Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Harris' Europa Prejudging Report and Re-cap PACKED WITH PICS AND VIDEO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Harris' Europa Prejudging Report and Re-cap PACKED WITH PICS AND VIDEO!

Europa Battle of Champions - Hartford
    Prejudging Report
    by Ron Harris

Pro Men’s 202

11 men competed in the premier edition of the Europa Hartford show’s 202 division. As expected, the title came down to last week’s winner in Tampa, Jose Raymond, and former 202 Showdown (or as we all need to call it, the 202 Mr. Olympia), Dave Henry.

Dave had not been seen on stage since last September, when he attempted to defend that O title but was forced to surrender it to Kevin English. Dave went back to the drawing board and vowed to come back more formidable than ever. Was he? That’s debatable, Henry had clearly made gains to his upper body, and to a lesser extent, his legs. I’d say his hams seem to have improved more than his quads, and I honestly don’t know if those quads will ever match the sheer thickness and fullness of his showcase areas; back, chest, and arms. Condition-wise, Dave looked damn good even though we’ve seen his glutes and hams a lot more carved-out than they were tonight.

Dave’s toughest challenge came in the form of The Boston Mass, Jose Raymond. Overall, Jose is every bit as massive as Dave. Dave’s chest is a lot better, his back isn’t too much better than Jose’s, and legs are where Jose really edges him out. In terms of condition, Jose was ahead for sure. What will the judges do? Most people seem to think Dave has it locked up, but Jose has his supporters too. It’s not a clear-cut case where Dave wins by a mile. Indeed, the final callout of judging was just those two again, as if the judges needed another good look before they made their final decisions.

A pleasant surprise in the show was France’s Frederic Sauvage, who had an excellent package of size, shape, and condition. He has a great look to him, and should finish in third.

Honorable mention should go to Guy Cisternino, making his pro debut. Guy has added some quality mass since turning pro as a middleweight, though he still needs more upper body to match his legs. He wasn’t quite in the condition he should have been, but he’s definitely on his way and made a respectable first showing.

Open Men

In the Open show, it’s looking like it might be back to back wins for Ben ‘Showstoppa’ White, who won last weekend in Tampa. Though his glutes weren’t clearly striated, Ben was hard as nails with deep separations and plenty of detail everywhere else. His blend of size and shape was too much for any of the other men to handle.

But 2008 NPC Nationals champ Ed Nunn also looked fantastic, with a lot of size and a remarkably small waist for a man as tall and heavy as he is (about six foot and 260 pounds). Ed’s legs were among the best in the show, too, and I feel when he fills out his upper body to match them he’ll really be a pain in the ass for all the top pro’s. Ed’s physique reminds me a lot of Toney Freeman’s. Based on the callouts and how the judges were shuffling Ben and Ed back and forth, it could go either way. Frankly, not many people would be shocked if Ed Nunn wins.

Troy Alves was shredded and grainy, with the type of muscle maturity that belies his twenty-plus years of hard training. His shape and proportions are phenomenal, and it’s a credit to him that he was able to beat a lot of much bigger guys. Troy still needs more legs, though some would argue his lack of extreme mass in the lower body is what makes him the modern-day successor to classic physiques like Frank Zane, Lee Labrada, and Bob Paris.

George Farah has made a real name for himself in recent years as a contest prep coach. But tonight ‘The Pro Maker’ dusted off his posing trunks and returned to the stage after being away for several years. ‘Bulletproof’s’ trademark guns were looking freaky, and his overall condition was right on. But since I have to be honest, George looked flat and over-dieted to my eyes. I still remember the fuller look he had no so long ago, and I’m sure he is capable of returning to that form. It was most obvious in his legs, which I recall as being larger.

Mike Liberatore and Johnnie Jackson both looked really good as well, and should round out the top five.

A big question mark is big Leo Ingram. The former Navy man was simply enormous. I estimated him to be about 270 pounds, with freaky round shoulders, arms, chest, and legs. Really, Leo has no weak bodyparts and was the most massive man in the show. At times when he isn’t controlling his breathing, his stomach can appear a bit distended. But based on what I saw, I wouldn’t rule out a placing as high as third, potentially.

Mike Kefalianos from Australia is another man I could see possibly in the top five. He packs a lot of thick muscle and he was in excellent condition. Michael does have a blocky type of build, and that could put him behind some of the men with ‘prettier’ shape.

Darrem Charles was looking about 80% of his best ever. I think back to just a few years ago and how much more impressive he was and wonder, what happened? Don’t get me wrong, Darrem still has a very good physique, but at one time he would have crushed a lineup like this. Today I don’t even see him in the top five.

Erik ‘House’ Fankhouser looked pretty good, but nowhere near as amazing as he did just two months ago in New York. He’s doing the Mr. Olympia in nine weeks and if I had been advising him, I would have had him skip this show. Based on the callouts he will be toward the bottom of the top ten.

The finals kick off tomorrow at 2:30, so we’ll just have to see how it all plays out.

To see how it all unfolded scroll down to follow Ron and Robbie's Play-by-Play
    Steve Blechman, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

(The following is a condensed version of MD's prejudging play-by-play)

For the full version CLICK HERE

Here is the line up:

The 1st Ever Europa Pro comes to Hartford, Connecticut by Promoters, Ed & Betty Pariso on Saturday, July 24th.

Open Men

Serdar Aktolga, Turkey
    Troy Alves, USA
    Damaso Chacon, Venezuela
    Darrem Charles, Trinidad
    Constantinos Demetriou, Australia
    Oscar Dextar, Tahiti
    Oleg Emelyanov, USA
    Erik Fankhouser, USA
    George Farah, USA
    Leo Ingram, Jr., USA
    Johnnie Jackson, USA
    Emro Karaduzovic, Montenego
    Michael Kefalianos, Australia
    Michael Liberatore, USA
    Jeff Long, USA
    Alexandre Nataf, France
    Edward Nunn, USA
    Gregory Ulysse, Canada
    Ben White, USA

Pro Mens 202lb

Gaetano, Cisternino, Jr., USA
    Abiu Feliz, USA
    Anthony Finocchiaro, USA
    Wendell Floyd, USA
    David Henry, USA
    Jeff (Box) Long, USA
    Tim Martin, USA
    Luc Molines, France
    Jose Raymond, USA
    Frederic Sauvage, France

Pro Women Bodybuilders

Lisette Acevedo, USA
    Irene Anderson, Sweden
    Helen Bouchard, Canada
    Nicole Ball, USA
    Debbie Bramwell, USA
    Brigita Brezovac, Slovenia
    Sarah Bridges, United Kingdom
    Maria Calo, USA
    Tazzie Columb, USA
    Beverly DiRenzo, USA
    Cassandra Floyd, USA
    Skadi Frei-Seifert, Germany
    Elizabeth Gomez, Mexico
    Aurelia Grozajova, Slovakia
    Mary Ellen Jerumbo, USA
    Cathy LeFrancois, Canada
    Wendy McCready, United Kingdom
    Elizabeth Meza, Mexico
    Tammy Patnode, USA
    Rita Rae, USA
    Daniela Sell, Switzerland

Pro Women's FIGURE

Tivisay Briceno, USA
    Rachel Cammon, USA
    Melody Clere, USA
    Jennifer DeJoya, USA
    Ginette Delhaes, Canada
    Monica Mark Escalante, USA
    LaVonda Ezell, USA
    Mia Finnegan, USA
    Aleisha Hart, Canada
    Caroline Hernandez, USA
    Jennifer Hernandez, USA
    Candice Keene, USA
    JulieAnn Kulla, USA
    Michele Mayberry, USA
    Petra Mertl, Czech Republic
    Jennifer Migliacci, USA
    Hazal Nelson, USA
    Vicki Nixon, USA
    Kristin Nunn, USA
    Marcy Porter, USA
    Juliette Primark, USA
    Mikaila Soto, USA
    Laura Sutter, USA
    Gina Trochiano, USA
    Terri Turner, USA

Pro Women's BIKINI

Jelena Abbou, USA
    Dianna Dahlgren, USA
    Diana Fields, USA
    Kelly Gonzalez, USA
    Janet Harding, USA
    Kat Holmes, USA
    Jessica Jessie, USA
    Tabitha Klausen-Leandri, USA
    Natalie Waples, Canada

Comment

Comment

Tazzie Colomb looks insane

Muscular Development Online Editor
        FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Comment

Cathy Lefrancois also in great condition< striated glutes

FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Comment

Comment

Very odd - Nicole Ball in first 2 callouts - small compared to the other top women?

Comment

They like Lisette Acevedo a lot - she's in first 2 callouts too

Comment

Comment

Comment

#1 Guy Cisternino, USA
                          put on good size since turning pro - condition isn't there though nice shape

Comment

Abiu Feliz, USA
                            nice lines, not a lot of thickness good back

Comment

Anthony Finocchiaro USA
                              Good upper body and ripped, really weak legs older guy

Comment

Working...
                              X