Looking forward to seeing Jr. National caliber bikini competitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrownBear View Post
    disagree. jr shows get almost as much hype as usa's and nationals (atleast from md) and if a national qualifier was right after or right before I would definately jump in a jr show if for nothing other than exposure. not to mention i wouldn't want a pro card if i wasn't of that caliber anyway. I read constantly about this epic chase for a pro card when in actuality a lot of guys won't be able to do shit with em. Bob Chick bitches bout this alot. "where are the rookies?" Well Bob, that light heavyweight doesn't have the muscle density or maturity to do shit but place last againt english, henry and lewis and that superheavy who got his pro card is a giant pile of shit who can't come in dialed to save his life. guys get their pro card and then fall off the scene for a year or two at a time to be remotely competitive with pros. that should say something
    While I can see your point about obtaining a Pro card that may serve no purpose, I don't see your point about 'exposure'. What do you mean by it and what is the goal of being 'exposed'?

Comment

Originally posted by dvsness View Post
      While I can see your point about obtaining a Pro card that may serve no purpose, I don't see your point about 'exposure'. What do you mean by it and what is the goal of being 'exposed'?
      Well as you know, there's the whole unspoken rule of "paying your dues". Some choose to believe it and others don't of course. I would think, the point of doing a junior show is to get some hype around your name if you have none. Example, let's say I do my local national qualifier, the npc Badger State. Last year it was exactly ONE week before the nationals. who the hell is gonna have any idea who i am winning a wisconsin show a week before nationals? granted there are no junior shows to squeeze in during that time frame but the following year it would definately be in my best interest to get in a junior show to, at the bare minimum, get a win recognized and known by some npc judges. unless i come out of my backyard national qualifier and leapfrog over guys already sponsored with plenty of magazine and online coverage (which isn't likely at all). get what i'm saying?
      Last edited by BrownBear; June 19th, 2009, 11:27 PM.
      Chase your dreams.

Comment

Working...
      X