judging for the 09 jr. nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• judging for the 09 jr. nationals

wow some of the placings were way off, especially in the middle weight, light heavy weight divisions! check it out! This was a popularity contest for sure.

strong first post
    Chase your dreams.

Comment

i agree 100%

Comment

I will agree in that judging was different than in the past, having done the Jr nats the past two years. Seemed as if conditioning was not awarded as heavily. These judges have their hands full and it has to be a tough job so my props to them, but I see where you are coming from. I really liked the Heavyweight's physique that took second, Rafael , and felt he would have took the overall had he had the chance, but again thats my subjective opinion. I will say that de la Rosa has a very bright future as he has some awesome muscle bellies though!

Comment

NPC judging was off at best!

TYSR,

Appreciate you pointing out Rafael, I went back and looked at the contest photos and he's got great symmetry and shredded in the quads dept - he might be hurting in the calf area. Prior to that, I was scratching my head on Lance Johnson's placing as he was grainy vascular, but now that I seen Rafael's placing it doesn't surprise me.

Comment

YES! Lance Johnson placing so low blew me away very very odd I agree forgot about him...weird??

Comment

I agree especially the middleweights the conditioned guys were not awarded.

Comment

Yes one of my athletes took 8th he should have placed a bit higher I had him sliced and diced

Comment

puzzled as well

THANKS guys....I received some great feedback going into the show and was happy with my prep this year. Maybe they didn't think I was a true HW @ 209, but I would have looked/felt terrible cutting down to LHW.

I was worried about the guys that placed 7th and 10th, so it was across the board on some strange placings. Anyway, back to cardio for Masters in Pittsburgh.

TexxFlexx
                  Lance M. Johnson
                  Last edited by texxflexx; June 26th, 2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Good post, LJ! I know that pictures alone are not conclusive, but just by going through the pictures it was hard to reconcile some of the placings.

Lance may not have been considered a "true heavyweight", but he was definitely top 10 material here at the least.

Hope Lance has the last laugh in Pittsburgh. Look forward to seeing him there.

Comment

I agree on the judging in the middles, and LT Heavies. I dont know what they were looking for. As a competitor all you can do is take it and move on. Delarosa might have a great future but was not in shape especially from behind and the runner up in the class I dont have a clue how he was top five. I also thought the overall should have gone to a heavyweight, anyone of the top 3 in that class.

Comment

I agree, in years past, conditioning seemed to be weighed more heavily at the Juniors. My husband was 9th in the light heavies and his conditioning was pretty damn good (I know I am biased) in my opinion. I thought he should have done better but I agree all you can do is take it and move on. Subjectively judged sports are always going to produce questions and differing opinions. We all know that going in but it still sucks when it happens to you!

Motown congratulations on your placing. I thought you did bring the conditioning needed. Nice to see people from Michigan doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcat22 View Post
                          I agree, in years past, conditioning seemed to be weighed more heavily at the Juniors. My husband was 9th in the light heavies and his conditioning was pretty damn good (I know I am biased) in my opinion. I thought he should have done better but I agree all you can do is take it and move on. Subjectively judged sports are always going to produce questions and differing opinions. We all know that going in but it still sucks when it happens to you!

Motown congratulations on your placing. I thought you did bring the conditioning needed. Nice to see people from Michigan doing well.
                          Your husband looked great - I was just looking at his pics this morning.
                          How tall is he and what did he weigh in at?
                          Troponin Nutritionist

Comment

Thank you Shelby he will appreciate the compliment from you. He was initially real disappointed but got over it fast and began looking ahead. He is 5'9 and weighed in thurs night at 197. He thinks he has at least 5-7lbs to grow in the class as he was regularily 191-192 in the am. He is the first to admit he needs to be bigger.

Let me say that your pics are looking real good to Shelby. Good luck in the Central States. I think your idea of going down to middleweight is logical and I give you credit for making the decision.

We live in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan so we root for all Michigan bodybuilders.

Tracy Mason

Comment

Originally posted by TYSR29 View Post
                              I will agree in that judging was different than in the past, having done the Jr nats the past two years. Seemed as if conditioning was not awarded as heavily. These judges have their hands full and it has to be a tough job so my props to them, but I see where you are coming from. I really liked the Heavyweight's physique that took second, Rafael , and felt he would have took the overall had he had the chance, but again thats my subjective opinion. I will say that de la Rosa has a very bright future as he has some awesome muscle bellies though!
                              true i was there,,, i agree with you...
                              MHP ATHLETE johnathan lee Johnson

Comment

Working...
                              X