Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most overrated BBers of all time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Sergio should have continued to compete in the IFBB and he should have won at least 10 olympias. Arnolds frame is what killed him.

    Including his lack of thigh sweep. In this pic Sergios frame is totally flawless, while Arnolds frame is clearly a distant number two. Although Arnold was a few inches taller than Sergio, they were both about the same weight (with Sergio being slightly heavier at times during competition). Arnold had a great chest, but his chest did not overshadow the thickness of Sergio by any stretch of the imagination.


    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by jerzey
      CONGRATS YOU WIN THE GAYEST LINE EVER ON A BB'ING BOARD

      here is your prize
      The pictures that you enjoy to look at in your spare time is your business, but please don't subject us to the aspects of your viewing pleasure.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by I Schmack Schmucks!!!
        I'll have to agree with the list but i would put Jay 1, Dorian 2, and Arnie 3. You're spot on about jay, nothing more needs to be said about him.

        Dorian had great conditioning and a great back but the man was a human tear duct: tears running all over him. He would hit a back double bi, and his bis would disappear. He ushered in the gh gut and didn't do a good job of hiding it. He was a more conditioned jay cutler. He was cutler before cutler was cutler. H block.

        Arnie was great but people make him out to be some bodybuilding god. His upper body dwarfed his lower body. His right bicep was about 2 inches bigger than his left bicep. The man was the typical beach body bodybuilder, until he would see someone like sergio oliva, get scared shitless, then work his ass off to play catch up."Oh shit, look at sergio oliva's forearms, i better start supersetting 200 sets of wrist curls and reverse wrist curls everyday to get forearms like that!" "Holy shit look at so and so's calves and look at mine. I better start doing 5 million calve raises everyday with someone humping my back!!"....Don't let movies such as 'twins' and 'kindergarten cop' fool you. The man's overrated.
        AMEN.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by encarta
          The pictures that you enjoy to look at in your spare time is your business, but please don't subject us to the aspects of your viewing pleasure.
          I aint the one who said Sergio was sent from Heaven

          who else do you dream about?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by jerzey
            I aint the one who said Sergio was sent from Heaven

            who else do you dream about?
            I'm secure enough in my manhood and my connection with the sport of BBing to say that a BBer has a body sent from heaven. But I would'nt even entertain the type of ho.mo pic that you posted long enough to have on hand to post in a forum. You had to have saturated yourself with that pic at some point and either remembered it's location or saved it in your files. Good luck on trying to explain your way out of that one. Is that image on your desktop background?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by encarta
              I'm secure enough in my manhood and my connection with the sport of BBing to say that a BBer has a body sent from heaven. But I would'nt even entertain the type of ho.mo pic that you posted long enough to have on hand to post in a forum. You had to have saturated yourself with that pic at some point and either remembered it's location or saved it in your files. Good luck on trying to explain your way out of that one. Is that image on your desktop background?
              going deep, well yea you got me i am a homo trolling for fine young bb'ings
              such as yourself whats your stats

              Dont get you panites all twisted relize what you said was gay and i called you on it, i aint hateing just thought it was damn funny
              have a sense of humor its the fucking internet

              P.S you're gay

              Comment


              • #22
                Hmm... Ok.. Arnold overrated? Maybe... Let me just say this on the whole matter.

                The pictures that are posted don't really show the true reason why Arnold was considered so good (especially against Ken Waller).

                Those are stills are from Stay Hungry, and the quality of them is shit.

                If you WATCH stay hungry, you'll see why... In those stills he and Waller look almost the same, but if you watch the whole thing in decent quality you'll see that Arnold was totally and completely ripped in that scene and Ken while about the same size, was soft and when it comes down to it, couldn't hold Arnold's trunks.

                My wife saw that scene and was AMAZED by how much better Arnold looked than Ken... so just forget matching it because of those stills.

                Yes Arnold had a thick waist... he knew it... Yes, that's why he did side poses as much as possible.

                Now I too agree that Sergio Oliva is the GREATEST of all time, but that's my opinion and the opinion of the BBing community at large is that Arnold is the absolute greatest ever. It's hard to argue that fact...

                History determines greatness and history has been kinder to Arnold than Sergio.

                Showing crappy stills of Arnold against Waller from a movie is not what I'd consider doing your expose justice.

                Comment


                • #23
                  It is easy to look back and say Arnold's legs were small to today's standards, Back then it was all about chest wasn't it?
                  People say: "Never say Never".

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by tu_holmes
                    Hmm... Ok.. Arnold overrated? Maybe... Let me just say this on the whole matter.

                    The pictures that are posted don't really show the true reason why Arnold was considered so good (especially against Ken Waller).

                    Those are stills are from Stay Hungry, and the quality of them is shit.

                    If you WATCH stay hungry, you'll see why... In those stills he and Waller look almost the same, but if you watch the whole thing in decent quality you'll see that Arnold was totally and completely ripped in that scene and Ken while about the same size, was soft and when it comes down to it, couldn't hold Arnold's trunks.

                    My wife saw that scene and was AMAZED by how much better Arnold looked than Ken... so just forget matching it because of those stills.

                    Yes Arnold had a thick waist... he knew it... Yes, that's why he did side poses as much as possible.

                    Now I too agree that Sergio Oliva is the GREATEST of all time, but that's my opinion and the opinion of the BBing community at large is that Arnold is the absolute greatest ever. It's hard to argue that fact...

                    History determines greatness and history has been kinder to Arnold than Sergio.

                    Showing crappy stills of Arnold against Waller from a movie is not what I'd consider doing your expose justice.
                    I used those pics while discribing Arnolds frame.... not how "ripped" he was. If being ripped makes you the greatest of all time then Serge NUbret should have beat Arnold everytiime.


                    Frame is what I was dealing with in those pics...
                    skeletal
                    structure (not to mention calves way too big for his thighs)... not how much bigger or ripped Arnold was. In the pics above Aronold has his pecs and abs flexed while Serge is only flexing his abs, and you can clearly see that Serge was the more ripped BBer. Arnolds abs were pretty softlooking. Arnolds frame was not attractive, and as shmucks said, his upper body dwarfed his lower body. Arnold maniacs try to excuse his legs by saying that legs were not important back then but that's a lie. Well muscled legs were one of the reasons that Sergio made a huge impact and that was in 1967. No... Arnold just had ostrige legs with poor sweep that looked too small to support his upper body. The main things people drool over Arnold for is biceps & chest, and you need much more that biceps & chest to be the kind of BBing god that people make him out to be and that's why I say he is overrated.

                    The mainstream BBing fans cling to image and Arnold captured the hearts of the masses through movies, and that aspect of his image influences people to say he was the best, but Arnolds body never proved such a claim. Most people treat BBing like a popularity contest, and ones popularity influences peoples opinions in a number of ways like minimizing a BBers flaws or overlooking them... and in the end still trying to say that they are the best.
                    Last edited by encarta; October 21st, 2006, 04:41 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by encarta
                      I used those pics while discribing Arnolds frame.... not how "ripped" he was. If being ripped makes you the greatest of all time then Serge NUbret should have beat Arnold everytiime.


                      Frame is what I was dealing with in those pics...
                      skeletal
                      structure (not to mention calves way too big for his thighs)... not how much bigger or ripped Arnold was. In the pics above Aronold has his pecs and abs flexed while Serge is only flexing his abs, and you can clearly see that Serge was the more ripped BBer. Arnolds abs were pretty softlooking. Arnolds frame was not attractive, and as shmucks said, his upper body dwarfed his lower body. Arnold maniacs try to excuse his legs by saying that legs were not important back then but that's a lie. Well muscled legs were one of the reasons that Sergio made a huge impact and that was in 1967. No... Arnold just had ostrige legs with poor sweep that looked too small to support his upper body. The main things people drool over Arnold for is biceps & chest, and you need much more that biceps & chest to be the kind of BBing god that people make him out to be and that's why I say he is overrated.

                      The mainstream BBing fans cling to image and Arnold captured the hearts of the masses through movies, and that aspect of his image influences people to say he was the best, but Arnolds body never proved such a claim. Most people treat BBing like a popularity contest, and ones popularity influences peoples opinions in a number of ways like minimizing a BBers flaws or overlooking them... and in the end still trying to say that they are the best.
                      Personally, I always like Serge and I honestly would not have had an issue of him winning at the time, especially in the mid 70s...

                      However, it's not just ONE thing... you say Serge was ripped, or Sergio had bigger this, or smaller that, but it's the ENTIRE body that is judged... not just one aspect of it... Also, look at them on stage, at that moment, and often, Arnold stole the show... No, maybe he didn't always have the best body, but he presented the best at that moment.... and that's when it counts.

                      Again, I'm not an Arnold freak... I think he's done a lot for the sport, but there are obviously people I would rather look like... Sergio and Serge are two of them.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        IMO Serge over Arnold any day.

                        Tom Platz was way overrated for obvious reasons.

                        Dave Draper got more kudos for his physique than he deserved I think bc he was in the right place at the right time.

                        I happen to think Phil Heath is somewhat overrated all things considered.

                        Franco was overrated - he lacked too may bodyparts to ever grab an O, let alone two.

                        Let's see...Mike Katz, Lee Labrada, Bill Wilmore, Chris Cook, Mark Dugdale, Sammir Bannout, Paco Bautista(him competeing in the O is a joke), and last but not leastsome guy by the name of Mike Mentzer(bird chest, weak back, lack of seperation).

                        -my $0.02

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by sex addict
                          IMO Serge over Arnold any day.

                          Tom Platz was way overrated for obvious reasons.

                          Dave Draper got more kudos for his physique than he deserved I think bc he was in the right place at the right time.

                          I happen to think Phil Heath is somewhat overrated all things considered.

                          Franco was overrated - he lacked too may bodyparts to ever grab an O, let alone two.

                          Let's see...Mike Katz, Lee Labrada, Bill Wilmore, Chris Cook, Mark Dugdale, Sammir Bannout, Paco Bautista(him competeing in the O is a joke), and last but not leastsome guy by the name of Mike Mentzer(bird chest, weak back, lack of seperation).

                          -my $0.02
                          I'm going to simply agree on all statements above. (Except Lee Labrada... I actually thought he had a really good total package)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I don't think Phil Heath is overrated. the guy is just in his 20s.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by encarta
                              Sergio should have continued to compete in the IFBB and he should have won at least 10 olympias. Arnolds frame is what killed him.

                              Including his lack of thigh sweep. In this pic Sergios frame is totally flawless, while Arnolds frame is clearly a distant number two. Although Arnold was a few inches taller than Sergio, they were both about the same weight (with Sergio being slightly heavier at times during competition). Arnold had a great chest, but his chest did not overshadow the thickness of Sergio by any stretch of the imagination.


                              Sorry to tell you boy, but in those back shots it looks like ARNOLD is standing next to a couple of little kids!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                yes it does and thats why arnold won . dont get me wrong Serge was great but come on ,when he faced off arnold at the O he was 6ft 200p did you hear that? 6ft 200 arnold was 230 ! he was the freak of that time . I mean really im 5ft8 and 210 serge looks great in pics but next to the big boys he looked like a kid . 17in arms ? whats that and arnolds legs looked like platz next to him . and talk about no calves sergio nor serge even looked like the trained them . 7 time MR.O over rated lol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X