• Show
Clear All

• 2010 Europa Pro "Preview"

2010 Europa Pro Championship “Preview”
    By
    Shawn Ray

Presented by
    Gaspari Nutrition

There is no question about it; this show has more Questions than Answers before we get to the Final 3 than any Europa Pro Show of its kind in recent years! First off, we have what seems to be a gazillion guys making their Pro Debut’s not just few new Pro’s but some bonafide solid Contenders for the title here in Dallas, Texas this weekend. We have Big Cedric McMillan out of South Carolina whom 8 Time Mr. Olympia Lee Haney assure me that will one day be a Future Mr. Olympia for sure! Since Cedric’s overwhelming victory at last year’s NPC Nationals, he has added more size, thickness and bringing in better detail which could only spell one thing for his opposition, “TROUBLE!” Certainly on paper and from what I witnessed last year when Cedric won his IFBB Pro Card in November of 09, I am a believer and on his Gravy Train of Fans betting that Cedric wins his Pro Debut a lot of expectations for someone with so much potential early in his career. Next up, 2009 USA Overall Winner, Mark Alvisi who is no slouch in the “ Muscle Quality” department. A very good looking kid with tons of potential, Mark has classic lines and great condition. The question I have here is, will it be enough to stack up against the overall Thickness of Cedric? If McMillan is 5 pounds too heavy, Alvisi could be the one who becomes the Spoiler in D Town! Speaking of Overall USA Champions, Brandon Curry is making his way back into the spotlight after making his Pro Debut at the PBW Tampa Pro a few weeks back after a 2 year layoff from competition since his victory at the USA in Las Vegas, Nevada. Brandon has all the tools to be spectacular but will have needed to improve the size of his legs and bring in better condition at the same time which might be too much to ask from this Sophomore Pro in only his 2nd show. Not to be out done, his wife Brandy who will be making her IFBB Pro Debut in the Pro Bikini Competition the same day! The German Giant, Markus Ruhl is back with Vengeance! Markus is seeking an Upset Victory here in Dallas as he has been quietly handling his training overseas and looking to vanquish a few dreams. No stranger to tough competition but it remains to be seen if the time away and the youth of the competition will be too much for Mr. Big? Others throwing their hat in the arena trying to ruin some plans are Rookie Pro out of Maryland, Shawn Rhoden who could be a surprise to many unsuspecting competitors as he has added nearly 12lbs to his frame since winning the North America’s last September. Former Overall National Champion, Bill Wilmore will be Big and Beefy as he is looking to add some extra flavor to the mix but he will need to nail his color and glute / hamstring detail to be a force in this contest. With the help of his training mentor, Hany Rambod, Wilmore says he is not coming to enjoy the weekend but rather to do work and inflict Pain! The Military Machine, Leo Ingram is coming to War with Pound for Pound probably the most muscle packed into a frame. Leo has mounds of muscle but will need to hit his “PEAK” to be in contention here. Typically a promise not yet kept but potentially a threat to the Genetic Freaks out there if he nails his conditioning! While there are others in this contest like perennial top 5 finalist, Mike Kefalianos out of Australia who has narrowly missed the top 3 Olympia Qualification on 3 separate occasions this year, there are certain to be a few more surprises in the form of some highly conditioned athletes who won’t simply roll over a die! This show has all the makings of a Clash of the Titans is I have ever seen one!

The Men’s Europa 202 Division has brought back last year’s winner out of the Blue Grass State of Kentucky, Ricky “Tricky” Jackson is looking to defend his title against the reigning Lt Heavy Weight National Champion, Seth Feroce out of Pittsburgh in only his 4th Contest ever! Seth & Ricky should be the last two sanding in this class leaving room for only One More Competitor to squeeze into this Olympia Showdown Qualifying Contest. Look for Clarence DeVis out of Belgium to make a run for the finish line in this one to nab the last spot on the roster and a ticket to Vegas!

Finals Saturday, August 14th at 2:30pm CST, you don’t want to miss this one!

Markus is not lookin for the upset Shawn, other should be lookin to upset him by trying to defeat the german giant. What you smokin???

Tricky Jackson should definitely have his hands full with Seth Ferocious making his pro debut.
    Dream big and work hard!

Comment

Del Toro you are smoking...lol
      JOIN my health transformation challenge
      www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Comment

i wish money grew on trees, i would love to see Seth in his first pro show.
        Sacrifice is everything.

Comment

Working...
        X