• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Arnold
    replied
    [quote=MisterGX;1926947]
    Originally posted by Mike Arnold View Post

He could/would have played along if this was shot 6 weeks earlier. As far as pointers for his back work, I think Kai got more out of the one/two weeks of working with Glass. Kai has improved in pec & delt areas (more is needed & might show this weekend). And Dorian is the last person to ask for pointers when it comes to arms period. I'm not saying Dorian doesn't know his shit, because he does. Some of his choices for back, I incorporate in my own workout (reverse grip rows). But to say his way is the only/best way is incorrect. Is Dorain's way of deadlifting more correct than say Ronnie's? Everyone is right in their own way. But let's do these pro pairing workouts when everyone is fully carbed...

The pointers I was talking about didn't really have to do with exercise selection and I also underdtand Kai was only with him for about an hour, not 2 weeks like Glass.

Also, I am not talking about right vs wrong styles of training. I am taking about set in stone rules, or the science of muscle function, called kinesiology.

The fact is, there is a right and a wrong way (or should I say a better and worse way) to individually work each muscle with each particular exercise, as each muscle has a specific function and range of motion with each exercise through which it is optimally activated when taken through.

The science of muscle function, which tells us how to target and put optimal stress on each muscle with each particular exercise while working the muscle through a specific path of resistance for best results, does not change and we could all improve the way we perform several exercises, even if we know better in certain instances, but just remain in our errors through an unwillingness to change.

So, it isn't about styles, such as sets, reps, program structure, etc, but about what I described above and which Kai most definitely could benefit from.

Also, your statement that Dorian is the last person to ask about pointers for arms shows a lack of understanding when it comes to muscular development and muscular development know how. One's level of development often does NOT directly correlate with their level of knoweldge.

The fact thay Dorian had lagging arms has everything to do with factors outside of his control and not an understanding of arm training and muscle function.

Don't forget, prior to Dorian tearing his bicep in 1994, he did not have lagging arms. In fact, Dorian's arms measured around 22 inches at the time and where bigger than many all the other top pros of the time, if you were to put the tape around them.

There was no way Dorian could ever have been able to even maintian his bicep size, let alone build them up with the rest of his body, after a tear that left his bicep practically 50% gone!

His triceps, while great in some poses, were not blessed with very full muscle bellies, although he did a lot with what he had.

Genetics and an injury was the ONLY reason they did not match his back, not his knolwedge or understanding of how to make them grow. To suggest otherwise shows ignorance in this matter.
    Last edited by Mike Arnold; March 5th, 2010, 02:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lilyankee
    replied
    Originally posted by jasonrjoseph View Post
    Training like shit u clown? Listen Dorian trains like he does because it fits him if anybody talking shit about kai and his non receptive behavior took the time to realize hes not going to train like him 4weeks from a contest much less the arnold and another thing ever notice dorian trains every body the same way he trains himself, he doesn't even squat you really expect kai to do that u also expect him to stop pulling his deadlifts off the floor to ya right The fucking guy was doing a pump session hes not going to have a hard core work out 4 days form a show u douche
    tell it like it is jason some of theses guys dont know nothing about the sports of body building

Leave a comment:

• piotrek
    replied
    1-branch
    2-dexter
    3-heath
    4-kai

Leave a comment:

• piotrek
    replied
    Heavy Weight princess get off MY dick you MOMO hahaha lol.

Leave a comment:

• Beast_freaK
    replied
    Originally posted by piotrek View Post
    Oh i am sorry,did i hurt your fillings? Are you Ok princess? The point is that you didn't make any point!You MOMO! LOL
    Lol @ momo...someone needs to get off Gregg V's dick.

Leave a comment:

• Miami Muscle
    replied
    Originally posted by BostonBadBoy View Post
    i can honestly say that yes, i could do better than those if i was that low. those are the WORST barbell rows i've ever seen a pro do. the guys sounds like he hates his job and is miserable. yet he CHOOSES to do it. it seems like kai hates bodybuilding, and to him it's a means to an end.
    Brah, u mad?

Leave a comment:

• MisterGX
    replied
    [quote=Mike Arnold;1926178]
    Originally posted by MisterGX View Post
    Understand that his being trained by Dorian is an MD project which he is contracted to do. If it wasn't for that, he wouldn't be going to Dorian for any pointers (like he needs any).[/quote]

True, but don't you think he could've played along so the video at least made sense?

Actually, for as much as Kai might know about training, Dorian is VERY knowledgable when it comes to back training and many people could learn something from him. Everyone has stuff to learn; all of us bro.

Kai has weak areas in his back, like his upper back and traps, which really are quite far behind lats. Kai has awsome lats, but not great traps, rhomboid, terres major or minor, or erectors. If Kai ever got those arreas up to par with his lats, his back would be even better.

Also, Kai needs more pectoral, delt and tricep development, so to say Kai couldn't use any pointers from one of the very most knowledgebal BB'rs in the world is ridiculous. I have been following Dorian for before he was a pro and this guy knows his shit. When it comes to anatomy, muscle function and how to properly work each muscle, he is extremely knowledgable.
    He could/would have played along if this was shot 6 weeks earlier. As far as pointers for his back work, I think Kai got more out of the one/two weeks of working with Glass. Kai has improved in pec & delt areas (more is needed & might show this weekend). And Dorian is the last person to ask for pointers when it comes to arms period. I'm not saying Dorian doesn't know his shit, because he does. Some of his choices for back, I incorporate in my own workout (reverse grip rows). But to say his way is the only/best way is incorrect. Is Dorain's way of deadlifting more correct than say Ronnie's? Everyone is right in their own way. But let's do these pro pairing workouts when everyone is fully carbed...
    Last edited by MisterGX; March 4th, 2010, 04:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bodybuilder81
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Arnold View Post
    Kai will be #1 in the back department at the Arnold, but that is kind of besides the point.

My post was only in reference to the comment that said Kai doesn't need any instruction or "pointers" in his training because his back is so good.

You can have the best back in the world and still not know everything about back training. Also, Kai has some of the best lats in the wolrd, but his back is far from the best in many other ways and Kai says so himself.

His back would be 2X better if he improved his traps and other upper back muscles and kai knows this. A lot of Kai's devlopment is simply genetic and due to hard training, not because he knows the most. I have no doubt that Kai could dramatically improve his back in the upper area even further from where it currently stands.

The point is, Dorian does having something to offer Kai, as he does most people. Knowledge and development are not always connected; you should know that bro.
    Well said!

Leave a comment:

• GetBiggie
    replied
    wtf is up with all the essays in this thread

Leave a comment:

• Mike Arnold
    replied
    Originally posted by jab4240 View Post
    wow with 25 posts on here im suprised you think you can even address an MD member. second if you read his posts he isnt bad mouthing anyone. Mike was stating the obvious! just bc he is on team md doesnt mean he has to agree with or lie about what was clear in the video of kai training with dorian. i mean we all saw it very clearly. second dont talk trash to an md guy or call him out then in ur second part of the post talk about your bb expireince or how much you love kai, bc honeslty no one cares about what you think or your past expireinces! maybe you should go back to the "muscle and fitness or Flex" boards where the ignorant/unintelligant people maybe give a shit about what you have to say!

Thanks for the support brother.

I understand some of my posts may have come across as less than positive, but like a lot of people, I too can get frustrated with some of the things I view.

But his post that says I was extremely negative and was "trashing" Kai was overboard and I don't agree at all. Irrelevant character bashing or derogatory comments is one thing, but speaking one's mind in regards to facts or what is witnessed is another.

Thanks again, as I do feel the need to support our athletes, but also feel the need to occasionally speak my mind without being verbally castrated.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Arnold
    replied
    Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
    Name one guy who will compete at the arnold classic with a better back than kai?

Kai will be #1 in the back department at the Arnold, but that is kind of besides the point.

My post was only in reference to the comment that said Kai doesn't need any instruction or "pointers" in his training because his back is so good.

You can have the best back in the world and still not know everything about back training. Also, Kai has some of the best lats in the wolrd, but his back is far from the best in many other ways and Kai says so himself.

His back would be 2X better if he improved his traps and other upper back muscles and kai knows this. A lot of Kai's devlopment is simply genetic and due to hard training, not because he knows the most. I have no doubt that Kai could dramatically improve his back in the upper area even further from where it currently stands.

The point is, Dorian does having something to offer Kai, as he does most people. Knowledge and development are not always connected; you should know that bro.
    Last edited by Mike Arnold; March 4th, 2010, 03:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Arnold
    replied
    Originally posted by 1bigrod View Post
    I have seen pics over the last week and TRUST ME KAI LOOKS BIGGER AND BETTER THAN HE HAS EVER BEEN BEFORE A TOTAL FREAK! I want to come back and hear what all you have say come sat when the new Kai is unleashed and dominates the ASC. I love Branch and I am a huge fan of his and would also love to see him win or give Kai a run for his money. However, at 275-280 at 5'8 and fing shredded he will be tough to beat! Anyone care to make a friendly bet? I'll put up a can of Epoblast or Eponox that he wins! Come on all you experts hiding behind your keyboard....I'll be at the Xero Limits booth all weekend to collect my winnings!!!

My money is also on Kai for the win. If he is really as conditioned as you say he is at that weight (and Kai always does his best to get in condition) then I don't really see how anyone there could beat him; not Dexter or Branch or Phil.

I love Branch and would also love to see him win, but unless Kai comes in off, I don't see him losing with such overwhelming size, seperation and condition.

Leave a comment:

• Rich2020
    replied
    Waste of a damn thread.

Leave a comment:

• johnq
    replied
    Originally posted by BostonBadBoy View Post
    uhh no, i'm not mad at all, i'm kind of getting frustrated hearing about all this "visualization, reading positive affirmations, self belief, blah blah blah" dude, just train your ass off, eat what you gotta eat, get it done and enjoy it, how about this, kai comes from a bad area in brooklyn right? would he rather be in some ghetto selling crack? dude looks like someone just ran over his dog, i would give my left nut sack to be where he is with his life.
    u have two nut sacks?

Leave a comment:

• jab4240
    replied
    Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
    Name one guy who will compete at the arnold classic with a better back than kai?
    no one said he didnt have one of the best backs! he just said anyone with great genetics (ie kai) in the back department will most certainly get great development no matter what he does. everyone that lifts (seriously) knows that people are born with certain muscles that just respond to anything they do. i mean there are guys who probably do one hard set for arms and they are just naturally going to grow like weeds. kai's back is one of his better muscle groups. no one is negating the fact that his back is amazing, he was just saying that Dorian could probably help with some detail in it. it never hurt to look at or try other training methods. its all trial and error. with all that cleared up, do i think kai needs help in the back department... HELL NO! but again thats just my 2cents.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X