This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    My god. Talk about the mob mentality. I have zero problem with people disputing judging decisions. That happens. I get it. You are welcome to your opinions. I don't this it's right to slander people with no basis and you read these posts and it's like people are outraged at mark. All he did was show up in his best condition. How is it his fault that you don't agree with a judges decision?
    Alright maybe I was a bit too fanatic with my reaction (must be the late night beers). For that I apologize my friend.

People have the feeling (so do I) that Marks placing is fixed, and it's the second one in a short while concerning a Gaspari athlete (Nick Medici being the other one offcourse). When someone says something about it, you tell him to basically shut it and he should watch out because he's sponsered by muscletech and shouldn't say his opinion about the whole thing because it concerned another supp company.

Your already posted you where just curious, but to me it looked like you where a bit to defensive and was defending Marks placing, like it was a fair decision, and everybody who disagrees should shut it, or else. That's where you kinda pissed me off, because the whole unfair judging stuff that's going on is bad for our sport and with that terrible judging that is so sensitive for fraud our sport can never be taken serious.

If someone actually says it's Marks fault he placed second, or Mark should be ashamed of his placing, or crawl under a rock or whatever, I say you have the full right to defend Mark (after all it's not his fault)

If someone says that the Gaspari fixed the show, it's a whole other story and you should just let someone speak it's mind ( but you stated you where just curious, so let's just let it be shall we )

Comment

Originally posted by kenbo213 View Post
      Haha, Gaspari couldn't afford to have Alvisi place out of the top five. How would MAX function otherwise? Get ready for the new angle Rich is going to implement in those shit advertisements.
      Classic avatar man

In regard to Mark's placing, I think it is a pure gift.

Comment

i could consider myself an alvisi fan. i like the guys lines and he had great conditioning but i personally believe he was undeserving of his placing
        instagram: fit4payne_benthebuilder

Comment

Originally posted by Tagh View Post
          Alright maybe I was a bit too fanatic with my reaction (must be the late night beers). For that I apologize my friend.

People have the feeling (so do I) that Marks placing is fixed, and it's the second one in a short while concerning a Gaspari athlete (Nick Medici being the other one offcourse). When someone says something about it, you tell him to basically shut it and he should watch out because he's sponsered by muscletech and shouldn't say his opinion about the whole thing because it concerned another supp company.

Your already posted you where just curious, but to me it looked like you where a bit to defensive and was defending Marks placing, like it was a fair decision, and everybody who disagrees should shut it, or else. That's where you kinda pissed me off, because the whole unfair judging stuff that's going on is bad for our sport and with that terrible judging that is so sensitive for fraud our sport can never be taken serious.

If someone actually says it's Marks fault he placed second, or Mark should be ashamed of his placing, or crawl under a rock or whatever, I say you have the full right to defend Mark (after all it's not his fault)

If someone says that the Gaspari fixed the show, it's a whole other story and you should just let someone speak it's mind ( but you stated you where just curious, so let's just let it be shall we )
          here's the thing that doesn't make sense. If gaspari fixed the show, then how did Ava Cowan, who is one of the most popular if not the most popular figure athlete out there, and who looked awesome (admittedly I am biased) not make top 3 and qualify for the O at the last 2 shows? In fact she placed 8th at this last show? Where is her favoritism? That's why I have a hard time buying that argument. Honestly I think this is just a case where the judges and fans didn't see eye to eye. That's just my opinion
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

This is fukin bulshit. I like Mark but he was not top 3, no fuckin way on earth. He wasnt even in the final top 3 prejudging pose down? then what, a miracle and hes top 2 hahahaha fuck me man. Can this scam be anymore obvious people. Nice guy and all but he won't even place in the Mr.O if he even does it and I bet you he won't. I kept thinking he should drop down to the 202's hahaha

Comment

let's all get this right...It's not Mark's fault he placed this high. Ultimately it comes down to judges. I feel they fucked it up. it's okay, it's bodybuilding. I respect him because he did what he had to do with what he had to work with. but do i think he should have placed top 5? No.

Comment

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                here's the thing that doesn't make sense. If gaspari fixed the show, then how did Ava Cowan, who is one of the most popular if not the most popular figure athlete out there, and who looked awesome (admittedly I am biased) not make top 3 and qualify for the O at the last 2 shows? In fact she placed 8th at this last show? Where is her favoritism? That's why I have a hard time buying that argument. Honestly I think this is just a case where the judges and fans didn't see eye to eye. That's just my opinion
                I'm not saying Gaspari actually fixed the show, it just looks like that. If so, that's hypothetically speaking offcourse it might be to obvious to also let Ava get a high placing. I think she's a beauty to watch, but her physique just isn't what the judges are looking for and moving her up would make it to obvious (maybe, still hypothetically speaking right)

On the other end letting Nick Medici win his class (which he shouldn't) and the overall (which he definitely shouldn't) is great for Gaspari sales, a teen that wins his show and all that just by using Gaspari products (we all know he's loaded with drugs but that aside) will definitely sell more products with the teen supplement consumers.

Mark placing high will definitely sell more products overall, and definitely sale more with the average consumer. It would both be a wise decision/investment from Rich business wise, winning athletes in your marketing campaign for new products will surely make the sales go up.

Now all that aside, you must admit that Nick and Mark's placing are a bit strange?

Comment

I thought Mark's placing was strange because he wasn't in the first callout in prejudging, however people forget that both prejudging and night show are scored. That is where the difference is made. As far as physiques go, these guys are all so good any of them can beat each other on any given day. I am a big fan of conditioning and Mark was very tight. Also Cedric's condition took a step back from his nationals conditioning and at this level that does enter into the judges minds.

As far as the teen nationals, I think the gyno on one competitor hurt him, but I still would have favored him physique wise over Nick, but again I am not a judge
                  BioLayne LLC
                  PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

layne hits the nail on the head again
                    instagram: fit4payne_benthebuilder

Comment

These threads are getting old, but I will answer this one. Ava is so hot she dosen't have to ever win or be in a big show to sell products. A prime example is Jamie Eason, she never turned pro and is all over the place selling products.

Comment

Look at it this way; maybe there is just a better investment for Mark to place well, rather than Ava. Girls hot, but Gasparis products are geared toward the male bodybuilding community. Mark did look good, perhaps better conditioned than Cedric. But I too doubt 2nd was a fair placing for him. Just my opinion.

Comment

This is a fucking BULL SHIT !!! Thanks to Gaspari he got the second place.This hole body building compiting is turning in to more politics then ever before.I just don't know how the other athlets can deal with this type of NONE SENSE.I am not buying Gaspari products no more!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X