Walter Milner, Mr Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter Milner, Mr Canada

Walter won the 1975 Mr. Canada championship...

Follow us on Twitter or Facebook

Damn that most muscular shot is pretty bad-ass, that dude was pretty ripped for back then!

Comment

Originally posted by adamthetrain
      Damn that most muscular shot is pretty bad-ass, that dude was pretty ripped for back then!

Yeah thats my favorite Iron Age most muscular I've come across. I did a little research on him and it appears the cover of Ironman was his biggest bodybuilding accomplishment. Anyone know anything more about him?

Comment

Great physique!!

You`re making me feel old bro!! LOL
        Strictly Business

Comment

Originally posted by Timski
          Great physique!!

You`re making me feel old bro!! LOL
          Good to see you here Bro!

Have you gotten any more articles published Tim?

Comment

Thanks...................I submitted a couple to Iron Man,but so far,I`ve heard nothing.
            Strictly Business

Comment

I was lucky enough to know Walter Milner. He was a kind and generous man. He was always thinking of his family and others. Walter was 100% natural. He won the Mr Canada at the end of his first year of training. He worked as a high rise window washer so his delts and tri's were massive. The story goes that the first day he walked into the Gym he proceeded to do lateral raises with 65lb dumbbells. I met him eight years later in 1983 when I first started working in a Gym in Vancouver. He was training for power at that time and I personally spotted him on the Bench with 405lbs for a triple followed by a 575lb Deadlift and a 600lb squat at a body weight of 185lbs. Never met anyone before or since with such a natural gift. This guy trained clean and was an inspiration.

Comment

Walter trained at the old Western Gym on Hastings Street in Vancouver when I was there. He was a nice kid from Manitoba, I believe. Without much preparation he enterred the 1970 Mr Canada and came 4th and won best abs and most muscular. We called him 'Cuts' and he was popular with everyone who knew him. I emigrated to Australia in January 1971 so lost contact with the lads there. Walter didn't surprise me when he won the Mr Canada. John Mikl who was 5th in 1970 and the best junior also went on to win the Mr Canada and performed professionally as Thor.

It was very sad to hear that Walter had a mishap with the apparatus used to clean windows on high rises and fell to his death. This was a really good guy and what a pity his life was so short.
                Mr Canada 1970

Comment

wally was a hell of a guy. not only spectacularly muscled,he was also an awesome dude. he was an excellent flamenco guitarist and adventurer. he is missed by his many friends and family who to this day still grieve his untimely death.

Comment

Working...
                  X