Chris Filippelli 50+HW Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Filippelli 50+HW Winner

Did anyone else at the North American show see the judging for the 50+ Overall and IFBB Card?
    The clear Winner was HW Chris Filippelli.
    How can the judges give a Pro Card to the MW winner who is the same height as the HW Winner and 35 pounds smaller. Not to mention the HW being in much better condition.
    Everyone sitting around me was shocked and disappointed with the politics.
    It was a sad moment for the sport.
    The MW looked good and we all know he's a Promoter.
    BUT..... WTF!
    It was the talk of the show.
    I felt so bad for Chris who comes in better at each show and is such a gentleman.

Interesting comments.
    Why not copy and post up some comparison photos from the MD competition photo site section and then discuss the comparison between Filipelli and Goodin, as to proving your points?

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/b...eventcode=1352
    Chris Filipelli

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/b...eventcode=1352
    Dave Goodin

My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

I'm not sure I agree with you, OP. The HW seemed to lack a bicep peak and had a very odd looking midsection:

You may want to browse the comparisons. I know it's not the same as seeing it live, but from the pics, I'm ok with the decision.

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/b...classcode=8613

Comment

Originally posted by SHOWING MUSCLE View Post
        Did anyone else at the North American show see the judging for the 50+ Overall and IFBB Card?
        The clear Winner was HW Chris Filippelli.
        How can the judges give a Pro Card to the MW winner who is the same height as the HW Winner and 35 pounds smaller. Not to mention the HW being in much better condition.
        Everyone sitting around me was shocked and disappointed with the politics.
        It was a sad moment for the sport.
        The MW looked good and we all know he's a Promoter.
        BUT..... WTF!
        It was the talk of the show.
        I felt so bad for Chris who comes in better at each show and is such a gentleman.
        You have lost you mind. Better condition, maybe in the lower body, barely. And your boy's gut got in the way of every pose he tried to hit.

Comment

I was there and have looked at the pix.
          From the side and back the show was over for anyone but Chris.
          His waist may have been bigger. But it's not a belly contest.
          Chris' shorter with 35 pounds more of muscle.
          His vains were all over and you could see great seperation on Chris.
          But if you weren't there and are only look at pix you couldn't have seen it.
          Look at the pix of each of them alone and you can see the differance clearly.
          One is a Bodybuilder and the other has a great beach body.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOWING MUSCLE View Post
            I was there and have looked at the pix.
            From the side and back the show was over for anyone but Chris.
            His waist may have been bigger. But it's not a belly contest.
            Chris' shorter with 35 pounds more of muscle.
            His vains were all over and you could see great seperation on Chris.
            But if you weren't there and are only look at pix you couldn't have seen it.
            Look at the pix of each of them alone and you can see the differance clearly.
            One is a Bodybuilder and the other has a great beach body.
            Okay Chris , stop being a sore loser.

Comment

Bottom line is which physique would you rather have? Dave's or Chris'. I would rather have Dave's. But I thought he should have gotten 2nd in the Middleweights.
              "My claim to fame? I went from being obese as a child to being the most nasty ripped man in the building."

Comment

Dave is the better physique, better symetry, better lines and conditioning. I really don't like Chris' look, especially that blocky waist.
                www.prepbyalex.com

Comment

i was front and center and it really looked like it was lights out for everyone when they lined up the class winners. i was 100% certain that chris would walk away a new ifbb pro, but such is this sport....

Comment

The definition of a Body Builder

I was there also and I wanted to double check why the results came about the way they did. Comparing pictures on this web site is not the same as seeing these two individuals in person. You can tell by the mass alone on Chris that he was in much better condition. The Texas Shredder was not as shredded as he was announced, which by the way is an insult to ALL the competitors that are not announced with nicknames indicating preference. You can definitely see in person how much more Chris was in "shredded" condition than many other competitors in this level. It was disappointing to see that someone that brought up all the levels of the competition was not awarded the price that merits this type of dedication. All these competitors are in excellent shape, but shouldn't the one that is above the rest have received the IFBB Pro-card? Symmetry is debatable in this case because of all the different body types presented to us. I would have chosen the one with the most definition and conditioning body part by body part and added them all up. The weight is also the most important. When you have competition between the pros' don't we expect the heaviest and biggest one to win, or have we forgotten what "bodybuilding" is all about?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Onebeachmuscle View Post
                      I was there also and I wanted to double check why the results came about the way they did. Comparing pictures on this web site is not the same as seeing these two individuals in person. You can tell by the mass alone on Chris that he was in much better condition. The Texas Shredder was not as shredded as he was announced, which by the way is an insult to ALL the competitors that are not announced with nicknames indicating preference. You can definitely see in person how much more Chris was in "shredded" condition than many other competitors in this level. It was disappointing to see that someone that brought up all the levels of the competition was not awarded the price that merits this type of dedication. All these competitors are in excellent shape, but shouldn't the one that is above the rest have received the IFBB Pro-card? Symmetry is debatable in this case because of all the different body types presented to us. I would have chosen the one with the most definition and conditioning body part by body part and added them all up. The weight is also the most important. When you have competition between the pros' don't we expect the heaviest and biggest one to win, or have we forgotten what "bodybuilding" is all about?
                      Normally I give it to whoever gets at least 2 out of 3 in size, symmetry and conditioning. Normally. But, I just can't get past that midsection. It's like what would be a hot chick with a huge mole with hair growing out of it on the end of her nose.Bodybuilding is more than building a whole lot of muscle and then dieting the fat off. The finished product has to look appealing. At some point in the growth process you have to look in the mirror and realize when its time to lay off the 700lb squats and back off a few IU on the GH. I beat a guy a few years ago who was bigger and more shredded than me but had a GH belly. Dave was off- no question about that. He had been bitten by the injury bug for much of the year. But he was lean enough that his natural symmetry allowed him to defeat a much larger and leaner bodybuilder who had a protruding midsection, wide waist and no biceps.
                      "My claim to fame? I went from being obese as a child to being the most nasty ripped man in the building."

Comment

I am intrigged that you aré bringing this point out. Your ignorance!. Normally I give it to whoever gets at least 2 out of 3 in size, symmetry and conditioning. Normally. But, I just can't get past that midsection. It's like what would be a hot chick with a huge mole with hair growing out of it on the end of her nose.Bodybuilding is more than building a whole lot of muscle and then dieting the fat off. The finished product has to look appealing. At some point in the growth process you have to look in the mirror and realize when its time to lay off the 700lb squats and back off a few IU on the GH. I beat a guy a few years ago who was bigger and more shredded than me but had a GH belly. Dave was off- no question about that. He had been bitten by the injury bug for much of the year. But he was lean enough that his natural symmetry allowed him to defeat a much larger and leaner bodybuilder who had a protruding midsection, wide waist and no biceps.

Comment

Originally posted by Onebeachmuscle View Post
                          I am intrigged that you aré bringing this point out. Your ignorance!. Normally I give it to whoever gets at least 2 out of 3 in size, symmetry and conditioning. Normally. But, I just can't get past that midsection. It's like what would be a hot chick with a huge mole with hair growing out of it on the end of her nose.Bodybuilding is more than building a whole lot of muscle and then dieting the fat off. The finished product has to look appealing. At some point in the growth process you have to look in the mirror and realize when its time to lay off the 700lb squats and back off a few IU on the GH. I beat a guy a few years ago who was bigger and more shredded than me but had a GH belly. Dave was off- no question about that. He had been bitten by the injury bug for much of the year. But he was lean enough that his natural symmetry allowed him to defeat a much larger and leaner bodybuilder who had a protruding midsection, wide waist and no biceps.
                          Please point out my ignorance. I wasn't insulting Chris. I met him last year at the Dexter Jackson Classic. Seemed like a cool guy. But to me the protruding midsection represents all that is wrong with bodybuilding today. The attitude is size at the expense of all else. Not everyone can keep piling on size like a Flex Wheeler and have pleasing lines. At some point you have to be able to look in the mirror and reassess your training. You rarely hear any admit that their physique looks more pleasing at a lighter bodyweight. Bodybuilders get so addicted to the heavy squats and deads, pounding the dinner table, and hammering the GH and insulin that they refuse to alter what they are doing. All I am stating is that in a normal show that when it is close I divide it into 3 categories. Conditioning. Symmetry. Size. Whoever takes 2 out of those 3 categories I usually give it to. Chris had Dave in size and conditioning. So normally I would have given it to Chris. But his symmetry was so thrown off by his middle that I would have given Dave the nod. It is basically an opinion argument. Nobody is right or wrong. I would have liked to see Dave a little sharper however and based on the photos I did not have him winning the middleweight class. In overall however you had polar opposites in terms of physiques.
                          By the way can you believe we are debating the results of an over 50 show? I can't get over the physiques of today's masters competitors.

Comment

Dave Goodin has a very pleasing physique, but it's clear from the photos that his conditioning was off. Chris's conditioning was miles ahead, something that's very clear in the on-stage and weigh-in photos. The second place MW was also much better conditioned. Sure, bodybuilding is totally subjective, but it sure seems to me that the better competitor that day was Chris. He was shreded and hard, while frankly, Dave Goodin looked soft. I have to admit I'm good friends with Chris, but even if I wasn't I'd still think he got shafted. He's a great guy and terrific competitor and I think he'd be a great Master's Pro. Hope he'll come back again next year.

All this being said, I have to give to these guys - they look great for any age.

Comment

I was in the show and i agree Chris maintains more muscle and symmetry. But his condition could have been a little dryer and I think he could have come in a little tighter. Symmetry and condition should win over size. Bodybuilding is about condition and symmetry. Chris has an amazing physique but he needs to NAIL his condition!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X