JOJ & Branch Warren Back Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin27 View Post
    What are you talking about? 260 + lb pull ups are easy? Pull ups are a great exercise no matter how big you are.

I'm just saying, if he's "the world's strongest bodybuilder" than he should be doing pull-ups easily.
    The bigger you are the harder pullups are if you don't do them consistently
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from the manufacturer instead of a marketing company I get my supplements at www.truenutrition.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin27 View Post
      What are you talking about? 260 + lb pull ups are easy? Pull ups are a great exercise no matter how big you are.

I'm just saying, if he's "the world's strongest bodybuilder" than he should be doing pull-ups easily.
      never said they were easy ,,very hard but the damage to the elbows at high reps is fkkd,,what im saying is alot of guys have huge arms for their frames and get more bicept in their pullup than they do back so they should add weight and drop the reps unless they are going for endurance..

Comment

Originally posted by Canucklehead View Post
        LOL, pics or it didn't happen...
        Originally posted by Titlow View Post
        Yea I would love to see someone rowing their bodyweight!
        Ill put up pics for you so you can see what a rowing your bodyweight looks like..lol
        Last edited by Nate; January 3rd, 2012, 10:16 PM. Reason: QUOTE SLAUGHTER FIX

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
          Even Arnold didnīt have 19" arms at that BW.
          no shit and he would get slapped at a local show in light heavy showing up with the legs he had

Comment

Originally posted by hunter3boxer View Post
            according to josh bryant from what he told me at metroflex johnny is weighing around 250 right now and is gonna attempt around a 900 deadlift
            Good luck with that. Hope he doesn't pull his hamstring again.

He is strong but Stan would kick his arse in a proper PL'ing meet, especially a raw meet. Stan has something like a 2,200lb RAW total, with all respect JOJ probably wouldn't hit that in an equipped meet.

Comment

Two Favorite pro's to watch train for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini Forklift View Post
                Good luck with that. Hope he doesn't pull his hamstring again.

He is strong but Stan would kick his arse in a proper PL'ing meet, especially a raw meet. Stan has something like a 2,200lb RAW total, with all respect JOJ probably wouldn't hit that in an equipped meet.
                finally someone with brain here. thanks man. this ridiculous JJ hype being the strongest is just way too much.

to all other idiots again: Stan holds the raw world record (no knee wraps). And correct, he hit 2226 pounds at the SPF meet, he is not just fukin stronger than JJ, he is fukin stronger than anyone b/n 242 and 275. Period.

one last thing, Stan beat JJ total by over 100ponds with just bench and Dead, should they also squat Stan would probably beat him by over 300Pounds.
                WDFPF Powerlifting Nationals 2nd place in -110kg

Comment

and I hardly ever get excited on the forums here, but this MMuscletech marketing off JJ is just too much. JJ is nowhere on the powerlifting world.

and yes. I like following BBing, but I consider myself a powerlifter, and do compete only in powerlifting. fuk all "JJ is the strongest BBer" girls
                  WDFPF Powerlifting Nationals 2nd place in -110kg

Comment

Why is Johnnie focusing on power lifting again after he had one of his best bodybuilding seasons ever? He went all out on bodybuilding and was very successful. He should have kept up the momentum.

He was on the cusp of being an elite bodybuilder, now he will go backwards again....
                    "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology ... Better. Stronger. Faster."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin27 View Post
                      Why is Johnnie focusing on power lifting again after he had one of his best bodybuilding seasons ever? He went all out on bodybuilding and was very successful. He should have kept up the momentum.

He was on the cusp of being an elite bodybuilder, now he will go backwards again....
                      The Olympia is where it's at and he's lucky if he places inside the top 10. Maybe he's sick of getting what he deems to be unfair placings?

Comment

• Originally posted by bbrrookie View Post
                        yea man he needs to do somethign different when it comes to working out legs. maybe like brandon curry did. he brought up his legs compared to how they looked earlier in his career
                        you would win for dumbest comment if it wasn't for the troll. johnnie has some of the worst legs in bodybuilding but his training partner has some of the best......it's just his genetics and there's really not much he can do about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mross View Post
                          ...it's just his genetics and there's really not much he can do about it.
                          It's not like he squats with light weight. They've always been a weak part for him compared to his upper body, he has one of the thickest chests around though.

Comment

• Def probably tear another muscle.. My bet is lat tear.
                            IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

Comment

• He'll probably pull his bicep before his lat gives out, it's a pretty common injury for PL'ers.

Comment

• Agreed... could be bicep also... both bodyparts he's looking to improve on. At his age, he's risking injury big time. Hope he makes it to the AC.
                                IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

Comment

Working...
                                X