Cormier: Flex Interview Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cormier: Flex Interview Predictions

first off i have to say the only mag i buy is MD. but me and my girl got in a argument so i went for a walk to the store and couldn't help pick the Flex issue up as it was the Olympia edition.(they didn't have the new MD.) Chris Cormier gave his top 5 prediction for the O.

if i remember correctly, it went something like this-

1-Dexter
    2-Phil
    3-Jay
    4-Kai
    5-Wolf
    6-Branch

if this is incorrect then please fix it for me. but what are your guys opinions on his top 5?

I doubt Dexter will win this year.

Comment

im thinking kai phil dex personally
      Strength does not come from winning, it is our struggle that builds our strength. When we struggle and decide not to surrender, that is strength

Comment

dex wont win

Comment

1. Jay (I'm not counting him out yet)
          2. Kai
          3. Phil
          4. Dex
          5. Vic

Comment

1 & 2: Between Kai and Jay
            3. Phil
            4. Dexter
            5. Branch

Comment

Phil
              kai
              dex
              jay
              wolf
              toney
              branch
              TRAIN, EAT, SLEEP SO ON AND SO FORTH

Comment

I think you didn't remember correctly. I mean, VICTOR isn't even in that Top 6. And I'm pretty sure Cormier thinks Victor is one of the men who could def. be crowned.

I'M ROOTING FOR KAI.

But even so, it's a fucking toss up. No one knows how Dennis even looks.
                IF they all come in shape...I think it's between Kai, Phil, Jay, Victor, Dexter, Dennis, and Branch.

I honestly don't see how people can make predictions with not even seeing how some competitors look like...and ESPECIALLY with the Top 7 being a toss up. Any one of those competitors can be 1st or 7th.
                I don't knock on doors motherfucker I knock doors over. -Flex Wheeler

Comment

Originally posted by aded_greatness View Post
                  I think you didn't remember correctly. I mean, VICTOR isn't even in that Top 6. And I'm pretty sure Cormier thinks Victor is one of the men who could def. be crowned.

I'M ROOTING FOR KAI.

But even so, it's a fucking toss up. No one knows how Dennis even looks.
                  IF they all come in shape...I think it's between Kai, Phil, Jay, Victor, Dexter, Dennis, and Branch.

I honestly don't see how people can make predictions with not even seeing how some competitors look like...and ESPECIALLY with the Top 7 being a toss up. Any one of those competitors can be 1st or 7th.

I don't think all of these guys can be first or seventh.

I love Branch, but no matter how good he is, I don't think he could ever win the O'.

As far as the otherguys go, maybe. Victor would have to come in with his best ever conditioning, along with his legs at 100% in order to have a chance of winning. In 07' he wasn't up against the conditioning of Kai or Phil, or the legs of Kai. Victors legs will hurt him bad even if he is 100% everywhere else. This years O' has too many great pairs of legs. This is also coming from a guy who WANTS to see either Victor or Dennis win. So, I don't think Victor has a very good chance of winning only because of his legs and probably sub-par conditioning, when compared against the best condition on stage.

Dennis....he would have to come in at least 20-25 lb's heavier (could easily be at least 20 lb's heavier), with greatly improved seperation (probably will be), great condition (likely), but...

He would also have to bring up his lower lats tremendously, along with adding some more mass to his chest and hams, and maybe even biceps (calves could only help). If he did that, he could possibly win it, but I think his back will be another 2 yeras or so in the making before he can be winning it.

I hope I am wrong, as I badly want Dennis to win. We will have to wait and see if he has made the huge improvments necessary to win.

If Dennis does weigh 20 lb's more with great condition, I think he will get looked at very hard, though. He would look ungodly at that weight and condition, even if he doesn't really improve his weak areas proportionately.

I think it's most likely a toss up between Jay, Phil, Kai and even Dex (as he is Mr. O)

Comment

Originally posted by ricardomrivera View Post
                    first off i have to say the only mag i buy is MD. but me and my girl got in a argument so i went for a walk to the store and couldn't help pick the Flex issue up as it was the Olympia edition.(they didn't have the new MD.) Chris Cormier gave his top 5 prediction for the O.

if i remember correctly, it went something like this-

1-Dexter
                    2-Phil
                    3-Jay
                    4-Kai
                    5-Wolf
                    6-Branch

if this is incorrect then please fix it for me. but what are your guys opinions on his top 5?
                    i read that too...and for the record i'm proud to say i regularly read both FLEX and MD and don't see what the big deal is (i like the athletes from both teams). but i believe his picks were:

1) Dex
                    2) Phil
                    3) Jay
                    4) Vic
                    5) Kai
                    6) Wolf

as for my opinion, i would like to see Jay win one last time bcuz it looks like his career has already reached its climax
                    I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's nobody I'd rather be, than me.

Comment

Originally posted by maxamill29 View Post
                      i read that too...and for the record i'm proud to say i regularly read both FLEX and MD and don't see what the big deal is (i like the athletes from both teams). but i believe his picks were:

1) Dex
                      2) Phil
                      3) Jay
                      4) Vic
                      5) Kai
                      6) Wolf

as for my opinion, i would like to see Jay win one last time bcuz it looks like his career has already reached its climax
                      in that same issue where they interviewed Jay, didn't he say he almost retired after Dex beat him?? but then he shrugged it off because he still placed second and he thinks hes still got it? this very well could be the last time we see Jay on the pro stage.

Comment

yeah it's possible
                        I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's nobody I'd rather be, than me.

Comment

Cormier has had issues with Victor in the past. He disses the shit out of him on his training video. Don't know if they are friends now but he fucking hated him back in 2004.

Comment

cormier has/had issues with eff-rybody

Comment

I think at this Mr W Anything can happen, nothing is for sure !!!!!!! have to see how Jay if it arrives dry and cut !!!!!! Kai and the others, Phil, Vic, Wolf Dexter also going to cost quite !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X