No announcement yet.

NPC Teen National Winner is not a TEEN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPC Teen National Winner is not a TEEN!

Gary allowed Ben Loehrer to compete and win the Teen Nationals at the age of 20. Yes that is right, he is 20. Rules specifically state that you cannot be older than 19 on the day of contest, but for some reason Ben was allowed! How unfair is that? Comments??

Benjamin Loehrer born July 8th, 1989

is it really fair to put Ben on blast like that or should gary take the heat, he did allow him to compete illegally. I mean if I were ben I wouldn't have competed but hey the Gary allowed it right?

Comment

It's not the first time Gary fucked up. In 2007, Kevin Deiner won the teen nationals, and he hadn't even previously competed in a competition. Rules specifically state that to compete at the teen nationals you have to have atleast competed in an NPC show before. O well tho, rules were meant to be broken right? lol

Comment

They are both at fault. It's the same as using gear then entering a natural show when you're clear. You know the rules and choose to ignore them because you can get away with it. As long as you can look at yourself in the mirror knowing you had an unfair advantage over your competition and still call yourself a winner then I guess you are. As far as allowing this gentleman to compete knowing full well he was over the age limit, the official should be removed. IMO
        Your bicycle has rusty fenders

Comment

Illustrates that the officials do whatever they please to do. Including breaking their own rules. They don't even follow their own rules or guidelines. Talk about bodybuilding not being an objective, legitimate sport. Ben had an advantage of age in a division he should not have been in.

Comment

Yeah I remember talking to the guy backstage about Deiner not being qualified for the competition and he told me Gary doesn't care. I'm pretty convinced that the Teen Nationals is ran by a bunch of douche bags.

Comment

The NPC took the title from Ben because of this.

Comment

he turned 20 a week before the comp. its bs to let him compete and strip him of the title. teen nationals was a week later this year then it was last year. eh whatever. congrats to uriah though

Comment

Benjamin Loehrer

Ben is a good kid, very intelligent, well grounded, Godly individual so this was a complete shock to me. I thought very highly of him up until now. Im very disappointed that he entertained the idea to compete as a teen though he was not of age. It doesnt matter if it was a day difference or who said it would be "okay", its the principal and ethics thats at stake.

Everyone makes mistakes as we all have (esp in our younger years), i hope he learned his lesson. It will take some time before this is a thing of the past but it will be so he needs to keep his head high.
                  Jerome Dinh Force Factor Athlete NPC Nationally qualified from 1996 thr 2013

Comment

Originally posted by BigArmedFella View Post
                    Yeah I remember talking to the guy backstage about Deiner not being qualified for the competition and he told me Gary doesn't care. I'm pretty convinced that the Teen Nationals is ran by a bunch of douche bags.
                    what up punk!
                    WWW.ALBERTORUBINACCIO.COM WWW.MUSCLETECH.COM

Comment

Originally posted by Lsugrad95 View Post
                      Benjamin Loehrer born July 8th, 1989
                      Yeah I know! FUCK THIS SHOW! I was robbed in the Collegiate Middleweights. The only thing I agreed with this whole show was the overall Stan Efferding! He was awesome. Otherwise, the rest if this show was shit!
                      www.LiftingStrapsAndGangstaRap.com

Comment

Like Jerome Dinh (up above), I am sorely disappointed. As a sincere fan here in Minnesota, I saw Ben tear things up at the Gopher State in June. I've only met him once, at that show, but it's very disappointing. I hope people don't obsess with "blame" since only a handful of people would know the real story. But my sympathies are with Ben. I had messy things happen in *my* youth and the embarrassment can be almost overpowering. Now, an experienced adult promoter or whoever made this decision, well, that's a whole other story. IMHO.
                        Paul Olson, Minnesota
                        Last edited by crushme99; July 20th, 2009, 04:57 PM. Reason: Accidentally duplicated

Comment

Title Stripped

Like Jerome Dinh (up above), I am sorely disappointed. As a sincere fan here in Minnesota, I saw Ben tear things up at the Gopher State in June. I've only met him once, at that show, but it's very disappointing. I hope people don't obsess with "blame" since only a handful of people would know the real story. But my sympathies are with Ben. I had messy things happen in *my* youth and the embarrassment can be almost overpowering. Now, an experienced adult promoter or whoever made this decision, well, that's a whole other story. IMHO.
                          Paul Olson, Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by Jude2 View Post
                            The NPC took the title from Ben because of this.
                            Not gonna lie. He looked sick nasty and he was super nice. We hung out for a little while at the hotel. He'll be pro someday and he'll be the kind you can approach. Very nice. Very humble. Eventhough I agree he shouldn't have been allowed to compete as a teen, he still has a phenominal physique and attitude.
                            www.LiftingStrapsAndGangstaRap.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeromedinh View Post
                              Ben is a good kid, very intelligent, well grounded, Godly individual so this was a complete shock to me. I thought very highly of him up until now. Im very disappointed that he entertained the idea to compete as a teen though he was not of age. It doesnt matter if it was a day difference or who said it would be "okay", its the principal and ethics thats at stake.

Everyone makes mistakes as we all have (esp in our younger years), i hope he learned his lesson. It will take some time before this is a thing of the past but it will be so he needs to keep his head high.
                              hey jerome i didnt know u was over here, but yeah i agree, and now we all have to ask our selfs who would of really one the overall
                              http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ygbodybuilder10/

Comment

Working...
                              X