Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phil has got it in the bag

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by jimmachak View Post
    Hands down, politics and everything else that has happened in the past aside, and conditioning aside since it is this far out... Phil Heath has got the O in the bag.

    He definitely has all the goods in every aspect of judging bodybuilding over every other competitor in this years Olympia. If he doesn't come in condition, that of course will change. So conditioning (and Kai being sponsored by MD) aside.... this is Phil's year! I am a Kai fan and I respect what he has overcome blah blah blah and he IS without a doubt an awesome athlete... however Phil has him beat in every round politics aside. I don't see anyone with the goods to top either of these guys onstage this year except for an in shape and diced Victor.

    This years O is gonna rock.
    I can't see anyone beating him........

    Comment


    • #47
      Phil is a bit narrow, like Larry Scott was, but is complete. He is the one to beat. Kai is a superb poser so might upset some of the favourites. Dexter has poor calves which spoil an excellent physique. Dennis and Jay are top contenders as is Vic. Should be a great show.

      Too bad there are size limits on photos because I wanted to post a larger image that I took in Melbourne in March.
      Attached Files
      Mr Canada 1970

      Comment


      • #48
        Here is a link to the larger photo. It was cropped from a 12 Mp Nikon D300 photo but the original is large enough to print a large photo for a home gym.

        http://ovincez.smugmug.com/photos/64...0_GnnBA-X3.jpg
        Mr Canada 1970

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Merat View Post
          It will all come down to conditioning this year cus its such a stacked line up, who ever is ON will win, if either one of them go off just a little bit, its game over for them
          I totally agree!! and if so, it's between Dexter, Phil, Kai and Victor.
          Satisfaction is good. Pride is better.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by jimmachak View Post
            Side by side, Phil beats Kai in the following mandatory poses:

            * Front Double Biceps
            * Front Lat Spread
            * Overhead Abdominal and Thigh (kai's abs are definitely not up to par)... I am talking about the overhead ab shot, not the Kai Green turn to the side and twist a million ways shot)
            * Rear Double Biceps (Kai's waist is all fucked up here he looks way to blocky in this shot, although Kai fans will argue this one)
            * Side Tricep... game over for everyone, this is an easy pose for Phil against anyone.
            * Most Muscular... Phil absolutely kills Kai in this shot

            Kai beats Phil in the following poses:

            * Rear Lat Spread (again this is close, but I would give Kai the nod)
            * Side Chest

            Now if Kai and Phil were to stand next each other and all you could see was their quadriceps, Kai's are superior. As far as the overall physique, there is honestly no comparison between the two as Phil absolutely dominates Kai. He is that good this year.

            In this section of the forums watch Phil guest pose with Jay and Dexter. As soon as you are finished watch Kai pose on You Tube the same time out from the O. Honestly Phil kills him.

            This is nothing against Kai as a person or bbr. The dude will win the O because he has the coolest story in bbing... it is seriously impressive how he has overcome so many obstacles. MD has helped Kai in so many ways, I mean seriously they have helped him out and have probably saved his career. The thing I can respect about Kai is that he didn't let it go to waste. Kai has taken this opportunity and literally has busted ass and is probably one of if not the most improved bodybuilders of his time. However, standing next to Phil in the mandatory poses he loses.

            This years O is going to rock. Just the debates themselves make it all the more interesting. I can't wait to see it!!!
            Great Analysis man, i mostly agree with you. As for me i definately think that Phil beats Kai easily. He is more symmetric than kai, and this olympia is going to be about symmetry AND conditioning. That's why i think Dexter, Phil and Victor are going to be top three, Kai will definately be top five and even be top three, same goes for Dennis and Jay, although big guys like him are not what the judges are looking for...
            Satisfaction is good. Pride is better.

            Comment


            • #51
              Here's my top five, and i also think nobody has it in the bag:

              1. Phil
              2. Dexter
              3. Victor
              4. Kai
              5. Dennis

              I think Jay can be also a top 5, but i really don't think its going to happen, since most of the other bodybuilders in my top five beat him in the symmetry round..
              Satisfaction is good. Pride is better.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by jimmachak View Post
                Hands down, politics and everything else that has happened in the past aside, and conditioning aside since it is this far out... Phil Heath has got the O in the bag.

                He definitely has all the goods in every aspect of judging bodybuilding over every other competitor in this years Olympia. If he doesn't come in condition, that of course will change. So conditioning (and Kai being sponsored by MD) aside.... this is Phil's year! I am a Kai fan and I respect what he has overcome blah blah blah and he IS without a doubt an awesome athlete... however Phil has him beat in every round politics aside. I don't see anyone with the goods to top either of these guys onstage this year except for an in shape and diced Victor.

                This years O is gonna rock.

                hell yeah it is. and i hope phil does take it.
                There are only 2 types of people in this world without beards : women and children.

                Comment


                • #53
                  IMO Phil will not beat Dexter. Only Wolf, Jay, or Victor can beat Dexter. Jay will have to come in at his all time best due to his thick waist. Wolf needed more mature muscle and Victor just needs to come dialed in. I think Victor will win it all.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by gbukovi View Post
                    IMO Phil will not beat Dexter. Only Wolf, Jay, or Victor can beat Dexter. Jay will have to come in at his all time best due to his thick waist. Wolf needed more mature muscle and Victor just needs to come dialed in. I think Victor will win it all.
                    It is true. It's tough, but Phil can beat Dexter This year. And if Victor comes at his best he can beat them both. However there's no way Jay or Dennis will beat Phil or Dexter... i'll be really surprised if that happens...
                    Satisfaction is good. Pride is better.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      ....

                      whoooooooooooo hoooooooooo this year's O is gonna be awesome!!!

                      Phil is lookin jacked. If I wasn't in precontest prep mode I would have loved to make the trip to the O.

                      Does anyone know if it will be webcasted anywhere? I haven't seen anything on MD or bb.com? ...maybe pay per view???
                      www.jimmachak.com

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        bb.com does it every year. they will do it again this year... i cant wait either!

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          u guys havn't seen dennis latest vids? he gained all lot of muscle!
                          dont count him out...

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Dexter will win ..

                            Kai Green Second

                            Jay Cutler Third

                            Phil Heath Fourth

                            People forget that Dexter beat all of these guys last year so why can't he do it again this year?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              thanks....

                              Thanks for the info I'll definitely check it out on bb.com. Just saw the Dennis Wolf vid... that is the first time I have seen the guy this close to this year's O. I have to say that physique wise my all time favorites are Flex Wheeler, LKevin Levrone, Mike Francois (different style physique but dude was just awesome winning his first 4 pro shows in a row), Phil Heath, and I honestly feel that Dennis Wolf is up there as well. Definitely my all time favorite bodybuilder for attitude and training is Branch. As long as I have been in this game and have been personal training I am still a huge fan no doubt about it!!! I know one thing.. over the years I can relate and trust fellow bb competitors and people that love the iron more so than the average joe out there. There are a lot of cool hardcore people out there, figure and fitness competitors included, that can all relate to the trial and tribulations of training.

                              That is why I think this O is gonna fuckin rock... everyone has their favorites and it seems like it is going to be a true contest to the finish. We all respect so many of the guys that will be walking on this year's Olympia stage because they have their own strengths, weaknesses, and man it is seriously close.

                              Anyhow I gotta go eat the last meal of the day.... can't wait for this years O!

                              jim
                              www.jimmachak.com

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by jimmachak View Post
                                Thanks for the info I'll definitely check it out on bb.com. Just saw the Dennis Wolf vid... that is the first time I have seen the guy this close to this year's O. I have to say that physique wise my all time favorites are Flex Wheeler, LKevin Levrone, Mike Francois (different style physique but dude was just awesome winning his first 4 pro shows in a row), Phil Heath, and I honestly feel that Dennis Wolf is up there as well. Definitely my all time favorite bodybuilder for attitude and training is Branch. As long as I have been in this game and have been personal training I am still a huge fan no doubt about it!!! I know one thing.. over the years I can relate and trust fellow bb competitors and people that love the iron more so than the average joe out there. There are a lot of cool hardcore people out there, figure and fitness competitors included, that can all relate to the trial and tribulations of training.

                                That is why I think this O is gonna fuckin rock... everyone has their favorites and it seems like it is going to be a true contest to the finish. We all respect so many of the guys that will be walking on this year's Olympia stage because they have their own strengths, weaknesses, and man it is seriously close.

                                Anyhow I gotta go eat the last meal of the day.... can't wait for this years O!

                                jim
                                I totally agree with you jim, this is the most unpredicatable Olympia of all times, and that's why it's gonna be the best. Can't wait to get to Vegas!!!
                                Satisfaction is good. Pride is better.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X