Winklaar, Fankhouser, LeFrancois and Iris, interviews after the NY Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtjames View Post
    Very happy for Cathy! Excellent interview and wonderful to see camaraderie among these two competitors.

Agreed!

They're both perfectly understandable, imo.

It's just you.

I assume he has to be 202 at the weigh-in and that's it. Heard that Steve Weinberger had a photo of English with that day's newspaper taken at weigh-in just to silence people who would cry foul.

The show was fantastic but it seems there will always be people who dream up something to complain about.
    Hey Curt Your Right it was a greet show! Whats your opinion of Eugene Mishin? I thought he was top 5 for sure!

Comment

^It could have gone either way between House and Mishin. Glad to see the House take fifth. Eugene is already qualified for the O, so he can't be too disappointed.

There are times when I believe the whole placing system needs to be thrown out. That bodybuilding shouldn't be about first, second, and third or judges. But I guess we'll never see the sport aspect of physique tossed aside.

It has to be a competition with winners and losers.

If the world turned upside down though maybe there could simply be an exhibition of men and women at their individual best being appreciated by an audience. Call it physique display or performance art versus physique competition.

(cue John Lennon's song)

Comment

Cathy looked awesome. Awesome fbb to meet to. actually gives schmoes the time of day. lol.

Great deserving champion!
        Dream big and work hard!

Comment

fankhouser all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by !!!pa!!! View Post
            roelly deserved it now wait for him to take the olympia, sorry cutler enjoy you final few months of it
            He's a little ways off of an Olympia title.

Comment

Prejudging was scheduled for 11 a.m.

I'm guessing the weigh-in is at 9 a.m. or so? Anyone reading this have that info?

What difference does it make? He weighed in at 202 or under. He could be 215 on stage and it wouldn't matter if he weighed under the limit at the time the weight was recorded. What, you expect the judges to weigh the competitors prior to the evening show, too?

Solid win by English!

Comment

Originally posted by mcmaz View Post
                He's a little ways off of an Olympia title.
                Agreed, I like roelly's physique, but he is not ready to win an olympia, and he knows that, hence his goal being top 6. That wont be an easy feat considering he will have to beat, in no particular order: jay, kai, vic, dex, branch, and phil. Thats 6 already... i dont know if he has the size to beat any of those guys, thats not to mention freeman or hide, or even wolf could improve as well. This is third time ive seen !!pa!! blow roelly, and quite frankly it's a little absurd to say he's gonna win the olympia. Yea roelly is young and has alot of potential, but a run for the olympia this year is not realistic. If you are going to make such a statement, give some legitamte rationale.

Comment

Originally posted by curtjames View Post
                  Prejudging was scheduled for 11 a.m.

I'm guessing the weigh-in is at 9 a.m. or so? Anyone reading this have that info?

What difference does it make? He weighed in at 202 or under. He could be 215 on stage and it wouldn't matter if he weighed under the limit at the time the weight was recorded. What, you expect the judges to weigh the competitors prior to the evening show, too?

Solid win by English!
                  The 202 Weigh-Ins Occurred between 11am and 2pm on Friday. So in essence they weighed in about 24hrs before stepping on stage.
                  "What is patriotism but the love of the food one ate as a child?" ~ Lin Yutang.

Comment

mmmmm that poland chick is hot.

Comment

Roelly was definitely deserving winner here. Did not expect him to do so well but in my eyes it was clear after the first comparison. Somehow did not "see" Hide in the beginning but more he got time on stage, better he started to look. I am extremely happy for both of these athletes.

In FBB I really liked Sheila Bleck. I actually had her winning it.. phenomenal debut, Sheila!

Comment

house and roelly both have bright futures in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by abcwarrior View Post
                          I agree, I was thinking that the other day when I was watching a video with that bald Polish guy interviewing, they should probably have their names mentioned in the interview title or at the end of the interview, like Shawn Ray says "I'm Shawn Ray, with Muscular Development' at the end of each broadcast.
                          The guy is Poldek Wilk and the girl is Magda Wilk, they're a nice couple

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
                            You're trippin'...Roelly looked good, but he ain't no Ronnie. PLEASE don't start this shit about him winning the O. Not going to happen. Beating Hide, Toney and Ruhl is a lot different from Branch, Kai, Jay and Dex. I do think he can crack the top 10 at the O. I figure 8th-10th

You also forgot about victor.

Comment

Is anyone else not able to get sound out of any video on here now?

Comment

Working...
                              X