This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legend View Post
    There are no direct sources of carbs eaten, so, its not that you shoot for a certain number of carbs, (40-50g) some just end up taking in that many from indirect carb sources like All natural PB, veggies, fiber supps, etc. A lot of people end up with about 20-30g for the day.

40-50g is usually the recommended max number of carbs that can be taken in and still remain in ketosis. However, there are some people who can take in 85-100g and stll stay in ketosis.

Usually, when 85-100g of carbs a taken in, the brain will shift in and out of ketosis, and you'll feel like shit. If the no direct carb source protocol is followed, the brain will use ketones as fuel, blood sugar remains stable, and you'll feel great all the time.

During ketosis, the re-feed meal, or meals are necessary, even if you discover you can take in 85-100g carbs and still be in ketosis.

Why do you feel you can't run the 40g carbs again? What did you feel like?
    Damn, I guess I will have to just eat a specific calorie amount and lose fat that way.

I am just burned out on KETO, plus after a KETO I am crazy hungry for about a month...thus some big re-gaiining of fat.

My LBM is 190, and I am 230 so I will just try a 2800 cal a day diet and hope to level off around 210 in the next 3-4 months.

Comment

Hey Myth and Legend, can you tell me why I would be NOT registering ketosis on keto sticks? I counted the most carbs I have taken in was 46 carbs all from indirect sources like anpb and almonds. So

Comment

Also Myth, can I use splenda in your slurpees in stead of stevia or should I just go buy the stevia?

Comment

Those ketostix are pretty inaccurate...and even on the keto diet you are unlikely to register more than trace ketones anyway. How many days since you started the diet / had a refeed? I don't tend to use the sticks, but if you're only taking in incidental carbs and have the energy to work as normal and train then don't worry, you are definitely in ketosis.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight9 View Post
            Myth....dont post a slurpee pic without re posting the recipe bro.
            MYTH'S WHEY SLURPEE (FOR THE LAST F-N TIME!)

4-5 CUPS ICE
            WHEY
            12OZ DIET SODA
            STEVIA TO SWEETEN
            NUT BUTTER
            PRE-SOAKED PSYLLIUM HUSK
            Myth's training blog:

Comment

Originally posted by milkhouse View Post
              Hey Myth and Legend, can you tell me why I would be NOT registering ketosis on keto sticks? I counted the most carbs I have taken in was 46 carbs all from indirect sources like anpb and almonds. So
              According to those retarded sticks, I'm still in ketosis after eating 4000 carbs I think a big reason is the fact that if you drink a lot of water, your piss will be too diluted to register accurate results. You have to be dehydrated as hell, with dark yellow piss.

Originally posted by milkhouse View Post
              Also Myth, can I use splenda in your slurpees in stead of stevia or should I just go buy the stevia?
              Can't use Splenda on the keto diet, period, bro. If not on keto, then of course its fine. Splenda is a joke anyway. Its one of the most successful marketing scams in history! Stick with calorie-free stevia or even the nre Truvia, which contains an extremely low calorie sweetener called erythritol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythritol
              Myth's training blog:

Comment

Originally posted by Knight9 View Post
                Myth....dont post a slurpee pic without re posting the recipe bro.

Legend...is the use of GDA's ever recommended? Supposedly if you want to do KETO and you use GDA in conjunction with carbs around your workout...you will be back in ketosis with 2 hrs...

I am specifically talking about metformin aka glucophage.

During a ketosis diet, have your Waxy/Vitargo, or whatever carb source you choose PWO. With a dose of Metformin, you will be back in ketosis in 1-2 hours.

Do I recommend this?.....No, but only because I've never tried this before. I have no buisness recommending something I've never tried myself.

Some people say it works great, but I don't know.

The perfect person to ask about this exact subject would be RR.
                Twinlab Athlete

Comment

Can't use Splenda on the keto diet, period, bro. If not on keto, then of course its fine. Splenda is a joke anyway. Its one of the most successful marketing scams in history! Stick with calorie-free stevia or even the nre Truvia, which contains an extremely low calorie sweetener called erythritol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythritol[/QUOTE]

I find that Truvia leaves an horrific after taste - I made the cinnamon eggs with it and was struggling to keep it down . Have you tried it Myth? How does it compare to Stevia?

Comment

I find that Truvia leaves an horrific after taste - I made the cinnamon eggs with it and was struggling to keep it down . Have you tried it Myth? How does it compare to Stevia?
                    No I haven't tasted erythritol. But thank you for warning me; I'll probably never buy it now. Stevia is my best friend and I'm sticking with it for the long haul. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
                    Last edited by Myth; February 4th, 2009, 10:43 PM.
                    Myth's training blog:

Comment

Glad to see your thread MYTH!
                      www.MuscleThreadz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Legend View Post
                        During a ketosis diet, have your Waxy/Vitargo, or whatever carb source you choose PWO. With a dose of Metformin, you will be back in ketosis in 1-2 hours.

Do I recommend this?.....No, but only because I've never tried this before. I have no buisness recommending something I've never tried myself.

Some people say it works great, but I don't know.

The perfect person to ask about this exact subject would be RR.

i have not tried metformin yet its pretty easy for me to get, however PSLIN seems to be really great for me, depending on carb intake you cand use up to 800mg and stay fairly close to ketosis. if not be back in ketosis in the same time as if you take the metformin.
                        Primordial Performance Forum Representative

Comment

got y'all own thread on MD WTF... LOL
                          you know why you are training, if you dont get out !

Comment

Myth on a refeed day if using vitargo as the carb source pre and post workout would you still take your cheaters relief 15min proir to these shakes?

Comment

Originally posted by bigsteak View Post
                              Myth on a refeed day if using vitargo as the carb source pre and post workout would you still take your cheaters relief 15min proir to these shakes?
                              Only if I was using massive amounts, like at least 150-200g carbs worth at each shake. But you would never catch me training on the HOLY refeed day! lol

Another thing: always pour out the powder from the caps and swig it down. Otherwise they do not digest thoroughly. I found this out the hard way. : )
                              Myth's training blog:

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post
                                I definitely will do that next week! I just have to put a disclaimer stating that I am not liable for any heart attacks caused by viewing such dramatic pictures, LOL.
                                Despite many of us beating our heads against the wall in conversation, I remember someone once stating such weight gains could never be accomplished from diet alone... your photos are the best proof thus far.
                                Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

Working...
                                X