Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

Arnold Classic 2012 Play-By-Play w/Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone & Flex Wheeler! PACKED WITH PHOTOS!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by He-Man View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't buy that. It's his second ASC and I'm sure he's been out in the crowd at quite a few of these comps and watched even more ASC videos. You don't get dressed and leave until you know for sure that the show is over. This was either a rookie level mistake or a temper tantrum.
    I am really not sure. Part of me agrees with you then the other part wonders why he would just give away money like that and potentially future endorsements.

Comment

• Originally posted by rn3040 View Post

Glad you posted this because I saw the same thing last yr at the AC. Wolf's back and Evan's back are better than Warren's back. People need to stop talking about Wolf's back. He has way more detail and his lat spread is better. I think Evan is the most complete here in terms of back, condition, hamstrings and calves. Just total flow. It's clear to me who is third here. Granted Branch has good hams/calves but that is it. IMHO. Thickness is only good if you have the detail. Detail comes with hard work and development to you know. Bottom line..all these people cannot be wrong. Again, I write this with the utmost respect to all the competitors.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFuture View Post
        I am really not sure. Part of me agrees with you then the other part wonders why he would just give away money like that and potentially future endorsements.
        I don't know either? But I can't imagine a seasoned pro like HOSS making a mistake like this. Hes been in enough shows to know this....and why leave so early anyways? Its the ARNOLD, hang out and soak up the vibe right. Him getting dressed and leaving so early is suspect.
        FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Comment

• I agree with you, you can say Wolf didn't have the hardness in the halms and he lacks calves. Branch has halms/glutes but his back was holding water (even Palumbo and crew agreed) and he has no lat spread - Evan has halms/glutes/calves AND a complete upper body in great condition

DJ, HEATH, and CHAD
          http://www.flexonline.com/news/conte...pia-phil-heath
          Last edited by rn3040; March 4, 2012, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I don't know either? But I can't imagine a seasoned pro like HOSS making a mistake like this. Hes been in enough shows to know this....and why leave so early anyways? Its the ARNOLD, hang out and soak up the vibe right. Him getting dressed and leaving so early is suspect.
            If he didn't act the way he did at the Flex Pro , I wouldn't even question his explanation but because of those actions and his past as a hot head I guess his behavior is more suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by rn3040 View Post
              I agree with you, you can say Wolf didn't have the hardness in the halms and he lacks calves. Branch has halms/glutes but his back was holding water (even Palumbo and crew agreed) and he has no lat spread - Evan has halms/glutes/calves AND a complete upper body in great condition

DJ, HEATH, and CHAD
              http://www.flexonline.com/news/conte...pia-phil-heath
              Don't forget Branch has 17 inch arms

Comment

• Well, I'm supposed to go to wrestle mania on April first in Miami but shit I feel like I just watched it last night, this fixed bull shit

Wolf and Evan destroyed Warren, anybody who thinks otherwise is just straight up ruh-tarded

Comment

I'm sorry but I don't buy that. It's his second ASC and I'm sure he's been out in the crowd at quite a few of these comps and watched even more ASC videos. You don't get dressed and leave until you know for sure that the show is over. This was either a rookie level mistake or a temper tantrum.
                  Originally posted by TheFuture View Post
                  If he didn't act the way he did at the Flex Pro , I wouldn't even question his explanation but because of those actions and his past as a hot head I guess his behavior is more suspect.
                  In regards to Fouad f*cking up... 2+2 = 4. Did anyone else see the way he walked off stage after his individual posing routine?
                  BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Comment

• Usually it seems that both the fans and the media personalities generally agree with who they feel should have won, regardless of the judges . For the first time in awhile it seems that is not really the case, while a few of the guys (Kevin , Shawn) have stated they would have given the edge to Wolf no one really seems to be outraged. Both Dave and Chris had Branch and so did Dennis, Chad and Phil, I am a little perplexed at this. I totally believe that they have a greater pallet for discussing the complexities of physique judging but Evan and Wolf both showed an aesthetically pleasing physique with plenty of mass and conditioning and while Branch has tons of muscle and was also well conditioned he gets blown away by these guys from the back and even in the front in many poses. Branch is not out massing these guys the way Dorian or Ronnie did in the 90's and at least those guys still had a certain level of beauty to their physiques . It would be nice if a few of the media guys would discuss what gives a guy like Branch the edge over the more appealing physiques like Evan and Wolf, because it has been tough for me to grasp. With all of that said like I said earlier I have a lot of respect for Branch and greatly admire him as a person and even as a bodybuilder, so I don't in anyway want it to be thought that I am attacking Branch the man this is a critique of both the judging and the opinions of those in the media. ( This a repost lol)

Comment

• Dennis wolf. This why I and mant others like me won't pay to see these ridiculous contests. I am not a fan of anyone so I can objectively say that Dennis Wolf had the least flaws overall and presentation was good. I say boycott these IFBB shows and show the judges that we want to see the best physique win the show, point blank. They can do whatever they want with the placings and their political interests but they wont do it at my expense.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenTheRN View Post
                        Dennis wolf. This why I and mant others like me won't pay to see these ridiculous contests. I am not a fan of anyone so I can objectively say that Dennis Wolf had the least flaws overall and presentation was good. I say boycott these IFBB shows and show the judges that we want to see the best physique win the show, point blank. They can do whatever they want with the placings and their political interests but they wont do it at my expense.
                        I kind of avoid and strong conspiracy theories because for the most part they are nonsense. I do believe that the judging was fairly legitimate because I really do not see how awarding Branch really benefits the sport or their pockets. I mean clearly Evan or even Wolf would be better representatives for the sport (physique wise especially if Arnold's goal is worldwide appeal and the Olympics), I am perplexed though how the judges come to these decisions and maybe something is wrong with the formula that needs to be adjusted. We go from least conditioned and most aesthetic guy winning one week, to most conditioned (equally conditioned) least aesthetic guy winning the next week. There is no continuity to speak of in the judging and if their is I am unaware of how its being achieved .

Comment

I kind of avoid and strong conspiracy theories because for the most part they are nonsense. I do believe that the judging was fairly legitimate because I really do not see how awarding Branch really benefits the sport or their pockets. I mean clearly Evan or even Wolf would be better representatives for the sport (physique wise especially if Arnold's goal is worldwide appeal and the Olympics), I am perplexed though how the judges come to these decisions and maybe something is wrong with the formula that needs to be adjusted. We go from least conditioned and most aesthetic guy winning one week, to most conditioned (equally conditioned) least aesthetic guy winning the next week. There is no continuity to speak of in the judging and if their is I am unaware of how its being achieved .
                          ^ 1. Muscletech sponsored athlete = in the judges pockets.
                          2. The commotion caused by controversy has always been linked to HIGHER fan/consumer participation.

Comment

• im not a pro bb nor am i a pro judge but after looking at many comparison photos between all three of the top guys i feel they got the top placings backwards. in my opinion i think it shouldve been evan, dennis, branch. evan was top to bottom the best. if your going to be all out honest and judge it with only bodybuilding judging criteria in mind, evan is the clear winner. read the encyclopedia of bodybuildings section on how the ifbb judges a show and its clear something isnt adding up.
                            Hard work + Dedication= MORE MUSCLE.(and haters)

Comment

• Originally posted by majrminer View Post
                              ^ 1. Muscletech sponsored athlete = in the judges pockets.
                              2. The commotion caused by controversy has always been linked to HIGHER fan/consumer participation.
                              1. Is Muscletech still the force in the sport it once was , haven't they cutback alot of their sponsorship ?

2. I really cannot argue with the second point but its tough to believe that we purposefully create controversy to bring more people to the shows it seems a little weird not impossible but weird

Comment

1. Is Muscletech still the force in the sport it once was , haven't they cutback alot of their sponsorship ?

2. I really cannot argue with the second point but its tough to believe that we purposefully create controversy to bring more people to the shows it seems a little weird not impossible but weird
                                1. Not sure. I know they make the most money out of all the supp companies.
                                2. Agreed, but look what happened after the 07 Olympia when Cutler beat Martinez... no fans left the sport. In fact, it's my opinion that MORE fans come on board every year - 17 and 18 year old kids with expendable income who want to get huge... they are what drives this industry growth and the industry knows it. Those ads aren't as effective on 30 year old men as they are on 18 year olds who believe every "University study." The sheep always outnumber the educated, so when a few boycott, there are even more to take their place as fans. I need more education myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X