Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

Arnold Classic 2012 Play-By-Play w/Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone & Flex Wheeler! PACKED WITH PHOTOS!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cory.jo View Post
    WOW, so many hateful post on here it's amazing you call yourself bb'ing fans. Regardless of the outcome how can any of you deny that only 7 months a man tears his quad from the bone and is able to come into a show and look half the way he did. Could you do it? Am I for the "come back" stroyline as a reason to win a show...NO, but all the shit talking about Branch's leg YET all you Wolf lovers seem to forget that the dude has NO LEFT CALF and a high lat insertion. IMO, I think Evan was the most complete "package" (it's a package deal that wins a show) and should have won. Yes Wolf and Evan are bigger guys that Branch structurely but if that was the reason for winning then Gunter Schlierkamp would have won a lot more shows @ 300lbs on stage.
    Even though I thought Evan looked the best up there, I'm not going to sit here and bash Branch as if he's some nobody in this sport who hasn't paid his dues...nor will I blatently disrespect his wife by saying she must have sucked off all the judges like some douche bag did. WTF, I guess you wouldl also bash the 65yr old Arnold for not being as big as he use to be too huh??? Give the guys some credit. All those guys busted their ass's and put their body through hell to leave it at the hands of the judges. They just went up there and did what they are suppose to do.
    If you know as much about bb'ing as you claim to, then you would know by know there are TONS of politics in this sport that aint going away any time soon. So either you take it or leave it.....there's politics involved in every sport.
    And like someone else said, you guys are getting you underoo's in a bunch over a bunch of guys in posing trunks...haha.
    You call yourself a bodybuilding fan? You judge the guys personality and not his physique. You are a fan of bodybuilders, not bodybuilding.

Comment

• ^ @CHODE - Yeah, but Branch's comeback was such an impressive thing! EXTRA POINTS!!
      BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Comment

Here you go, around pg 78. I just thought it was fucked up.

Originally Posted by Sturty
        LOAD OF SHIT, FUCK THE IFBB, WARREN MUST HAVE HIS WIFE SUCKING ALL THE JUDGES DICKS.
        Someone just looking for a reasonable explanation. No reason to bring his wife into it though , on this point we agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chode Logan View Post
          You call yourself a bodybuilding fan? You judge the guys personality and not his physique. You are a fan of bodybuilders, not bodybuilding.
          ^^^What???
          So how does that make any sense when I said Evan should have won because he had the most complete package/physique on that stage this weekend? I still would have said what I said if people were saying the same thing about another competitor if they were in the same situation as Branch too.
          So you can't be a fan of someone for how they represent themselves as a IFBB professional?? I guess you can't stand it when they say he's the people's champ either huh?
          I'm a fan of bodybuilding for many reasons, I compete, I own a gym, I sponsor shows, I watch shows, read the magazines, ect. I am also a fan of different bodybuilders for their physique and the way they represent themselves too. To be honest with you, I'm not a big fan of the mass monster like Branch....or Evan the modern day Jay Cutler. I was happy to see Phil Heath win the O' this past year because of his size and shape. I think Wolf has a great X frame but is totally missing one calf. Evan needs to fill out some areas to match his frame but looked great up there this weekend. And from my first post, I said the come back storyline is no reson for a guy to win....... just saying 7 months after that type of injury/surgery to look they way he did was impressive. Once again I'll ask the question...could you do it?

Comment

• I don't think there ever was a time when people weren't surprised by the judging. Look at the Arnold 2 years ago when they gave the win to Kai of Phil. Or 5 years ago when they gave it Jay over Victor.....Ronnie over Flex....I could go on and on. It happens and it sucks. Wish it would change but I don't think it ever will. We are talking about millions and millions of supplement and magazine companies’ money that influence the judging. It's one of those things that I've learned to accept a while ago or I would have walked away from the sport as a whole.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Comment

I don't think there ever was a time when people weren't surprised by the judging. Look at the Arnold 2 years ago when they gave the win to Kai of Phil. Or 5 years ago when they gave it Jay over Victor.....Ronnie over Flex....I could go on and on. It happens and it sucks. Wish it would change but I don't think it ever will. We are talking about millions and millions of supplement and magazine companies’ money that influence the judging. It's one of those things that I've learned to accept a while ago or I would have walked away from the sport as a whole.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
              This is a bury your face in the sand way to think...but keep doing that if that's what you wish.
              "I'd rather be dead than average" - Mike Maddog Bell

Comment

• I wish it wasn't this way but do you think it'll ever change? How long has it been going on in bodybuilding....years, and it don't seem like it's going to change any time soon. What else can we do? Do you think that Jim Mannion, the judges, the IFBB and the NPC have not gotten thousands of letters from people who are sick of the politics? What else can we do besides just stop supporting the sport? We are supporting them by just posting over and over again on forums just like this....gives them more reason to piss the fans off and keep us logging on to their websites to post our comments.

Comment

I wish it wasn't this way but do you think it'll ever change? How long has it been going on in bodybuilding....years, and it don't seem like it's going to change any time soon. What else can we do? Do you think that Jim Mannion, the judges, the IFBB and the NPC have not gotten thousands of letters from people who are sick of the politics? What else can we do besides just stop supporting the sport? We are supporting them by just posting over and over again on forums just like this....gives them more reason to piss the fans off and keep us logging on to their websites to post our comments.
                  You said we shouldn't complain and now you want us to boycott bodybuilding ? This has been a fun night

Comment

I wish it wasn't this way but do you think it'll ever change? How long has it been going on in bodybuilding....years, and it don't seem like it's going to change any time soon. What else can we do? Do you think that Jim Mannion, the judges, the IFBB and the NPC have not gotten thousands of letters from people who are sick of the politics? What else can we do besides just stop supporting the sport? We are supporting them by just posting over and over again on forums just like this....gives them more reason to piss the fans off and keep us logging on to their websites to post our comments.
                    I'm thinking you should voice your opinion the best way you can if you don't like something. It may or may not make a difference, but at least you'll know that you weren't so discouraged to NOT even care to comment about what you thought took place.
                    "I'd rather be dead than average" - Mike Maddog Bell

Comment

• Originally posted by Lex1247 View Post
                      I'm thinking you should voice your opinion the best way you can if you don't like something. It may or may not make a difference, but at least you'll know that you weren't so discouraged to NOT even care to comment about what you thought took place.
                      1 comment makes no difference. 1 comment multiplied by a thousand, or tens of thousands, makes a huge difference. Apathy never created meaningful change. Action does.

Comment

^^^What???
                        So how does that make any sense when I said Evan should have won because he had the most complete package/physique on that stage this weekend? I still would have said what I said if people were saying the same thing about another competitor if they were in the same situation as Branch too.
                        So you can't be a fan of someone for how they represent themselves as a IFBB professional?? I guess you can't stand it when they say he's the people's champ either huh?
                        I'm a fan of bodybuilding for many reasons, I compete, I own a gym, I sponsor shows, I watch shows, read the magazines, ect. I am also a fan of different bodybuilders for their physique and the way they represent themselves too. To be honest with you, I'm not a big fan of the mass monster like Branch....or Evan the modern day Jay Cutler. I was happy to see Phil Heath win the O' this past year because of his size and shape. I think Wolf has a great X frame but is totally missing one calf. Evan needs to fill out some areas to match his frame but looked great up there this weekend. And from my first post, I said the come back storyline is no reson for a guy to win....... just saying 7 months after that type of injury/surgery to look they way he did was impressive. Once again I'll ask the question...could you do it?
                        Maybe I misread your first post, I thought you said any real bodybuilding fan would thought he won cause he came back from an injury. There is so many threads going on right now that I don't know what the fuck is going on.

And I have yet to injure myself, once I do, I will come back from it. Until then, I can't really answer that question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chode Logan View Post
                          Maybe I misread your first post, I thought you said any real bodybuilding fan would thought he won cause he came back from an injury. There is so many threads going on right now that I don't know what the fuck is going on.

And I have yet to injure myself, once I do, I will come back from it. Until then, I can't really answer that question.
                          ^^ Come on man, hang in there... you're sounding tired... grab some PowerGel packs and get your gameface on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenman552
                            Majrminer what is your deal. Hater or not just shut the fuck up.

Here are some pics that have Warren clearly dominating the competition

He is so much sharper then everyone in this pic. Destroys everyone from the waist down. No contest

http://pics.musculardevelopment.com/..._thumbnail.jpg

Here as well, his biceps destroy wolfs. How can people say that Warren has shitty structure when, Wolf is all over of the place in these shots. Plus his color is terrible.
                            \just realized that these are not zoomed in, o well.
                            I didn't spell check this cause i don't give a fuck about what you think
                            Great 1st post

Comment

Majrminer what is your deal. Hater or not just shut the fuck up.

Here are some pics that have Warren clearly dominating the competition

He is so much sharper then everyone in this pic. Destroys everyone from the waist down. No contest

http://pics.musculardevelopment.com/..._thumbnail.jpg

Here as well, his biceps destroy wolfs. How can people say that Warren has shitty structure when, Wolf is all over of the place in these shots. Plus his color is terrible.
                              \just realized that these are not zoomed in, o well.
                              I didn't spell check this cause i don't give a fuck about what you think
                              ^ Classy. You should join special forces and utilize your anger in a productive manner. I can put in a good word for you

Originally posted by TheFuture View Post
                              Great 1st post
                              ^ He'll have more like this soon. He was willing to write a whole paragraph and use pictures to back up his statement about 1/2 of Branch's body being better than everyone else. Because 1/2, plus biceps is all you need.

Comment

Cory.jo, I agree with you man. Let these guy hate on Branch all they want but he is a world class bb.

I personally think he peaked at the 2009 O.

just amazing

This was not the Branch that was on stage in Columbus, this version would have forced me to reluctantly bite my tongue (Which he does do at times)

Comment

Working...
                                X