No announcement yet.

the strongest bodybuilder in the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the strongest bodybuilder in the world?

who the hell won that contest. last i heard it was ben vs jonnie. then i hear the rhino wanted in what happend. does anyone know the outcome?

johnny won against ben. blew him away in the deadlift. the white rhino is challenging him next year at the olympia.
    I'd rather be dead than average.

Comment

Originally posted by collegelinebacker31 View Post
      johnny won against ben. blew him away in the deadlift. the white rhino is challenging him next year at the olympia.
      Is the challenge at the next Olympia or the Arnold??

Comment

Rhyno said he would put the money up for the contest! I heard they were going to try and set something up at the 2010 Arnold Classic. Stan will be getting ready for the Ironman here soon, so he won't be powerlifting, but after that it's war at the Arnold and maybe even next year's Olympia. Ronnie Coleman should jump in there, just saying. :P

Comment

i thought flex said it would be at the next olympia stans putting up ten thousand out of pocket for the challenge and i believe there was talks about a car being up also iv got stan for the win dude in a monster

Comment

I was there and witnessed the deal that was made. Stan is putting up his tricked out White Rhino hummer, ten grand of his own cash, and the contest sponsor is putting up ten grand as well. JOJ ended up beating Ben WHite this year. But next year at the O the three guys will battle for the Hummer and 20g's.... It has been approved by Robin Chang, so it's official

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that Stan wasn't allowed to compete in the contest last weekend. If it's true, does anyone know why?

Comment

So strange. Ben is so strong at benching, but couldn't even deadlift as much as he could bench.

Comment

Originally posted by bigZnat View Post
                  I was there and witnessed the deal that was made. Stan is putting up his tricked out White Rhino hummer, ten grand of his own cash, and the contest sponsor is putting up ten grand as well. JOJ ended up beating Ben White this year. But next year at the O the three guys will battle for the Hummer and 20g's.... It has been approved by Robin Chang, so it's official
                  Yeah I was in the audience too and can vouch for that. Mr. Chang gave the nod, and JOJ grabbed the mic and said "Done," then dropped the mic to the ground and stomped backstage to prepare for dead-lift portion of the dual.

The only thing I'm not clear on, is the actual competition (or as Stan called it, the Battle in the Desert... so he was clearly referring to the '10 Olympia, and not the ASC) and what lift(s) will be included? Ben was vehemently opposed to including the squat, but Stan seems to be very high on his world record and its inclusive cumulative 2,200+ count; so will it come down to all three traditional power-lifting movements?

I, for one, hope it does... a year of anticipation and a window for training opportunity all to build up to an anti-climatic 2 lift fizzle would come and go in the blink of an eye - but the inclusion of a squat would really carve out a full-circle experience for the athlete and the fans alike.
                  "If he dies... he dies" -Ivan Drago

Comment

Originally posted by CaveMan View Post
                    I thought I read somewhere that Stan wasn't allowed to compete in the contest last weekend. If it's true, does anyone know why?
                    Stan had recently turned pro, and this feud was as much a grudge match as it was an actual power-lifting exhibition between the two; basically they had been planning on this event for a long time, and did not want to include Stan last minute and water down (in my opinion) the pretty obvious Rocky v. Ivan Drago type of resentment and subsequent crowd anticipation.

Stan seems to be very confident in his abilities, which I'll note are also backed up by documented sanctioned meet numbers... so next year's Mr. Olympia will be a very thick fabric of plot thickening awesomeness. 2009 was the deepest and most unpredictable unsettling exciting Sandow battle in history, but 2010 in my approximation, will blow this week's winnings away Vegas fashion!

Comment

Nice reference to Ivan and nice forum name bro, one of the best movies ever. Anyways along with Rhino JOJ and Ben why not include Rodney "Raw Power"???
                      TeamFusion www.fusionbodybuilding.com

Comment

Originally posted by cjsweetsmoke View Post
                        So strange. Ben is so strong at benching, but couldn't even deadlift as much as he could bench.
                        What were the deadlift results?
                        save 10% @ thesupplementsyndicate.com with code DK10

Comment

Originally posted by industrialfreak1984 View Post
                          Nice reference to Ivan and nice forum name bro, one of the best movies ever. Anyways along with Rhino JOJ and Ben why not include Rodney "Raw Power"???
                          Thanks man, I try - lol

Its too bad we have to wait another year for the show to go on... if time passed as quickly as it does while you're IN Vegas for the Olympia, I'd be waking up and rushing back to the airport. Ridiculous...

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatemale View Post
                            What were the deadlift results?
                            JOJ completed 2 of his 3 deadlift attempts... he ended up getting 823 I believe on his 2nd, but failed on his third. If I am mistaken I apologize, it was this past Saturday and I ended up not having enough memory card to film it, but I believe he failed on a lift of 870+, but he had already out-lifted Ben at that point.

Comment

contest video!! here ya go!!! its damn funny video imo

http://******************/videos/c-int...dybuilder.html

Comment

Working...
                              X