Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Essa Obaid Wins! Full Europa Results, Reports, Scorecards and Interviews HERE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRO LEE PRIEST View Post
    Yes we will....but by taking the adding up of th scores out of the IFBB's hands and give to an accounting firm..this will stop alot of the talk about fixes etc.....once the judge marks their papaer it is handed to firm put away...then night show scores handed to firm..added up after pose down and handed to emcee.......This way we will have none of this after pre-judging all this talk about who is leading etc by so many points....make it more legit....easy to do...Yes it's subjective judges will all have their own ides of the body type they like..but this would just help when it comes to out comes of shows...
    ok, let's agree to disagree.

let's put this in perspective...bb is a beauty pageant...beauty is in the eye of the beholder (pardon the overused cliche).

judges since in time in memorial will err, make illogical decisions, have alterior motives, be corrupt etc etc.

my point is, the fact that bb is not a true sport eg. goals kicked or whatever will determine the outcome. then bb will always be subject to these banal back and forth debates about who is better....in other words, bb being what it is can never really have a 'real' winner...it will forever be semantic debate.

Comment

Yes but i am saying..people always say how they change the scores..people know the score after pre judging etc....getting an account firm to do the scores takes that bit of conspiracy away.....you have people judge who own companies with sponsored athletes on stage..you have gym owners judge with people who train at their gym onstage...so people always think the scores get changed...so having an impartial person do the scores at end will take all the talk away.....and it will be what it is..
      Infinite + 1 = Doing what others are scared to dream of.

Comment

Originally posted by PRO LEE PRIEST View Post
        Yes but i am saying..people always say how they change the scores..people know the score after pre judging etc....getting an account firm to do the scores takes that bit of conspiracy away.....you have people judge who own companies with sponsored athletes on stage..you have gym owners judge with people who train at their gym onstage...so people always think the scores get changed...so having an impartial person do the scores at end will take all the talk away.....and it will be what it is..

Lee, your idea of an independant, impartial accounting firm is unique! Yes, it is a good idea...However, it is never going to happen...This industry is controlled by the major supplement companies, mags etc...They prop-up this industry...they have a vested interest in 'orchestrating' wins...this is never going to change...I agree with you Lee, this industry is embedded in corruption! and that is never going to change as long as we have the current crop of 'big players' (supp companys and mags etc) calling the shots...just my opinion, not hating only expressing a view.

Comment

Sadly the IFBB is a lot more like Wrestling Entertainment than the fans or many of the competitors would like it to be.

Bodybuilding as a sport in North America badly needs reform but it's not terribly likely to happen. Olympic Lifting, Power lifting, and Bodybuilding; the strength sports are badly broken. You can't find a set of bumpers or a lifting platform in a gym. Powerlifting is completely fragmented, Bodybuilding is a freak show. Strongman seems to have a glimmer of life in it.

I live in hope but I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Robot View Post
            Sadly the IFBB is a lot more like Wrestling Entertainment than the fans or many of the competitors would like it to be.

Bodybuilding as a sport in North America badly needs reform but it's not terribly likely to happen. Olympic Lifting, Power lifting, and Bodybuilding; the strength sports are badly broken. You can't find a set of bumpers or a lifting platform in a gym. Powerlifting is completely fragmented, Bodybuilding is a freak show. Strongman seems to have a glimmer of life in it.

I live in hope but I won't hold my breath.
            good analysis, good post...yes the sport is a laughing stock...needs massive reform...don't know where it should start though!

Comment

Working...
            X