X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most overrated BBers of all time

1. Arnold Schwarzenegger
    2. Jay Cutler

Arnold simply had too many flaws to be considered the best of all time (as soo many people say of him). He had that wide & blocky waist that always looks unattractive on a BBer. It made him look horrible in the rear double bi...

This is why he did so many twisting bicep poses and would always tilt his upper body in the front bicep poses... to minimize his blocky waist.

One of the aspects of his body that made him look even more blocky was his poor thigh sweep. He had straight up & down ostrige looking legs.
    Then he blew his calves to a size that was much too big in proportion with his thighs. He was also in need of bigger triceps (as he himself admited...also notice how hard it is to find a pic of him doing a tricep pose). He also admited to avoiding direct comparison with Sergios rear lat spread.

Because his back was not something to write home about and his lats lacked sweep from the rear (wich is why you will be hard pressed to find a pic of him doing a rear lat spread). If you've ever seen him pose you'll notice that his serratus was underdeveloped to the point that it gave him a look of famine. His forearms also needed more mass as they were not in good proportion with his bi & tri mass. His V taper was clearly poor and his X frame was even a bit more poor. his only strengths were his biceps, quad separation, chest and calve size and those strengths were offset by poor proportion. I would not want Arnolds frame.

Jay Cutler

Where to start? Poor back detail & thickness (he's just wide due mainly to his frame). Poor bicep & tricep separation. Soft looking arms & chest. Zero muscle maturity. Very blocky midsection =ing a poor V taper (giving him more of an H taper). A low sweep on his thighs that makes his X frame even more non-existant. A left arm that look about 2 inches bigger than his right one. In the era of developed glutes, he will go down in history as having the most poorly separated & conditioned glutes ever. No wow factor (at least Arnold had the biceps). Gross looking wrinkles in his lower back & glutes along with unhealthy & plastic looking skin on his back & rear delts. Cutler has been overrated for as long as he has been placing second after Ronnie, and now that he has a sandow he will forever be remembered as the most overrated BBer of all time.

I agree if you say Jay but Arnold ? You need glasses if you claim that Arnold was overrated.Just look at a few ppl that have competed at his time and then you will see how much he was ahead of his time.Sure Arnold had wide hips and his legs were not really as good as his upper body but like I said before he was far ahead of his time and only ppl that don't know much about bodybuilding would say he was overrated

Comment

Here are a few pics of your so called over-rated Arnold and yeah I believe you, you want not look like that.
      Last edited by forcedreps666; October 20th, 2006, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Yeah overrated...

Comment

Arnold was the shit........you have no clue about bodybuilding if you think otherwise!
          Strictly Business

Comment

Ummm,your crazy ! Arnold had huge arms that were synthol free.He was light years ahead of the competition and you might as well get some old muscle builder magazines and compare the guys from the 20's too whyle your at it.The level of compatition progresses with the times.As for Jay,I've met with him and I should be sooo over rated he is huge and ripped and when you can do better than both men mentioned than you can talk.It is soo easy for some one who never got in shape to talk but believe me ,you try and be close to 300 lbs, at 3 to 5 % body fat and tell me if it is easy.
            bodysculptnycFITtv @ youtube.com http://bodysculptnyc.com/

Comment

arnold was great for his time evntually there will come a a guy who ronnie will look shit next too just like arnold would look shit next to ronnie now that doesnt mean hes shit
              im only laughing on the outside my smile is only skin deep...

Comment

I wouldn't put Arnold on that list but refriJAYrator certainly fits. Here is a pic from a recent Cutler family reunion...
                Attached Files

Comment

Arnold inspired a generation to hit the gym. If it wasn't for him and "Pumping Iron" I know that I would most likely never have started lfiting weights. Damn, when I saw him for the first time...I said THAT is how I want to look and ran out and bought a few books.

Jay Cutler, the way he looks now, I couldn't give a rats ass about. I do think he did look good when first turned pro and I thought he had a lot of potential back then. The size game ruined his look IMO.

Now, Louie Ferrigno I think is a jerk....I met him and he charged at me cause I was taking his photo??? I was a 19 year old kid. HE is overrated 100&

I also think Dexter is overrated. YES he looks good but he's nothing extraordinary. His conditioning is top notch but his build is run of the mill. I think Melvin crushed him this year at the Mr.O and will take his place in the ranks. Melvin looked identical only 50lbs bigger.

Gustavo can kiss my ass too. Big gut, horrible attitude, weird back etc
                  FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Comment

Originally posted by He-Man
                    Arnold inspired a generation to hit the gym. If it wasn't for him and "Pumping Iron" I know that I would most likely never have started lfiting weights. Damn, when I saw him for the first time...I said THAT is how I want to look and ran out and bought a few books.

Jay Cutler, the way he looks now, I couldn't give a rats ass about. I do think he did look good when first turned pro and I thought he had a lot of potential back then. The size game ruined his look IMO.

Now, Louie Ferrigno I think is a jerk....I met him and he charged at me cause I was taking his photo??? I was a 19 year old kid. HE is overrated 100&

I also think Dexter is overrated. YES he looks good but he's nothing extraordinary. His conditioning is top notch but his build is run of the mill. I think Melvin crushed him this year at the Mr.O and will take his place in the ranks. Melvin looked identical only 50lbs bigger.

What he said.
                    Jay is not Mr O

Comment

Originally posted by He-Man

If Arnold inspired you to work out you should be cursing him now. Looks like you went overboard into a world of delusion. Arnold to you to the fatty farm.

Comment

I'll have to agree with the list but i would put Jay 1, Dorian 2, and Arnie 3. You're spot on about jay, nothing more needs to be said about him.

Dorian had great conditioning and a great back but the man was a human tear duct: tears running all over him. He would hit a back double bi, and his bis would disappear. He ushered in the gh gut and didn't do a good job of hiding it. He was a more conditioned jay cutler. He was cutler before cutler was cutler. H block.

Arnie was great but people make him out to be some bodybuilding god. His upper body dwarfed his lower body. His right bicep was about 2 inches bigger than his left bicep. The man was the typical beach body bodybuilder, until he would see someone like sergio oliva, get scared shitless, then work his ass off to play catch up."Oh shit, look at sergio oliva's forearms, i better start supersetting 200 sets of wrist curls and reverse wrist curls everyday to get forearms like that!" "Holy shit look at so and so's calves and look at mine. I better start doing 5 million calve raises everyday with someone humping my back!!"....Don't let movies such as 'twins' and 'kindergarten cop' fool you. The man's overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by ButtSuck
                          If Arnold inspired you to work out you should be cursing him now. Looks like you went overboard into a world of delusion. Arnold to you to the fatty farm.
                          The nerve on you Suckybutt!? You looked coked up and gay (tweezed eyebrows)..!

You look like you've never lifted weights in your life...

Then you post.. a youtube link of you masaggeing your jaw (what a fag)!

This is a bodybuilding site.....! But...You post head shots! What are you surfing for fellas!? (what a fag)

Comment

I'm not saying that Arnold looked like sh*t. I'm saying that he was not the king of his era (as so many people claim). Arms along does not make a BBer the g.o.a.t. He should have lost in 1972 to Sergio Olivia and he should have lost in 1975 to Serge Nubret. Sergio Olivia was the undisputed king of his era and he should have never lost to Arnold (even Arnolds 1970 victory is questionable). Sergio had two flaws (and only one after 1972) wich was bicep peak and quad separation (with his quad separation not being a problem in 72). Sergio unquestionably had god-like body that could not be matched by anybody in his era. When you see Arnold do poses that expose a BBers weaknesses insted of hiding them, you'll clearly see that he was lightyears from matching Sergio.

Notice how Arnold has to tilt his upperbody in his attempt to draw attention away from his blocky midsection, and even with his tilt his shape is blatently inferior. I would much rather have the flawless frame, small joints & full bellies of Sergio. Notice...

There is no comparison. Sergio had a body sent directly from the heavens. While both of them had a chest that was about the same size, Arnold sported a 34 inch waist compared to Sergios 28 inch waist (6inch difference). Sergios thighs were even bigger round than his waist (thighs at about 30 inches). This is why Sergio had no problem stricking any pose known to the sport of BBing and Arnold would not.
                            As many people think... Arnold was no better of a poser than Sergio and Sergio, in my opinion has smoother transitions and was more exciting to watch on stage than Arnold.

Comment

Originally posted by encarta
                              Sergio had a body sent directly from the heavens.
                              CONGRATS YOU WIN THE GAYEST LINE EVER ON A BB'ING BOARD

here is your prize

Comment

Working...
                              X