Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did arnold deserve the 1980 olympia?

If your memory needs to be refreshed

Most people say no, but he does look pretty decent. he's taller than most, and still quite big. but Mentzer did look great.

I'm going to say he deserved it, but I can see the controversy

was close but hell yeah...arnold had the size on mentzer..and zane had the condition on menzter..if ur pikin any1 its gota be arnold

Comment

YES, he was only 70% of his best but still good enough to beat the rest. If he had lost he would have come back at 250 ripped in 1981 and blown away the field for 3 or 4 more years just to make his point.

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
        YES, he was only 70% of his best but still good enough to beat the rest. If he had lost he would have come back at 250 ripped in 1981 and blown away the field for 3 or 4 more years just to make his point.
        word

Sincerely Steven

Comment

Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
          He had "Conan the Barbarian" coming out right after that contest. That was his last show, win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Natural_O View Post
            He had "Conan the Barbarian" coming out right after that contest. That was his last show, win or lose.
            He just did the show to promote the movie, a smart move.....he made millions for the movie so the 25 grand for the Mr O was a joke. Arnold was a smart man and had much more to offer than just posing in a bathing suit unlike all the rest.

Comment

oh, sorry, didn't know we had a forum for this even

Comment

well, arnold had very peaky biceps, i think thats what caused him to win, lou had a much more massive body, but also franko was pretty deffined and muscular at the same time, i think either lou or franko deserved to win not arnold.

Comment

Originally posted by hulk4lif View Post
                  well, arnold had very peaky biceps, i think thats what caused him to win, lou had a much more massive body, but also franko was pretty deffined and muscular at the same time, i think either lou or franko deserved to win not arnold.
                  I'm not sure what show you're thinking, but the 1980 didn't have Lou or Franco

Comment

I always thought Arnold shouldn't have won, but looking at more pics, especially him standing next to Mentzer, Arnold deserved the win. Not at his best in '1980, but still good enough to win.

Comment

well frank zane completely sucked, Arnold was the best even at 75% which shows how far ahead of his time he was in th 70s. zane was shit
                      I can do all things through Him who strengthens me - Philippians 4:13

Comment

i was talking about the mr olympia. in pumping iron.

Comment

I think people go blind when the see Arnold . Mentzers proportions were far better , Arnold was far too top heavy

Zane looked amazing to me . Nothing size wise by todays standards but an awesome physique

Mentzer won it as he had the size with proportions

PS That video is from " The return or the comeback " which was edited and released by Arnold . It is not the full show
                          Last edited by Gym-pig; April 22nd, 2009, 11:52 AM.
                          If can't be bothered training today google the inspirational Stevie Zee

Comment

menzter al the way ,the judges got star strucked and gave it to arnold.

Comment

Originally posted by Natural_O View Post
                              You're assuming the movie was a success. Had it tanked like so many flicks then Arnold might have chosen a different path. Which, yeah, might have included continuing competition in bodybuilding.

Comment

Working...
                              X