Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Arnold Prejudging Comparisons Video: Armchair judges, this is for you!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BGJimmy View Post
    Does no one else think phil's narrowness might be what throws him off
    I think he is a great bb one of my fav's but HIs narrowness in chest and even
    legs really makes it look something is missing where is kai looks more complete?

It was close but I think Kai deserved the win
    no i dont think so, he has a very pleasing physique and well put together. Just those arms really shadow his chest....bodybuilding shouldn be focus on how wide can i get
    HSIT=HOMO SEX INTENSITY TRAINING

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPaul View Post
      Lol, I think phil looked "narrow" when he first turned pro... Now, not so much..

True.

Also, when you watch the video posedown with the top 6, Phil actually looks like he has a bigger, wider chest thgan Kai and doean't really look too narrow at all. Sure, he doesn't look as wide as some guys, but his chest when standing relaxed is definitely NOT small or narrow anymore.

Comment

Phil Heath should have won.

Kai had him on a few "power shots", like front/rear lats...and has more massive lower body. That's it.

Phil had everyone on conditioning, symmetry and proportion. I guess he's gotta pay his dues for another year or two.
        "I'd rather be dead than average" - Mike Maddog Bell

Comment

Originally posted by Lex1247 View Post
          Phil Heath should have won.

Kai had him on a few "power shots", like front/rear lats...and has more massive lower body. That's it.

Phil had everyone on conditioning, symmetry and proportion. I guess he's gotta pay his dues for another year or two.
          u said it yourself bro kai had him on a few front and rear lats are power moves big scorers if u dominate someone in those areas like they say he who has the best back wins

Comment

Originally posted by JT1225 View Post
            Phil Heath got robbed. No way did Kai get that much better and Phil that much worse from prejudging to the finals.
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the finals are no longer scored, its just the prejudging.

Comment

I think Phil looked great, and so did Kai. I don't understand how Phil could be up after the prejudging and then lose the show. Phil does look a lot bigger than he really is because of his shape, but you can't deny that Kai has superior back and legs.

Comment

i def think phil should have won, but there is to much subjective bs involved. kai did have way freakier legs though in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Arnold View Post
                  I think this Judge converstaion clearly gives us our answer by the LACK of answers.

It's funny that the Judge told you Kai was the clear winner, but that same Judge scored Heath higher in pre-judging and then refused to give you an answer on how Phil lost a 3 point lead when you asked him. LOL. I think that explains everything.

You see, these Judges know damn well that if they told you exactly why and how they awarded points in the posddown (because it's always different from show to show depending on how someone feels), that you would be pissed and wouldn't think it was very fair. Instead, they choose not to answer at all.

Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
                  The head judge and the other judge I spoke about are 2 different people. The 2nd judge didnt judge the show, he was just giving his opinion of how itcould habe happened.
                  JOIN my health transformation challenge
                  www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Comment

Originally posted by MsGuns View Post
                    The head judge and the other judge I spoke about are 2 different people. The 2nd judge didnt judge the show, he was just giving his opinion of how itcould habe happened.

Ok, thans for clarifying that. Also, thanks for posting what he said, although you do have to admit, he didn't do very much to answer any of the questions everyone has. LOL.

I do believe that the very large majority of these Judges do have good intentions and try to judge as fairly as possinble, so it's not really the Judges I have a problem with, but the judging system itself.

There is no denying that our judging system needs a drastic overhaul.

Comment

The judges really dont owe anyone explainations....you either take as is or leave it. Complainin about it online aint goin to change anything...lol
                      KAI is the 2009 & 2010 WINNER!
                      JOIN my health transformation challenge
                      www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Comment

Originally posted by MsGuns View Post
                        The judges really dont owe anyone explainations....you either take as is or leave it. Complainin about it online aint goin to change anything...lol
                        KAI is the 2009 & 2010 WINNER!
                        Sure they owe the people who paid to see the contest! Phil Was Big,Full and much improved! The IFBB is all about Freaky size and Improvements and Phil Fits This Category!

Comment

Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
                          Sure they owe the people who paid to see the contest! Phil Was Big,Full and much improved! The IFBB is all about Freaky size and Improvements and Phil Fits This Category!

I agree 100%. This is not a dictatorship and the fans have damn right to know how and why decisions are being made, so the Judges very much do owe us an explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMasko View Post
                            Let me ask you this....what was your top 4..

If your top 4 is Dex,Phil,Kai and Branch (not in that particular order) then how does the judging system need a "Drastic" overhaul? I could see if Phil got 6th or something stupid like that I just dont see were it needs a drastic overhaul if you disagree with 1 or 2 placings were you would just flip flop them...seems like a pretty good system dont ya think?
                            No!

Just because the top 4 athletes landed somewhere in the top 4, it doesn't mean the judging system is sound. If only 1 athlete gets a royal screwing, it isn't OK.

The fact is, our judging system is the ONLY subjective judging system in the wolrd that is set-up in a way that causes unnecessary confusion and which has no clear guidelines or precedures for physique judging across the board. Every show is different, there is no accountability, there are loopholes, the competitors are often judged outside of their physiques and there are rarely explanations given for all the seeming contradictory results and placements from one show to the next, the same athletes are re-judged over and over again, scores are constantly adjusted after thorough judging has taken place, etc. I could go on for a while.

Ask these pros if they know exactly what they need to do to win each show and see what they say? Ask them if they know specifcally what each panel of judges is looking for at each show and see what they say. They won't be able to say, only take a guess.

The thing is, many of the problems we now face could easily be fixed or greatly improved. With subjective judging, you need to have in place as much consistency as you can in the areas that are able to be consistent. Throwing constant change and confusion into not only the subjective aspect of the judging by it's very nature, but also refusing to address and change the things that can be fixed and made stable just doesn't make sense. This has been being said for years by fans and pro BB'rs alike.

Comment

Phil should fill out a police report because he got fucking robbed. Phil's cocky attitude started annoying me and Kai at the 09 Arnold was fucking crazy, I became a fan of mr. Greene ...but Phil blew his ass back to Brooklyn this time. That was total bullshitfFor once we have the score cards as proof, it's not a conspiracy it's fuckjng evident .. And I made this a big ass run on sentence on purpose. Worse screwing than the USA gymnastic team in beijing

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                                Phil should fill out a police report because he got fucking robbed. Phil's cocky attitude started annoying me and Kai at the 09 Arnold was fucking crazy, I became a fan of mr. Greene ...but Phil blew his ass back to Brooklyn this time. That was total bullshitfFor once we have the score cards as proof, it's not a conspiracy it's fuckjng evident .. And I made this a big ass run on sentence on purpose. Worse screwing than the USA gymnastic team in beijing
                                Phil improved his chest and back and was much bigger than the other guys! Thew olympia will be very kind to Phil this year,he just has to rip up his new mass and he will do very well!

Comment

Working...
                                X