Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, ive never heard any mr olympia winner going into a competition saying "man...i'm visualizing that i'm going to get my ass kicked this year" ...or any competitor on that matter. how is that going to help?
    Subscribe - http://youtube.com/blackwellmuscle
    http://swoletra.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Arnold View Post
      This is my last time addressing such idocy, as I am having to repeat myself concerning simple points now.

Also, I just want to make clear that you originally jumped on my post, not the other way around, so now I don't have to apologize when the day comes that I have to humiliate you in front of many members
      Never in THIS...or any OTHER...lifetime will you EVER be able to humiliate me, either by myself or in the presence of "many members."

1. I never said Kai "traveled". However, I did make a point of saying, "Why would Kai go and do a video that had the obvious intention of Dorian "instructing" Kai on proper exercise mechanics, if he wasn't going to participate?

You seem to be continually missing my point there and keep referring to "travel".
      Go back and re-read your own posts and see if you did not indicate that Kai somehow had to go to Dorian in order to be trained by him. How else was he going to "go to" Dorian without any form of travel? On a magic carpet? By telepathy?

2. As far as me not "thinking very much", I already know, without even having to ask you anything, that I know an immense amount more than you about training, nutrition, AAS, BB'ing in general and it's history, so unless you can back up your claims regarding my lack of intelliegence, you only insult yourself by making such statements, as NO ONE here agrees with you.

If you would like to find out, come visit me in the Chem-E section....or the nutrition section....or the training journals section. There is little respect for your opinions, as far as what I've seen.
      blah,blah,blah
      Nobody gives a care about your self-proclaimed vast knowledge of bodybuilding. If you want to claim superior intelligence, at the very least you could spell "intelligence" correctly.

3. I made it quite clear in prior posts that Oscar was indeed like a "mentor" or "father figure" to Kai, so repeating that has no purpose. Also, you stated in your prior post that Oscar agreed to accept your theoried invitation with little input from Kai, as if Kai did not know what was going on.
      It had the purpose of getting it into your apparently quite mushy brain that Oscar could convince Kai to train with Dorian even though Kai may not have been very enthusiastic about the idea 4 weeks out from the Arnold. Now I am quite sure you took the short bus to school. lol

I refuted that, as Kai is not a baby, as then you slightly altered and widened your stance to include Oscar actually consulting Kai about it before Kai agreed.
      This doesn't make any sense, bro. Work on this and get back at me when you work out your thoughts.

Basically, this entire post of yours is incredibly stupid, as who really gives a fuck "how" they came to the decision to shoot the video. I can't believe I actually even responded to it, although it must be instinct for me to bring ignorance out into the open.
      Errr...with your multiple spelling errors and nonsensical, irrelevant ravings about your supposed "knowledge," I think we all know who is coming across as stupid and with posts unworthy of response.

It was also pretty obvious that Kai did not "appear" to be enthusiastic about it, as I also mentioned in a prior post. So, read a bit before you waste time stating things that don't bear repeating.
      No one said Kai appeared to be enthusiastic, Short-Bus Mike. You stated that Kai was being incredibly disrespectful to Dorian. I disagreed and stated why.

How 'bout this, Mike? Try making more sensible posts, not coming off like a hater, not being an arrogant jackass, and purchasing a copy of "Hooked on Phonics." Do those things son, and I just may be willing to avoid humiliating YOUR sorry ass next time.

Comment

This is my last time addressing such idocy, as I am having to repeat myself concerning simple points now.

Also, I just want to make clear that you originally jumped on my post, not the other way around, so now I don't have to apologize when the day comes that I have to humiliate you in front of many members

1. I never said Kai "traveled". However, I did make a point of saying, "Why would Kai go and do a video that had the obvious intention of Dorian "instructing" Kai on proper exercise mechanics, if he wasn't going to participate?

You seem to be continually missing my point there and keep referring to "travel".

2. As far as me not "thinking very much", I already know, without even having to ask you anything, that I know an immense amount more than you about training, nutrition, AAS, BB'ing in general and it's history, so unless you can back up your claims regarding my lack of intelliegence, you only insult yourself by making such statements, as NO ONE here agrees with you.

If you would like to find out, come visit me in the Chem-E section....or the nutrition section....or the training journals section. There is little respect for your opinions, as far as what I've seen.

3. I made it quite clear in prior posts that Oscar was indeed like a "mentor" or "father figure" to Kai, so repeating that has no purpose. Also, you stated in your prior post that Oscar agreed to accept your theoried invitation with little input from Kai, as if Kai did not know what was going on.

I refuted that, as Kai is not a baby, as then you slightly altered and widened your stance to include Oscar actually consulting Kai about it before Kai agreed.

Basically, this entire post of yours is incredibly stupid, as who really gives a fuck "how" they came to the decision to shoot the video. I can't believe I actually even responded to it, although it must be instinct for me to bring ignorance out into the open.

It was also pretty obvious that Kai did not "appear" to be enthusiastic about it, as I also mentioned in a prior post. So, read a bit before you waste time stating things that don't bear repeating.

Dude, are u a part of TEAM MD or are u A --- P-A-R-T of team MD?? Ive bean reading all of ur post and openly public negativity towards an athlete, a star player, a fellow member who is a part of the same magazine company you work for is astounding!! Yo , did KAI steal ur bitch or something from u or didnt sign a autograph for you or something?? It really boggles my mind how the Mods of this site can allow one of their own fellow staff trash their one of their own athletes in the manner this hater is going about.

As a bodybuilder and personal life and past lifestyle aside, I like Kai Greene and what he represents in Bodybuilding. He always seems like a humble guy with a positive outlook on life and message to influence upon others, not just about bodybuilding but in life in general. I think as a bodybuilder, Kai brings a breath of fresh air to this sport that can be dull and boring to the non bodybuilding enthusiast and his similar like rocky life story is motivating to anyone trying to pursue their dreams/ goals/ passion that if you DARE to dream that you can make your dreams a reality. Kai, do the damn thing and shut these motherfuckers up on Saturday!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonBadBoy View Post
          i can honestly say that yes, i could do better than those if i was that low. those are the WORST barbell rows i've ever seen a pro do. the guys sounds like he hates his job and is miserable. yet he CHOOSES to do it. it seems like kai hates bodybuilding, and to him it's a means to an end.
          He does his rows the same way Arnold, Lee Haney, and Orville Burke did.. And you can honestly say you don't know what low carbs/zero carbs drawn over several weeks feels like..

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonBadBoy View Post
            um i have dieted for multiple shows, and i do know what its like being depleted, its bad, but its not unbearable, especially when you don't have a full time job to wake up at 5 am for work 6 days a week. he seems like he hates being a bodybuilder, if he doesn't get top 2 at this show, he needs to give oscar his walking papers and go back to what won him the show last year, charles glass. oscar only had him for 2 weeks before the show last year, all the hard work was already done.
            Who was with Kai for all of his other wins/high placings prior to last year's Arnold victory? Oscar...

Comment

It has nothing to do with depleting or going "balls out".

If your going to be getting trained by someone, either listen to what they have to say (regarding exercise mechanics) or fuckin' train yourself!

Kind of defeats the purpose if your going to go to someone for pointers and then not implement a damn one. That was biggest silent middle finger I've seen anyone give Doz yet.
              Understand that his being trained by Dorian is an MD project which he is contracted to do. If it wasn't for that, he wouldn't be going to Dorian for any pointers (like he needs any).

Comment

• Uh Boston, have you been watching any videos of Kai other than the Dorian video and this one? You'd see quite a cheery, gregarious fellow. He's GLYCOGEN DEPLETED. His body fat is probably around 3%. You try being upbeat; you try following someone else's training protocol in such a state when you've been essentially banging out reps your whole life.

Did you watch the END of the Dorian video when Kai looked at him with a look of total reverence and adulation, and hugged him? Kai totally respects Dorian; at the same time, he has his own way of doing things. It obviously works!

I don't think Kai will win the Arnold; I think Phil will take it, as well as the Olympia. We'll have a new champion for some time I think. But we'll see. I see it as

Phil
                Kai
                Branch
                Dexter

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorcher View Post
                  Never in THIS...or any OTHER...lifetime will you EVER be able to humiliate me, either by myself or in the presence of "many members."

Go back and re-read your own posts and see if you did not indicate that Kai somehow had to go to Dorian in order to be trained by him. How else was he going to "go to" Dorian without any form of travel? On a magic carpet? By telepathy?

blah,blah,blah
                  Nobody gives a care about your self-proclaimed vast knowledge of bodybuilding. If you want to claim superior intelligence, at the very least you could spell "intelligence" correctly.

It had the purpose of getting it into your apparently quite mushy brain that Oscar could convince Kai to train with Dorian even though Kai may not have been very enthusiastic about the idea 4 weeks out from the Arnold. Now I am quite sure you took the short bus to school. lol

This doesn't make any sense, bro. Work on this and get back at me when you work out your thoughts.

Errr...with your multiple spelling errors and nonsensical, irrelevant ravings about your supposed "knowledge," I think we all know who is coming across as stupid and with posts unworthy of response.

No one said Kai appeared to be enthusiastic, Short-Bus Mike. You stated that Kai was being incredibly disrespectful to Dorian. I disagreed and stated why.

How 'bout this, Mike? Try making more sensible posts, not coming off like a hater, not being an arrogant jackass, and purchasing a copy of "Hooked on Phonics." Do those things son, and I just may be willing to avoid humiliating YOUR sorry ass next time.

No need to repond to a nobody. Have fun.

Ohhh....come visit me in chem-e and we'll see what you know. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diesel View Post
                    Dude, are u a part of TEAM MD or are u A --- P-A-R-T of team MD?? Ive bean reading all of ur post and openly public negativity towards an athlete, a star player, a fellow member who is a part of the same magazine company you work for is astounding!! Yo , did KAI steal ur bitch or something from u or didnt sign a autograph for you or something?? It really boggles my mind how the Mods of this site can allow one of their own fellow staff trash their one of their own athletes in the manner this hater is going about.

As a bodybuilder and personal life and past lifestyle aside, I like Kai Greene and what he represents in Bodybuilding. He always seems like a humble guy with a positive outlook on life and message to influence upon others, not just about bodybuilding but in life in general. I think as a bodybuilder, Kai brings a breath of fresh air to this sport that can be dull and boring to the non bodybuilding enthusiast and his similar like rocky life story is motivating to anyone trying to pursue their dreams/ goals/ passion that if you DARE to dream that you can make your dreams a reality. Kai, do the damn thing and shut these motherfuckers up on Saturday!!

First off all, I don't have anything against Kai green at all. I actually think he is going to win the Arnold. Also, what is there in my post here that you qouted that has you so ruffled?

My original post was simply in regards to "why did Kai go to get trained by Dorian when he didn't want to submit to the training?" I think it was a valid point. It kind of made the Vid senseles, ya' know? There were about a half a dozen other guys all saying the same thing before me, although I was by far the most respectfull of the bunch.

I have also supported Kai numerous times throughout this thread by speaking out against several comments made against Kai that I thought were either untrue or held no weight, as well as mentioning a few positive attributes of the man. If you actually read everything I said, you would see that.

I have also argued that Kai is a grown man that isn't pushed around by Oscar (as suggested by another poster). Actually, if you read all the positive things I said about Kai, they outweight the negatives! You just see what you think is a bunch of negative shit because the same damn thing keeps being repeated, making it look like more than what it really is.

You know what, since you have such harsh words for a "team MD" player who stays up late every damn night on his forum for hours, would you please actually show me what statements I made against Kai that were hatefull, derogatory or negative? Where is the trashing?

I think you will actually find that I haven't really said anything disrespectfull about Kai, depending I guess on how it's taken. What did I say?

That Kai doesn't know as much about Dorian concerning anatomy and kinesiology?
                    That it didn't make any sense for Kai to do a personal training vid when he didn't want personal training?
                    That other people lived hard lives like Kai?
                    That the video made him look bad?
                    That he's gotten irritated at some fans who asked questions he thought were stupid, prior to the Mr. O' (as he said so himself)?

Tell me, where is all this "terrible trash talking" is at? The reason it hasn't been moderated is because I haven't trashed Kai, I simply made my opinions known.

How about you post all the positive things I said about him, as well as all the times I stuck up for him? Why don't you do that and I think you'll see they outnumber this supposed "trashing" you speak of.

This forum is called No-Bull for a reason. Useless character trashing and making derogatory remarks are the things that are censored, not opinions or facts. Also, while your at it, look up the other threads where I talked about Kai; you'll get a more well rounded perspective on this "hater".

Even though I am a forum leader, I have a right to express my opinion. I have been invloved in this sport for 19 years now and love it. I have seen a lot of things come and go in that time frame. I have also seen the good and the bad and thsoe things which i think are good for out industry and thise that are bad.

When I see someone as genetically gifted and popular as Kai Greene is, who can easly be Mr. Olympia, I expect a lot out of guys like that, maybe sometimes too much.

Kai is not just any pro, he is a future Mr. Olympia and when I see him speak or interact in a way that either makes him look bad or is below what he is capable of, I get irritated. If he was some low level pro, I wouldn't care less, but he's not. Carrying things like the grapefruit story around doesn't help him or Pro BB'ing. I understand some things are in his past, but once you reach his level, they have a way of working their way back into the present, as in Kai's case.

I will admit, when I saw some of Kai's posing in the past, it seemed inappropriate in a sexual way that was less than professional and didn't belong on a IFBB stage. However, I also acknowledge Kai is one of the greatest entertainers , probably the greatest, in BB'today.

I will also admit that when I heard him give muscle anatomy lessons multiple times that were painfully inaccurate, my first impression was that he is making himself look bad and it pissed me off!

Like a lot of people, the way he talks tended to get to me as well, although I am now beginning to understand that Kai is just Kai.

For all these above reasons , I can sometimes be a little hard on him in my posts, but in the end, I want Kai to succeed to the best of his ability, not only on the stage, but off, as well.

Kai has enough people making critical comments about him; probably more than any other BB'r today (he also has a lot of die hard fans as well) and many of them are justified. However, my posts don't come from a dislike of the man, but more of a feeling that I sometimes think he is just capable of more, especially if he is to eventually become our Mr. O'.

Comment

• [quote=MisterGX;1926104]Understand that his being trained by Dorian is an MD project which he is contracted to do. If it wasn't for that, he wouldn't be going to Dorian for any pointers (like he needs any).[/quote]

True, but don't you think he could've played along so the video at least made sense?

Actually, for as much as Kai might know about training, Dorian is VERY knowledgable when it comes to back training and many people could learn something from him. Everyone has stuff to learn; all of us bro.

Kai has weak areas in his back, like his upper back and traps, which really are quite far behind lats. Kai has awsome lats, but not great traps, rhomboid, terres major or minor, or erectors. If Kai ever got those arreas up to par with his lats, his back would be even better.

Also, Kai needs more pectoral, delt and tricep development, so to say Kai couldn't use any pointers from one of the very most knowledgebal BB'rs in the world is ridiculous. I have been following Dorian for before he was a pro and this guy knows his shit. When it comes to anatomy, muscle function and how to properly work each muscle, he is extremely knowledgable.

Comment

• Just a quick point that no one seems to be making:

Maybe Kai's "ignoring Dorian" and "bad attitude" wasn't intentional. I work as a personal trainer and have a LOT of clients, and often times, getting a client to train "how you want them to train" isn't as simply as saying, "Do this". I have a training style similar to Dorian's, and yelling at people to "slow down the negative", "squeeze and hold", etc., is very often tiring, and doesn't actually get them to do it. My training partner is also a competitive bodybuilder, and also a personal trainer. He is used to training with a more explosive lifting style (think Coleman or Branch). I've been trying to get him to move in a more Yates-direction with his tempo, etc. And it's really freakin' hard! I have to remove years and years of a certain "style" and get him to reprogram how he approaches lifting.

Lifting weights, and firing muscles, is a physical skill like any other physical skill. For anybody who has ever consciously tried to perfect a physical skill-- like playing a scale on a piano, or improving your golf swing, or whatever-- you should know it's not as simple as an instructor saying, "Don't do this, do this". You can't just be told one time and magically fix it. Rather, you need to focus on correcting it over and over and over and over and over again, and eventually, it becomes automatic.

I don't think Kai was necessarily purposely ignoring Dorian; rather, I think Dorian was trying to have Kai use techniques that he wasn't used to at all, and it was very foreign to Kai, and Kai was having a very hard time adapating his style. I mean, seriously, if you deadlift a certain way for 20 years or so, and then in 10 minutes some guy comes along and says, "Hey, don't touch the floor"-- do you really think it's so easy to just say, "Oh, okay, I'll adopt that automatically?"

Think of it this way: had Dorian gone to train Ronnie Coleman and told him to slow it down, squeeze, etc., even if Ronnie tried his hardest to listen to Dorian, do you really think he'd be able to substantially change his form right away, in one training session? I highly doubt it.

Couple the above with his contest-prep state (low carbs, tired), the cameras being there, Dorian's borderline abrassive demeanor (he's awesome, but VERY blunt, to the point of being almost rude at times), and it's easy to see why Kai might appear "annoyed". He was probably just getting frustrated. In the early part of the video (pullovers), he was very receptive, and as the workout progressed, he started getting more annoyed, I think more because he was struggling to get the form down, than because he didn't want to be there.

All of the above is speculative, but I think it makes sense. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

-lifepulse

Comment

• It seem many young guy's in this thread don't know who the fucking dorian was....

Kai, was lucky to get few tips from Yates.....

Mike, don't waste your time in this stupid thread bro....

Comment

• Originally posted by JT1225 View Post
                            Mr. Grapefruit!

LOL, I thought it was a pineapple haha

Comment

• I have seen pics over the last week and TRUST ME KAI LOOKS BIGGER AND BETTER THAN HE HAS EVER BEEN BEFORE A TOTAL FREAK! I want to come back and hear what all you have say come sat when the new Kai is unleashed and dominates the ASC. I love Branch and I am a huge fan of his and would also love to see him win or give Kai a run for his money. However, at 275-280 at 5'8 and fing shredded he will be tough to beat! Anyone care to make a friendly bet? I'll put up a can of Epoblast or Eponox that he wins! Come on all you experts hiding behind your keyboard....I'll be at the Xero Limits booth all weekend to collect my winnings!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lightsoutlekina View Post
                                training like shit? really? kai doesnt have to train like dorian , theyre not the same person bro and whatever kai has been doing obviously works hes one of the freakiest bbers out there, plus when someone is depleting they dont need to go balls out

Exactly! The way he has been training works well for him! Why does Kai have to change the way he trains b/c Dorian told him
                                SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                                2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Working...
                                X