No announcement yet.

Should MD sponsor a Masters competitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should MD sponsor a Masters competitor?

This board has several regular contributors who are Masters BBing and Figure competitors. I think it's great that MD sponsor amatuer athletes, but are the Masters still being religated to the back of the bus?

Steve, in fairness to BBing and to your MD following, I think 2 other sponsorships should follow; one for a mens master (40+ and up) and one for womens master BBing/fitness/figure (40+ and up).

I think you know that the masters division of shows is beginning to fill with quality physiques, and all of us will eventually be in the masters category. I predict that in 5 years, the masters divisions will be larger and just as competitive as the open divisions.

What does everyone think?

The late Steve Stone (R.I.P.) always said: "The Master's classes are the toughest". I agree.

NYC BIG MIKE
    Looking for the "gang of 20".

Comment

thats a great idea
      _F*CK PLANET FITNESS_

Comment

I vote yes.

Comment

I belive women's figure masters starts at 35. I think some of the entrants are Masters in both sponsorship categories.

Comment

Comment

Good points esplendido.
              The Masters age demographic is growing as the boomers age, accordingly MD should consider a Masters competitor sponsorship.
              My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

I say Yes as well. Much respect for the ageless wonders of BB!

Comment

It wouldnt be a bad idea at all.I would like to hear what athletes of a different age group feel about the day in and day out rigors of bodybuilding at a higher age.With that said I would prefer they hire someone who also has past experiences such as a Vince Taylor or Robbie Robinson.

Comment

definitely. This sport is growing on the older end because more and more is available for over 40s to participate in, and rightly it should. All-in-all this a healthy lifestyle and a great way to age. Sponsoring a master's guy is just another step in that growth.

Comment

Yes, I'm 59 and ready for aged beef to shine in the U.S.

Comment

Well if they do I can certainly see it happening for the mens masters in the future.

Comment

This is my first time posting and seemed like a good spot to start.Ive recently starting competing in Masters comp after a 12 yr layoff.Sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Why Not

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

Working...
                            X