Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNC IFBB North America PLAY-by-PLAY, Highlights, & Details w/Shawn Ray & Flex Wheeler

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lagging triceps doesnt NOT equal asymmetrical.. are we having the same understanding of the meaning of asymmetrical.. apparently NOT he is even from side to side with equal growth and balance etc.. SYMMETRY is defined as the correspondence in size, form, and arrangement of parts on opposite sides of a plane, line, or point; regularity of form or arrangement in terms of like, reciprocal, or corresponding parts.

i.e his sides match which they CERTAINLY do
    Strength does not come from winning, it is our struggle that builds our strength. When we struggle and decide not to surrender, that is strength

Comment

• Originally posted by sadie7879 View Post
      lagging triceps doesnt NOT equal asymmetrical.. are we having the same understanding of the meaning of asymmetrical.. apparently NOT he is even from side to side with equal growth and balance etc.. SYMMETRY is defined as the correspondence in size, form, and arrangement of parts on opposite sides of a plane, line, or point; regularity of form or arrangement in terms of like, reciprocal, or corresponding parts.

i.e his sides match which they CERTAINLY do

Abbas biceps belong on a middle weight. He has a competitive olympia flow then you look at every body part above his waist and he looks like a middle weight. His biceps being the high light. With that being said he was shredded and I could only dream to look that great! We are critiquing the best in the world though......

Comment

• VV!

Originally posted by Vander_V View Post
        The debate was is he symmetrical? answer is NO plain and simple, Chad LaCount makes Abbas look like King Kamali up there lol.

V V
        No doubt man.. Chad 1# , Keith 2#, Abbas 3# is how I had it... Along with 3 others I know who where "IN THE FRONT" at the show like Shawn likes to keep repeating.

Someone tell CHAD to get a You-Tube page started ASAP & get some in the gym training videos out & get this cat on the boards and some exposure...

Get aggressive with marketing & promoting yourself big fella!! A Pro Card is in reach...

Comment

• Well, just got back in last night, had a chance to read through some of the posts on here.

Thank you to all who have supported me along the way , I really appreciate it. I will do my best to improve for the next show , which now, knowing my body better, I will be able to do so. It is a learning experience along the way. And each time I diet I learn something new. The body is always changing. I was really happy to read some of your comments.

For those who take the time to make the rude and crude comments. Thank you for your input. I know my weak area's but if you know anything about bodybuilding, when you get lean lean , most of the times your weak area are sacraficed and they show much more. So no need to rub things in people's faces. I can easily come in at a heavier weight and be nice and round with a fuller chest and arms. But I feel that when you are competing , I would like to be the hardest I can be. And if that means that will show off my weaker parts so be it. All I will do is work a little harder to bring those areas up so when I do compete again my body will be more balaced.

So LOL Please dont compare me to a King Kamali. Who ever said that one , that made me laugh.

Shawn Ray,
          Thank you brother for believing in me. Always being professional, I have always liked your lines and the way you posed. Thats why even as I get bigger I still want to put a beautiful posing routine together to accentuate the body and show fluidity in posing. I watched your routines on youtube and learned a lot.

Flex Wheeler,
          Thanks for the input and the info on what we talked about my line. I appreciate you taken the time to interview me. Your boy, Kieth, was a nice guy. Came up to me in the lobby and we talked a little after the show. Thats one big dude. I know in your heart you wanted him to win. He will be great though. Which you know.

Bill Comstock,
          Thanks for all you did, I appreciate you takin the time and always being a gentleman. You have always believed in me. That I appreciate. What did I tell you about the routine. I know you liked that one. LOL. Lots of twists and turns brother.

Ok everyone , Gotta get outa here. Will be back to answer any questions and also get back to a few people I missed while writting this.

Abbas K.

Comment

• Abbas Congrats bro...I know we where playing around backstage but it was all fun in games...Your gonna always have people say negative things after someone achieves greatness..Keep your head up an ENJOY THE VICTORY...You been in this sport longer then me an you took some time off an came back ready to BATTLE...I'm sure you wanted that OVERALL but continue working hard an your dream will come true...I know I acted like a sore loser on stage but at the end of the day,I GOT WHAT I DESERVED...GOOD LUCK BRO IN WHATEVER THE FUTURE HOLDS FOR YOU...
            2008 JR.NATIONAL OVERALL CHAMPION

TEAM ON/ABB SPONSORED ATHLETE

Comment

• ABBAS was by far the hardest guy in the show...He wasnt the BIGGEST SUPERHEAVYWEIGHT but he was Shredded an in INCREDIBLE SHAPE...Definetely deserved his PRO CARD..He beat Alot of good Supers,Not including myself...So gotta give credit where its due..HE WAS ON..
              2008 JR.NATIONAL OVERALL CHAMPION

TEAM ON/ABB SPONSORED ATHLETE

Comment

• Sean , thanks bro, I appreciate that. Yeah I know you were mad. We all get to that point at times, just matters how we all handle the situation. And I know you were messin around back stage with me givin me the crazy cock eyed look LOL. Thats why I said what I said to you. Trust me I dont take that personally its all in fun. Take care bro, I'll be seeing you at the Olympia if you go.

Abbas

Comment

• Abbas,

Congratulations are in order. You suffered mighty and came in with your all-time best condition. No small endeavor. Good luck in your future endeavors..

XS

Comment

• you did ok SRay

Originally posted by Shawn Ray View Post
                    Overall, the show was run very smooth by Gary Udit and I think each "Class Winner" was the correct decision from where I sat in the FRONT ROW next to the Judges, including our new IFBB Pro Figure Winners, the Masters Winner, Mark Antonek and Bikini Champions!

Congratulations to Shawn "Flexatron" Rhoden, Abbas, Dr. Prisk and all the Champions tonight!

Flex W, Robbie D, Cherie O & Bill Comstock, great work on the coverage once again!

Next up, Countdown to the 2009 Mr. Olympia on Septeber 25 & 26th!

Tune into MD Radio Monday @ 4pm PST/ 7pm EST where you will hear directly from Mr. Rhoden as he speaks for the 1st time as an IFBB Pro to his fans!

As well, Orlando Pro Champions, Troy Alves calls in to give us an Update on his progress to the Atlantic City Pro on Sept 12th to do battle against the likes of Melvin Anthony & Gustavo Badell only 2 weeks prior to the Mr. Olympia!

You wont want to miss MD's "Surprise" Announcement so tune in and get all the Bodybuilding & Muscle News Monday @ 4pm PST right here on MD RADIO!
                    Flex Wheeler
                    www.mexnutrition.com

Comment

• Originally posted by A. Khatami View Post
                      Well, just got back in last night, had a chance to read through some of the posts on here.

Thank you to all who have supported me along the way , I really appreciate it. I will do my best to improve for the next show , which now, knowing my body better, I will be able to do so. It is a learning experience along the way. And each time I diet I learn something new. The body is always changing. I was really happy to read some of your comments.

For those who take the time to make the rude and crude comments. Thank you for your input. I know my weak area's but if you know anything about bodybuilding, when you get lean lean , most of the times your weak area are sacraficed and they show much more. So no need to rub things in people's faces. I can easily come in at a heavier weight and be nice and round with a fuller chest and arms. But I feel that when you are competing , I would like to be the hardest I can be. And if that means that will show off my weaker parts so be it. All I will do is work a little harder to bring those areas up so when I do compete again my body will be more balaced.

So LOL Please dont compare me to a King Kamali. Who ever said that one , that made me laugh.

Shawn Ray,
                      Thank you brother for believing in me. Always being professional, I have always liked your lines and the way you posed. Thats why even as I get bigger I still want to put a beautiful posing routine together to accentuate the body and show fluidity in posing. I watched your routines on youtube and learned a lot.

Flex Wheeler,
                      Thanks for the input and the info on what we talked about my line. I appreciate you taken the time to interview me. Your boy, Kieth, was a nice guy. Came up to me in the lobby and we talked a little after the show. Thats one big dude. I know in your heart you wanted him to win. He will be great though. Which you know.

Bill Comstock,
                      Thanks for all you did, I appreciate you takin the time and always being a gentleman. You have always believed in me. That I appreciate. What did I tell you about the routine. I know you liked that one. LOL. Lots of twists and turns brother.

Ok everyone , Gotta get outa here. Will be back to answer any questions and also get back to a few people I missed while writting this.

Abbas K.
                      Abbas, it was a pleasure stepping up to the level of all you guys last weekend and testing myself in that deep class. Congrats on the win, you battled hard and posed your ass off in those callouts. I was hoping you'd get a card so I wouldn't have to deal with you again, LOL, but I guess I may see you another time. All good....I look forward to gauging my progress against my peers, and what a bunch of peers to gauge against. That class was stacked, packed, and jacked.

All the best to you, and I'll see you at the Olympia. You probably won't recognize my fat head by then, but I'll know your GQ looking face anywhere!

I hope to see all the supers in Vegas......Keith, Chad, Todd, BSA.....all the heavy hitters.

Cheers
                      Ron
                      http://www.bigronpartlow.com
                      http://www.canadianbodybuildingradio.com

Comment

• Ron,

Thanks bro, LOL, my face may be a little fatter by the O as well. Got to take a little time off then hit it hard when I come back from the Olympia for the Nationals. Checked out your pics bro, you looked good man, keep up the work. Yeah I was hopin to get the card that night too , but what can I do. I'll be seein you soon. Talk soon bro.

Abbas

Comment

• Originally posted by XS View Post
                          No doubt man.. Chad 1# , Keith 2#, Abbas 3# is how I had it... Along with 3 others I know who where "IN THE FRONT" at the show like Shawn likes to keep repeating.

Someone tell CHAD to get a You-Tube page started ASAP & get some in the gym training videos out & get this cat on the boards and some exposure...

Get aggressive with marketing & promoting yourself big fella!! A Pro Card is in reach...
                          I could not agree more. Get to it Chad! I am still at a loss because I thought with no doubt that Chad would take 1st in Supers AND win overall. After looking at the pics, I am even more convinced.

Comment

Working...
                          X