judging for the 09 jr. nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motownmuscle1 View Post
    I agree on the judging in the middles, and LT Heavies. I dont know what they were looking for. As a competitor all you can do is take it and move on. Delarosa might have a great future but was not in shape especially from behind and the runner up in the class I dont have a clue how he was top five. I also thought the overall should have gone to a heavyweight, anyone of the top 3 in that class.

You need to show more respect for your competitors. I was the runner up that you mentioned in your post. Instead of bashing me like that, maybe you can offer some constructive criticism? There are things I need to work on but apparantly the judges feel that I was considerably better than you. You are entitled to your opinion of course- just try being a better sport about it.

In my opinion, we were in a very competitive class. The lighting seemed to make everyone look less conditioned than they actually were. I like some of my show pics and absolutely hate others. Regardless, second place was very inspiring for me. I have no official affiliation to any magazine or supplement company. No sponsors, no friends in high places. This was my first national level show so I am "paying my dues" like anyone else. I busted my ass just like the rest of the competitors in our class.

There were people who thought I should have won the class. I placed better than Jon last year at the Eastern USA. He made alot of improvements but so did I.

I'm more inspired than ever and hopefully some day you and I will compete again.

Respectfully,
    Mike Termini

Comment

I dont mean any disrespect to you at all, you got second place. My opinion on placings means nothing, I am only a competitor not a judge. They thought you were better than me and thats all that matters. No one ever likes to be anything but first, you just have to accept it and use it to make you better. I apologize If you feel like I disrespected you in any way and I look forward to the opportunity of competing with you again in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Motownmuscle1 View Post
        I dont mean any disrespect to you at all, you got second place. My opinion on placings means nothing, I am only a competitor not a judge. They thought you were better than me and thats all that matters. No one ever likes to be anything but first, you just have to accept it and use it to make you better. I apologize If you feel like I disrespected you in any way and I look forward to the opportunity of competing with you again in the future

We definitely all want to win. But when we don't, we need to stay positive, lick our wounds, and get back to work. Apology accepted and good luck to you bro.

Comment

Conditioning didn't count for ANYTHING! Welterweight class 1st and 2nd was unbelievable. Can anyone tell me what is the norm for Nationals? Just wondering what is more preferred there.

Comment

Originally posted by texxflexx View Post
            THANKS guys....I received some great feedback going into the show and was happy with my prep this year. Maybe they didn't think I was a true HW @ 209, but I would have looked/felt terrible cutting down to LHW.

I was worried about the guys that placed 7th and 10th, so it was across the board on some strange placings. Anyway, back to cardio for Masters in Pittsburgh.

TexxFlexx
            Lance M. Johnson

yes the guy that placed 10th Sean Barber was conditioned better than most guys out there. . Neil Hill is his trainer and Neil is known for the conditioning of his athletes! Sean did come in at the bottom of the class weighing in at 211. His symetry and shape are awesome all he needs is more size. I think bodybuilding should go back to the best looking guy. not the biggest.

Comment

Originally posted by Aden2028 View Post
              I agree especially the middleweights the conditioned guys were not awarded.
              I just came across this thread.. I know it's a little late but i appreciate that comment. I placed 5th in the middle's. I believe i was more conditioned then most of the guys there. Although i respect the judges decision and was happy to place in the top 5 at such a great show.

Comment

Originally posted by yusef View Post
                I just came across this thread.. I know it's a little late but i appreciate that comment. I placed 5th in the middle's. I believe i was more conditioned then most of the guys there. Although i respect the judges decision and was happy to place in the top 5 at such a great show.
                I remember you from weigh ins, you were shredded and diced. I was in the show as well, took 6th lightweights. Its not my thing to gripe, but others told me my conditioning was on, and I was told the same thing a lot of people are saying that the show was judged with less of an emphasis on conditioning and maybe a tad more on fullness. It seems the same across the board so Im good with it, next year same or better conditioning and Ill be more fuller.

Onward and upwards. And yes Im late to this one too

Comment

Working...
                X