This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    SHAWN LOOK AT LENDA MURRAY,I DON`T BELIEVE THAT SHE`S 47 YEARS OLD!!!SHE LOOKS LIKE 25 YEARS OLD,IT`S AMAZING!!LOOK AT HER FACE!

Leave a comment:

• smoforest
    replied
    Is tonight's play-by-play going to be on this thread? Or where?

Leave a comment:

• bigspaniardnacho
    replied
    bodybuilding is already a very subjective sport as it is, if you put "degrees of how feminine they look" into the equation for female bodybuilding, i think it wouldnt be bodybuilding anymore and just straight up personal opinion of what look best for each of the judges... Its just my personal opinion, cause i dont really know how female bodybuilding should be judged.

Originally posted by TEAM SKIP View Post
    Maybe this is the only sane way to do it. If you start pushing feminine into it, it is even going to be that much harder to judge.

I don't know. My head hurts.

Skip

Leave a comment:

• TEAM SKIP
    replied
    Originally posted by bigspaniardnacho View Post
    exactly, to me all of them are beyond what i "personally" consider feminine, no disrespect either just expressing my personal opinion as well. So i look at women bodybuilding the same way as i would look the male bodybuilding and i just base my opinion from the perspective of muscularity, symmetry, balance and conditioning.
    Maybe this is the only sane way to do it. If you start pushing feminine into it, it is even going to be that much harder to judge.

I don't know. My head hurts.

Skip

Leave a comment:

• TEAM SKIP
    replied
    Originally posted by Van Bilderass View Post
    You can't tell me they ALL don't look like men to a very large degree. Ask anyone who isn't involved in bodybuilding what they think, if any of these athletes don't look masculine. Trying to find the most feminine out of these competitors is a bit silly. No disrespect.
    I hear you but my point is that at least when talking about Iris, she is soooo far away from everyone else when it comes to what looks feminine. I agree that a lot of people wouldn't think that any of them are feminine but my being in the sport I see that feminine is relative and to ME, Iris is just waaay out there from everyone else.

Skip

Leave a comment:

• bigspaniardnacho
    replied
    exactly, to me all of them are beyond what i "personally" consider feminine, no disrespect either just expressing my personal opinion as well. So i look at women bodybuilding the same way as i would look the male bodybuilding and i just base my opinion from the perspective of muscularity, symmetry, balance and conditioning.

Originally posted by Van Bilderass View Post
    You can't tell me they ALL don't look like men to a very large degree. Ask anyone who isn't involved in bodybuilding what they think, if any of these athletes don't look masculine. Trying to find the most feminine out of these competitors is a bit silly. No disrespect.

Leave a comment:

• Van Bilderass
    replied
    You can't tell me that she doesn't look like a man to a very large degree. Again, no disrespect. I am just calling it as I see it.

Skip

Leave a comment:

• TEAM SKIP
    replied
    Originally posted by Dexter7 View Post
    Does anybody else get a sense that Lenda Murray doesn't like Iris Kyle too much?? She keeps on condemning her for being too muscular..

Dexter7
    I think she is, too, and I don't dislike her so I don't think Lenda dislikes her, either. I think she just doesn't like the level of muscularity on a woman.

You can't tell me that she doesn't look like a man to a very large degree. Again, no disrespect. I am just calling it as I see it.

Skip

Leave a comment:

• TEAM SKIP
    replied
    I agree but I think of Cory Everson. No disrespect to Lenda but it was Cory when I was just starting out.

I sounded shitty in my post to bigmikecox, I think and I didn't mean to. I just think that to me it is obvious that it should count and I don't think it always does, either.

Skip

Originally posted by bigtoph View Post
    bigmikecox: Femininity should be considered, but it often isn't...

In our judging manual, where I'm from, it says to remember that one is judging a women's event, and that physiques should not resemble that of men in terms of development or muscularity.

If this were the case, perhaps the sport would grow again to how popular it was in the 1980's.

I think it was Shawn Ray who once said, "When I think of Ms. Olympia, I think of...Lenda Murray."

Leave a comment:

• TEAM SKIP
    replied
    Originally posted by AWN2004 View Post
    Funny you said that. I was trying to figure out how to word it and you beat me to it. Maybe I'm a bit biased after meeting Dylan and knowing how cool he is but lets wait and see what happens.

On a side note....how fucking cool would it be to have both Mr and Ms. Olympia coming from the same gym?
    It would be even cooler than that to have 3 of them from our gym. Heather Mae French trains at Armbrust, too. She is easily in the top 3 and could go even higher or win the Figure O.

Skip

Leave a comment:

• TEAM SKIP
    replied
    Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Should femininity be taken into consideration when judging though? Or even facial beauty?
    Femininity? Ummm... Not to sound like a dick but it is women's bodybuilding so I am pretty sure it is in the judging criteria. That is also why they pose differently like keeping their hands open during double bi poses and they don't have a most muscular pose.

Facial beauty? I think so. If someone came out there with fucked up hair and no make up, no nails, etc., that would be a part of presentation that should count, to me.

For the overall package I just think that everything should count when it comes to femininity. Not everyone will agree and I respect that.

Skip

Leave a comment:

• Dexter7
    replied
    Does anybody else get a sense that Lenda Murray doesn't like Iris Kyle too much?? She keeps on condemning her for being too muscular..

Dexter7

Leave a comment:

• bigtoph
    replied
    bigmikecox: Femininity should be considered, but it often isn't...

In our judging manual, where I'm from, it says to remember that one is judging a women's event, and that physiques should not resemble that of men in terms of development or muscularity.

If this were the case, perhaps the sport would grow again to how popular it was in the 1980's.

I think it was Shawn Ray who once said, "When I think of Ms. Olympia, I think of...Lenda Murray."

Leave a comment:

• AWN2004
    replied
    If they take femininity into account, yes.

Heather still has balance between muscle and still looking feminine in MY opinion. I am incredibly impressed with Iris' condition but to ME that isn't feminine.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Iris may well win but my vote is for Heather - and not because I know her.

Skip
    Funny you said that. I was trying to figure out how to word it and you beat me to it. Maybe I'm a bit biased after meeting Dylan and knowing how cool he is but lets wait and see what happens.

On a side note....how fucking cool would it be to have both Mr and Ms. Olympia coming from the same gym?

Leave a comment:

• bigmikecox
    replied
    If they take femininity into account, yes.

Heather still has balance between muscle and still looking feminine in MY opinion. I am incredibly impressed with Iris' condition but to ME that isn't feminine.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Iris may well win but my vote is for Heather - and not because I know her.

Skip

Should femininity be taken into consideration when judging though? Or even facial beauty?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X